The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: $7.5 Million in Damage

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    The trouble with a lot of Doctors thinking that they know everything is that,
    I guess, they think they have no more room to store info. Anyway they don't make much effort at times. "If it ain't in that text book it ain't correct". I think the ex BIL finally learned that other people sometimes knew things he didn't know. God Bless him he is sick now.
    Your post really mde me smile. Being a dentist, I used to laugh at patients(I don't mean this in a derogatory or arrogant sense), when they would ask a question and wait so attentively for my words of wisdom. My response many times was "I wish we were half as smart as we think we are and one tenth as smart as you think we are Make sense?

I'm just sitting back laughing! Will someone please take the shovel from DNF's hands?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as my darling SIL MaryKent always reminds my brother Clint : " ...just because you're a doctor, doesnt mean you know everything..." which is usually followed by a deafening silence...love that gal
    Bon, that was just my poor attemt to use an old Star Trek line!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Your post really mde me smile. Being a dentist, I used to laugh at patients(I don't mean this in a derogatory or arrogant sense), when they would ask a question and wait so attentively for my words of wisdom. My response many times was "I wish we were half as smart as we think we are and one tenth as smart as you think we are Make sense?
    Good post. Good way to say it

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Bon, that was just my poor attemt to use an old Star Trek line!
    My favorite Dr McCoy line : " damnit, I don't need a doctor...I am a Doctor"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    All the libs are minimizing the damage reports as if it is nothing. If it was a tea party rally and there was $5 worth of damage you guys would be the first ones screaming bloody murder about the lack of respect. But you know when the tea party rallies, they don't leave garbage behind, they pick it up. See the photos below comparing Obamas inaugarul to the tea party rally on the National Mall.

Say, isn't that the Washington Monument in the background????? I didn't know they moved it to Madison, Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Say, isn't that the Washington Monument in the background????? I didn't know they moved it to Madison, Wisconsin.
    I identified the photos as the National Mall dipstick...comparing libs and their trash to tea party and no trash...
    Bill Davis

Interesting how some are willing to dismiss boorish behavior if it is one with their worldview. Maybe that's why many landowners make their proerty off limits .

For one of the Spring Trials on this circuit, we camp in a campgound under DOI jurisdiction. It makes one feel good about some in this sport when the caretaker says he loves to see us come, we always leave the place cleaner than when we arrive .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    First of all, I don't condone vandalism or violence in any form. Second, I doubt the 7.5 million estimate, more likely just RWE propaganda, just like the palm-tree lined video of "violent protesters" we saw. Third, while not diminishing any actual damage that was done, I'm still more concerned about the families that will have their standard of living lowered despite a willingness to work for their piece of the American dream, and the kids who will be denied the same opportunity that all of us on POTUS were given, and made good with. Perhaps the governor shouldn't have launched an anti-family, anti-american campaign, and this "damage" wouldn't have occurred either?
    What are you talking about let the taxer pay for everything while a few can have the American Dream. Hes doing so our kids wont be burden with 3.6 billion dollar short fall .BTW way your comment on the congress woman was about as classless as i ever seen!!!!! Know wonder they call you little Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Interesting how some are willing to dismiss boorish behavior if it is one with their worldview. Maybe that's why many landowners make their proerty off limits .

For one of the Spring Trials on this circuit, we camp in a campgound under DOI jurisdiction. It makes one feel good about some in this sport when the caretaker says he loves to see us come, we always leave the place cleaner than when we arrive .
    Unfortunately farmers today really have no choice but to post their land. I want my land cared for as I care for it and above all DON'T MAKE MY NEIGHBORS MAD.
    The spring HRC 2010 Grand wass held close to my farm and a local pro trainer asked if some of his friends could train there during the Grand. Scott Greer looked after everything since I don't live there and everything went well.

It amazes me that someone would shoot someone over words but would not respect others' property. If you ever come to West Tennessee you can camp there anytime. I have electric service (no water for now) and a homemade septic tank. You are welcome