The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another BIG Victory for Obama!!!!!

Road kill, why did you take DNF off of IGNORE? You must really be a glutton for punishment. If it wasn't for people quoting him it would be like he went away, which would be the best thing for this forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Already talked about this one. But if you say how you feel about Boehner taking in 120 rounds of golf last year, I'll repeat what I think of Obama's handling of Gitmo.

Deal?
    Well lets see, there are 52 weeks in a year and each weekend has 2 days. So that makes 104 weekend days. That of course does not include any holidays. There 10 plus holidays so that makes at least 114 possible days to play golf (not including any "misc" holidays).

There is one Gitmo......Obama talked about shutting down 1 Gitmo. There is still 1 Gitmo open.

So, do you think the two examples are equal? I am pretty sure that Obama is batting ZERO on closing Gitmo.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Well lets see, there are 52 weeks in a year and each weekend has 2 days. So that makes 104 weekend days. That of course does not include any holidays. There 10 plus holidays so that makes at least 114 possible days to play golf (not including any "misc" holidays).

There is one Gitmo......Obama talked about shutting down 1 Gitmo. There is still 1 Gitmo open.

So, do you think the two examples are equal? I am pretty sure that Obama is batting ZERO on closing Gitmo.

WRL
    OUCH! .
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post

WRL
    All that's fine and true. And I'm pissed at Obama for not closing it down. Like I said, the reason he was down in the polls, was mainly for his continuation of Bush policies. No? War in A-stan? Gitmo? Tax cuts for wealthiest corporations? Wiretapping private citizens w/o warrants?

Guess who's babies those all are! And Obama adopted every one of them!

The reference to Boehner was not meant to be a direct comparison. It was brought up here to see if someone who was irked at Obama for playing a round of golf, was ALSO applying the same standard to a republican, who played not a few, but 120 rounds. No comparison asked for, just a comment about how appropriate it was. That's all.

Now, I freely and loudly admit that I'm pissed at Obama for screwing up.
    Can ANYONE from the right admit that Boehner has ever done wrong? That maybe 120 rounds of golf seems a little excessive for someone supposedly on the public payroll? Especially when congress can't balance a checkbook??

Just curious.
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-09-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    tell me why...
    9/11 !!!! With this floundering fool on top who knows what he will do. Give them all a slap on the wrist and let them go. I say if he wanted to close gitmo fine but make sure the occupants not be around any more. If you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hey, Dr, Genius, did Boehner run on a campaign promise about golf???

Did Obama run on a campaign promise about Gitmo??

See the difference???

I didn't think so!!!!!

RK
    Legitimate complaint about Speaker Boehner. If he was going to play golf, the least he cold do is take the President with him. Getting him away from the oval officeand away from the business of the government would deserve a metal

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Here is why, when he posts something like this;

It's fun to taunt him.

Because if he is as smart as he claims, he knows the folly of this post....and if he doesn't....well.....it's my duty to teach him!!!!!

RK
    Yes! Taunting is FUN!!!

You should have seen two full grown men get their ovaries in a twist over being asked to support a wild-arse claim of teachers being the highest paid in the country when they couldn't.........an another for playing on a tax-payer supported welfare computer, eating gov't nachos, complaining about government handouts while enjoying HIS, instead of looking for a job!!!

Now THAT was fun!!
    Hey, there's enough to go around for everyone!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Yes! Taunting is FUN!!!

You should have seen two full grown men get their ovaries in a twist over being asked to support a wild-arse claim of teachers being the highest paid in the country when they couldn't.........an another for playing on a tax-payer supported welfare computer, eating gov't nachos, complaining about government handouts while enjoying HIS, instead of looking for a job!!!

Now THAT was fun!!
    WOW Dave! It seems to me that you would be the LAST person kicking someone for being on "assistance" for whatever when your family was on it. Wasn't it while you were going to school?

WRL

Yes! Taunting is FUN!!!

Now THAT was fun!!
    I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................

RK__________________
    Stan b & Elvis

Like I said, the reason he was down in the polls, was mainly for his continuation of Bush policies. No? War in A-stan? Gitmo? Tax cuts for wealthiest corporations? Wiretapping private citizens w/o warrants?

Guess who's babies those all are! And Obama adopted every one of them!
    I guess this would mean that O either
    1) Knew that the promises he was making would not be kept; OR
    2) Was ignorant of what it would take to keep the promises.

Either way ... politics as usual.

Dave! It seems to me that you would be the LAST person kicking someone for being on "assistance" for whatever when your family was on it. Wasn't it while you were going to school?
    Low blow there. I think that Dave is the perfect example of what public assistance should accomplish: giving a hand up so that the recipient will become a responsible contributor to the society ... not a permanent lifestyle.

My sense would be that Dave has long ago repaid, with interest, his "debt" through paying his fair share of taxes. Additionally, he served his country.

We would be very fortunate if every able-bodied person who received public assistance ended up like Dave. There'd be fewer people on public assistance, and more taxpayers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.