The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $7.5 Million in Damage

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    BS is right. If after all that, the worst thing they can find is tape residue......

Hell, if that is 7.5 million, I'd hate to tally up how much my kids have done with markers and glue in our old house!! Maybe a billion?

LMAO at this RWE BS!!
    You're commenting on a newspaper report prepared by someone who likely majored in English rather than architecture or engineering. The reports probably don't detail by half the actual damage done. I wouldn't be surprised if there were even some structural damage considering the overload the building took for an extended period. Certainly it will have to be checked for that. Broken marble slabs are tough to replace when the only way to make the replacement match is to replace it all.

I don't know the details either but I'd hardly make light of the considered opinion of a professional.

Eric

I've never been to Madison, but just from the TV coverage I can see that the whole place isn't made out of marble. Signs, banners, etc were hung from the wood railings , what appeared to be wainscoting in places with varnishes and other old coatings, that I'm sure could qualify as antiques.
    Much of the damage was from tape & many of the signs used painters tape, but not all. Also seems to be an interesting contrast to the general lack of damage that has been reported after Tea Party events at various locations

So what about the rest of the damage, from anything from push pins and scotch/duct tape to signs being banged on the floors and into walls? Spilled drinks and food stomped into the floors/carpets. Let's not even get into "bodily substances". You ever watch any of those shows where it costs over $5000 just to restore a stupid jukebox? Any of you ever had to refurbish a rental house after a angry tenant is evicted? Stuff ads up, fast! Now multiply that by thousands of pissed off "renters".

What I think would be funny is to actually have one of y'all bid that Capitol job at a fixed cost with your low ball estimates.
    Then listen to the cries of bs when the $1 m bid climbs into overruns.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    , here's a cozy little pic or huntingman and RK!
    Very rude picture, Dave. I just threw up in my mouth a little. I could make further comments, but then I would just get hate mail from Marvin and UB. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    We have both been underbid by Paul.

"i call B.S............

heck, i'll quit my job in Ct., do the job in 2 weeks and only charge $1 million......."-Paul
    Yeah, but I think Paul is an undocumented worker trying to steal jobs from Americans by being willing to work so cheap!

Some of the posts on this thread about the willful destruction and disrespect of other peoples property speak Volumns about the authors.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Some of the posts on this thread about the willful destruction and disrespect of other peoples property speak Volumns about the authors.

stan b
    RK, don't take the comments so seriously. It is highly unlikely that 7.5 million dollars worth of damage occured unless someone took a sledge hammer to the marble walls.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Do you really think the importance is the amount of damage that was caused or the fact that some trash out of pure stupidity damaged proper that didn't belong to them and didn't care?
    A friend of mine has a term for that OPM that is other people's money.
    I made no comment on whether or not I thought it was important that someone(s) may have damaged property. I'm not sure how you arrived at that meaning. My point was how ridiculous and overblown the story was. If you can do $7.5 million damage with tape residue, maybe we should be dropping rolls of tape on Iraq and saving money on bombs.

All the libs are minimizing the damage reports as if it is nothing. If it was a tea party rally and there was $5 worth of damage you guys would be the first ones screaming bloody murder about the lack of respect. But you know when the tea party rallies, they don't leave garbage behind, they pick it up. See the photos below comparing Obamas inaugarul to the tea party rally on the National Mall.
    Last edited by huntinman; 05-16-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

stan b
    First of all, I don't condone vandalism or violence in any form. Second, I doubt the 7.5 million estimate, more likely just RWE propaganda, just like the palm-tree lined video of "violent protesters" we saw. Third, while not diminishing any actual damage that was done, I'm still more concerned about the families that will have their standard of living lowered despite a willingness to work for their piece of the American dream, and the kids who will be denied the same opportunity that all of us on POTUS were given, and made good with. Perhaps the governor shouldn't have launched an anti-family, anti-american campaign, and this "damage" wouldn't have occurred either?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    All the libs are minimizing the damage reports as if it is nothing. If it was a tea party rally and there was $5 worth of damage you guys would be the first ones screaming bloody murder about the lack of respect. But you know when the tea party rallies, they don't leave garbage behind, they pick it up. See the photos below comparing Obamas inaugarul to the tea party rally on the National Mall.
    The "libs" just had one of their congresswomen SHOT IN THE HEAD. Maybe that's why a little tape residue isn't such a big deal to them?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!