The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. employers added 192,000 jobs in February

[quote=Roger Perry;761919]The oil prices are on the rise because of the unrest in the Middle East Libya in particular. How may I ask is it the fault/doing of the Obama administration.

Oil prices rose beginning in 2002 & 2003 with the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq which was directly related to the actions taken by the Bush administration. When was the last time you saw oil at $40.00 a barrel? During the Clinton administration?????????[/quote]

Please don't twist the facts!

Price of oil plummetted in 1985 and stayed below $40 per barrel until 1999.

In the second half of the 80's both Iran and Iraq were producing oil at breakneck speed in financing thier war with one another.

Price had NOTHING to do with Clinton!

India's and China's demand for oil has more than tripled since 1999.

Oil was actually below $20 per barrel until Jimmy Carter became President! During his term the cost skyrocketed.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

That's certainly good news for the employed and their families, (wonder if Duck was counted in that? ) but as the talking heads constantly say we need 120,000 just to keep up with population growth. And while yes it does have to start somewhere, I don't think PBO gets to take a bow untill 300,000 and holding for months. And that's not just me, that's what Krugman says. http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/200...-jobs-deficit/

Must just be coincidence though, that it's happening just after the extension of the tax rates.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791