The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honor Code?

Default Honor Code?

BYU was ranked 4th in the nation, looked to be a #1 seed in the Big Dance, & suspend (for having sex) their star center for the rest of the season. They immediately look very common in their next outing & might not even get a bid.

What say you?

He should have gone to Auburn, they'd have looked the other way & convinced the NCAA to do same, is'nt that what SEC schools do? But BYU has an honor code & expects their student athletes (regardless of prowess) to live up to it .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

He knew it before he committed the "crime".

So, he needs to do the time.

WRL

"Follow a "code"? But I thought you said "follow a Kobe"!

Maybe that why we don't see the service academies at the Big Dance?
    A "honor code" is so much like "a government of the past", you can't "win the future" with that!
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    He knew it before he committed the "crime".

WRL
    Not really a crime more like an assault with a blunt object!!!! But you're right, you know the schools rules going in. What I want to know is who policies this rule? Do other students snitch on one another? Seems like that would create a strange dynamic in the student body.

Glad I went to ASU!

Rich

I'm sure that ruling did wonders for next years recruiting class!!!!
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

I hope that we are all not naiive enough to think that BYU alumnists like Ty Detmer, Steve Young, Danny Ainge, Johnny Miller and Jim McMahon were all celibate like monks during their tenure at the university..

Utah gals are very smart....I went to a minor league baseball game in Salt Lake City one summer after dog training..the team was the AAA affiliate for the California Angels, the number of eligible future major league millionaires were there for the choosing..there were a bevy of females sitting behind the Angels bench with programs in their hands very well aware of who were in line to get called up to the major leagues...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    BYU was ranked 4th in the nation, looked to be a #1 seed in the Big Dance, & suspend (for having sex) their star center for the rest of the season. They immediately look very common in their next outing & might not even get a bid.

What say you?

He should have gone to Auburn, they'd have looked the other way & convinced the NCAA to do same, is'nt that what SEC schools do? But BYU has an honor code & expects their student athletes (regardless of prowess) to live up to it .
    Hell, Auburn would have set him up with a harem.

Two college grads were sitting in a bar talking. One said to the other "only football players and whores go to Auburn." The second grad said "my wife went to Auburn" and the first said "what position did she play"
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 03-05-2011 at 05:24 AM.

What say you?

Marv, being jealous of the SEC is not healthy. Just because they are heads and shoulders better in Football than any other conferece is no reason to get yourself so worked up over them. Last time I checked, the NCAA governs most of college Football.

Yes, we all know the BYU students are abstaining from sex. With a school that Draconian, I hate to see what goes on behind closed doors. I would think a much higher incident of boy on boy/girl on girl kind of sex. Those are he things that happen in a repressive society/school. If they think they can stop young adults from having hetro sex then they aren't as smart as I thought they were.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-05-2011 at 06:11 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

What say you?

BYU has an agreement detailing all the rules and what the consequences are for violating these rules.

It is a contract that one MUST sign before accepting the scholarship.

He signed his name and didn't live up to his word.

I am learning things such as "honor," "respect," "duty" and living up to your word mean little to many who post here.
    But at BYU it does indeed still mean something.

Snicker, laugh, make fun all you want of things you don't understand.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    BYU has an agreement detailing all the rules and what the consequences are for violating these rules.

It is a contract that one MUST sign before accepting the scholarship.

He signed his name and didn't live up to his word.

I am learning things such as "honor," "respect," "duty" and living up to your word mean little to many who post here.
    But at BYU it does indeed still mean something.

Snicker, laugh, make fun all you want of things you don't understand.

stan b
    Unrealistic requirments of young, healthy red-blooded coeds is why they never work. I'm sure if they really looked around they would discover this isn't an isolated case.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.