The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: $7.5 Million in Damage

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    If someone destroys PROPERTY THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO THEM just for the hell of it then in my book THEY ARE TRASH. I am not ever going to quibble about the amount, EVER. Let me give you another example. It matters not that someone stole a penny, a piece of candy, or 100 billion dallars. HE(SHE) IS STILL A THIEF. I will never laugh about the amount no matter what it is. IT DID NOT BELONG TO THEM. That is my point.
    I understand your point, but mine is, I don't believe the story. I don't think tape damaged the marble. I grew up in a house with marble table tops and a marble fireplace hearth. As kids, we did a lot more to them than put tape on them, and we didn't damage them. In fact, my mother still has some of the tables in her basement now. The story just doesn't make sense. That's my point.

$200 million for a trip to India, $7.5 million for marble cleanup. What this shows is that people in the media jump on something with no sniff test or investigation whatsoever. And then the right and left debate it to defend their side as if it is the gospel truth. C'mon people, these reporters are deficient in math skills because the union teacher who taught them was an English major!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    I'm just sitting back laughing! Will someone please take the shovel from DNF's hands?
    The last word. Wait for it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I love this place!
    Predictable as a two-headed penny!

Just saw Nicola Benedetti with the Pittsburgh symphony and drinks afterwards, and wifey was the hottest babe on the town!.....doesn't get any better!

Have a good weekend all.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    The last word. Wait for it.
    Took 10 minutes.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    $200 million for a trip to India, $7.5 million for marble cleanup. What this shows is that people in the media jump on something with no sniff test or investigation whatsoever. And then the right and left debate it to defend their side as if it is the gospel truth. C'mon people, these reporters are deficient in math skills because the union teacher who taught them was an English major!
    Who is defending the left here. All I see is the righties complaining and the others here not taking the figures seriously. Does anyone believe scotch tape can cause $7.5 million in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Who is defending the left here. All I see is the righties complaining and the others here not taking the figures seriously. Does anyone believe scotch tape can cause $7.5 million in damage.
    Accusing "scotch tape" of causing the damage is like accussing forks for causing Oprah to be fat!!

The PROTESTORS caused the damage Roger.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Accusing "scotch tape" of causing the damage is like accussing forks for causing Oprah to be fat!!

The PROTESTORS caused the damage Roger.

RK
    RK, this was taken from the article you posted with the OP:

Madison - State officials said Thursday that damage to the marble inside and out the State Capitol would cost an estimated $7.5 million.

Cari Anne Renlund, chief legal counsel for the state Department of Administration, said in Dane County court that estimates of damage to marble includes $6 million to repair damaged marble inside the Capitol, $1 million for damage outside and $500,000 for costs to supervise the damage.

Much of the damage apparently has come from tape used to put up signs and placards at the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    RK, this was taken from the article you posted with the OP:

Madison - State officials said Thursday that damage to the marble inside and out the State Capitol would cost an estimated $7.5 million.

Cari Anne Renlund, chief legal counsel for the state Department of Administration, said in Dane County court that estimates of damage to marble includes $6 million to repair damaged marble inside the Capitol, $1 million for damage outside and $500,000 for costs to supervise the damage.

Much of the damage apparently has come from tape used to put up signs and placards at the Capitol.

Roger.....someone put the tape on the walls.
    The tape didn't climb up the wall by itself.

Get it???

Of course not.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Roger.....someone put the tape on the walls.
    The tape didn't climb up the wall by itself.

Get it???

Of course not.

RK
    RK, as Blackstone said, a little mineral spirits would take the residue off of the walls. I will gladly do the work myself for half the price but Paul underbid me.