The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: $7.5 Million in Damage

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Well, you suspect wrong. And I do understand theft. Nothing pisses me off more. That's why I don't let my office manager put my diplomas, awards, or military decorations on display in our waiting room. I don't want them to walk off.

But this is a perfect example of the attacks that occur here. I make comments to the effect that this 7.5 million is trumped up. Which it is. So what happens? I'm told I don't own my own office? That I wouldn't understand having things stolen from me?

Doc, I expect more from you. You're on the same level as some of the others. Notably three others who rarely have anything to say other than personal attacks.

Have a good day.

(notice, no name calling)
    How about telling me what name I called you. I'm curious. You show me where I call you a name and I will be glad to apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I don't think there is anything on the pictures about the cost of cleaning it up. As many people with any sense have said REPEATEDLY, the amount isn't relevant. Take a look at the signs on the highways. It says $xxx for litering highway. It doesn't say $xx for littering the highway if it cost over $xxx to clean it up.
    You or anybody else want to make fun of the estimate of the cost to clean up the mess, I have no problem so long as they also condemn the people that made it with the same enthusiasm. I don't know what the cost to clean up the mess of if there was even any damage. I do know that they clean up the mess and reapair any damage as efficiently and as cost effective as possible.

I must say if you laugh and scoff at such behavior at someone else's doorway then you can't complain if they laugh and scoff if it happens at your doorway. I have no respect for that church if you want to call it that that protests military funerals or anybody's funeral for that matter. I have no respect for those who refuse to say the Pledge or burn the flag. They are free to do such things not only as their Constitutional right but it gives all to wee what they stand for and that is just important.

Condemn the behavior of those who made such a mess and ridicule those who made the estimate if you know for a fact it is high. Then you would not have heard me say a word.
    Good post. DNF is a middle of the roader whose condemnation only seems to land on the right side of the road. Most of us will at least stand up and say we are lefties or righties and damn proud of it. But I am wary of those who try to play both sides (like Obama did for most of his career by voting "present" or not voting at all on many issues).
    Bill Davis

How about telling me what name I called you. I'm curious. You show me where I call you a name and I will be glad to apologize.
    If you first will please tell me where I said YOU called me a name. I didn't say you called me anything. I pointed out that I didn't call any names. Since others accuse me regularly of that, I try to point out in my posts that I'm not doing that. Don't take it so personal.

I'm still trying to figure out what the proprietary issues with my office have to do with the trumped up damage claims in WI?? I'll be happy to answer if you explain that. Or that I don't understand having things stolen??
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I apologize for the phrase "calling you names". I read too quickly or maybe I just have dementia. I should where did I level personal attacks toward you. That is the question I should have asked.
    I don't know how to highlight only the relevant part of your post but it was the sentence where you said I was on the same level as those that only could level personal attacks.

You conviently ignored the last part of my post. Wonder why???

I apologize for the phrase "calling you names". I read too quickly or maybe I just have dementia. I should where did I level personal attacks toward you. That is the question I should have asked.
    I don't know how to highlight only the relevant part of your post but it was the sentence where you said I was on the same level as those that only could level personal attacks.

You conviently ignored the last part of my post. Wonder why???
    Not at all.

I was discussing what I believe to be trumped up damage estimates, as have a few others here, when all the sudden I was told I probably wouldn't understand having something of mine stolen because I don't own my own office???

Not sure what my practice's building situation has to do with comments about the WI statehouse?? I've had things stolen before too. So I guess I just don't understand why you chose to go personal with the discussion? But it is a similar tack that basically three others commonly employ, who rarely have substantive comments. Although we often disagree, I find your comments interesting and well thought out, and enjoy reading them.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This forum would be so nice if we would all put one person on IGNORE. For someone so educated he is so childish. Don't take the bait! You can't win! He'll always have the last word. Need further convincing? Read this...

Never Argue With A Fool Ė They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Do you feel like every time you get involved in an argument, you have got to win? If you know that someone is wrong, and you have a solution, do you feel like, youíve to argue with them until they embrace your point? You can try, but if the person youíre arguing with is a fool, you will be hitting your head against a rock! It wonít work.
    You donít need to win an argument. If someone doesnít want to listen to you, leave them be. If you tell them your point, and they donít want to listen, keep quiet and let it go! I admit there are some who need a little convincing to get your point, but there are those who are simply fools, who take pride in arguing; believing they are always right. Donít waste your time with those.
    Iíll admit, there are some arguments that are constructive, when both parties are seeking a solution. Those kinds of arguments are rewarding. Both parties will be helping each other to come out with a better solution. But, in most cases, people argue for the sake of arguing. Arguing for the sake of arguing, is a waste of time.
    There are people in this world you just need to ignore if they behave or act in a foolish manner. They take pride in making other people angry. They enjoy winning arguments no matter how wrong or ignorant they might be. Some of them know which buttons to press to get you angry, and if you decide to argue with them, youíll be heading towards their trap.
    Fools like to see you getting angry, swearing, speaking negative words or getting involved in a fight with them. They do what they do fully aware that theyíre tickling you to get upset. Trying to argue with those guys, thinking they might get your point or understand how you do things, will not work. Donít try to prove anything to them. Your only solution is to watch, listen, observe and keep your mouth shut.
    If you feel tempted to answer to a fool, donít do it. Ignore them, even if you feel like screaming to them. Your silence will prevent you from converting to their cult of foolishness. If you argue with a fool, youíll become a fool just like them, and youíll make a fool of yourself!
    Some people, you just have to let them be. Let them behave the way they do, let them say whatever they want to say against you, let them go behind your back and say all those lies about you. You donít need to fight them. Thatís exactly what they will be looking for from you. Donít even go around trying to justify yourself to the world about your innocence. Leave it like that.
    IT IS BEST TO BE THOUGHT A FOOLÖ.THEN SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBTÖÖ
    Learn a great habit of keeping your mouth shut whenever a fool is in front of you. Let them do the talking, and you do the ignoring!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Not at all.

I was discussing what I believe to be trumped up damage estimates, as have a few others here, when all the sudden I was told I probably wouldn't understand having something of mine stolen because I don't own my own office???

Not sure what my practice's building situation has to do with comments about the WI statehouse?? I've had things stolen before too. So I guess I just don't understand why you chose to go personal with the discussion? But it is a similar tack that basically three others commonly employ, who rarely have substantive comments. Although we often disagree, I find your comments interesting and well thought out, and enjoy reading them.
    You still ignore the last sentence of my post. Let me try again. DO YOU CONDENM THOSE WHO LEFT SUCH A MESS ON PROPERTY THAT THEY DO NOT OWN AS YOU DO THOSE THAT MAY HAVE OVERESTIMATED THE DAMAGE OR NOT?

I also have no problem stating that if someone deliberately overestimated the costs incurred and did it to attempt to magnify the severity of their destructive behavior, then they should be fired if they work for the state.

You still ignore the last sentence of my post. Let me try again. DO YOU CONDENM THOSE WHO LEFT SUCH A MESS ON PROPERTY THAT THEY DO NOT OWN AS YOU DO THOSE THAT MAY HAVE OVERESTIMATED THE DAMAGE OR NOT?

I also have no problem stating that if someone deliberately overestimated the costs incurred and did it to attempt to magnify the severity of their destructive behavior, then they should be fired if they work for the state.
    dnf has argued with just about everyone here.

Once he was here alone and argued with himself for 3 hours and still lost!

And then tattled...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Of course I do. I didn't realize that was what you were referring to. I would hope ALL of us on RTF, being outdoorsmen to varying degrees, were all taught to leave a place neater than how you find it, even gov't buildings. And remember, it only takes a small minority to tarnish the image of the whole.

I hope that answers your question, and maybe even find a little common ground.

ps...you can see two of the immature posters who offer nothing but personal attacks above.....THOSE were who I was referring to in my comment....not YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    dnf has argued with just about everyone here.

Once he was here alone and argued with himself for 3 hours and still lost!

And then tattled...........

RK
    I know I'm hardheaded. I guess I'm just haaving another brainfart. Just counting the questions that go unanswered. I think there are about three on the threads today alone. I'm not going to hold my breath for a response.

Had I held it for the previous questions I have asked, i probably would have made some on this forum happy. but I must say I don't hope they hold THEIR breath