The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another BIG Victory for Obama!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Can ANYONE from the right admit that Boehner has ever done wrong?
    Just curious.
    Yes. He is wasting the mandate that The People gave him and the Repubs.
    We owe 200 Billion a year on the interest on the debt alone.
    4 - 6 Billion in Demo Rat "cuts" are a sad joke.
    Even at 60 B in cuts we still have to borrow money just to pay the interest.
    Is that really so hard to explain to the American people?
    If he can't then we need someone who can.
    Instead we hear - "Well this isn't really a Republican budget..."

We are running out of time.
    Rapidly.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Low blow there. I think that Dave is the perfect example of what public assistance should accomplish: giving a hand up so that the recipient will become a responsible contributor to the society ... not a permanent lifestyle.

My sense would be that Dave has long ago repaid, with interest, his "debt" through paying his fair share of taxes. Additionally, he served his country.

We would be very fortunate if every able-bodied person who received public assistance ended up like Dave. There'd be fewer people on public assistance, and more taxpayers.

How is that a low blow? He calls someone on the carpet for "receiving gov't assistance" when his family has also received assistance? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black there.

I have no idea the circumstances of the individual that he "calls out" and I doubt he does either.

As far as Dave "serving his country", well that's great but a great many people have done that including my son and brother. Oh yeah, my brother did 30 years.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    WOW Dave! It seems to me that you would be the LAST person kicking someone for being on "assistance" for whatever when your family was on it. Wasn't it while you were going to school?

WRL
    I am the last person, as you mention. But I make an exception when someone is on relief (ie mine and YOUR tax dollars going into his pocket) and then bashes someone else for what they do at their job! He was called to the carpet for his behavior, not for being on relief. Big difference. Gov't assistance comes in many forms, and I don't begrudge anyone for taking advantage of it, as long as they're carrying their own weight and are a net-positive on society.

Yes, my family was on WIC for one year. It is a great program that helps those in need. I am grateful that it was there when we needed it, and want to make sure its there for others who need it as well. I am not one bit ashamed that we used it. It helped enable us to stay in school, and make a better future for our family and others.
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

I am the last person, as you mention. But I make an exception when someone is on relief (ie mine and YOUR tax dollars going into his pocket) and then bashes someone else for what they do at their job! He was called to the carpet for his behavior, not for being on relief. Big difference. Gov't assistance comes in many forms, and I don't begrudge anyone for taking advantage of it, as long as they're carrying their own weight and are a net-positive on society.

Yes, my family was on WIC for one year. It is a great program that helps those in need. I am grateful that it was there when we needed it, and want to make sure its there for others who need it as well. I am not one bit ashamed that we used it. It helped enable us to stay in school, and make a better future for our family and others.
    And that is what it is for, to help out.

I don't know the circumstances that the other person is collecting money from, and frankly its not my business but I doubt you do either. So its a little uncalled for to call him out for using gov't assistance when YOU have used it.

THAT"S a low blow. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

WRL

"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

You should be the last person here to "call someone on the carpet" for their behavior.

That is classic.

Too many burned bridges partner.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-10-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

You should be the last person here to "call someone on the carpet" for their behavior.

That is classic.

Too many burned bridges partner.

RK
    LMAO!!!

You said its fun to taunt! Well Buddy, the shoe's on the other foot!

After the insults, and personal attacks he threw at me, I have no tears for him! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! (is that how you spell it?)

WRL: Sandy's back on ignore for me, so I'll stop the bickering. But after being told I stick my head up people's butts for a living, I'm sorry, I just can't work up any crocodile tears for him. Hey, if someone can't stand the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen!

Its been fun!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

LMAO!!!

You said its fun to taunt! Well Buddy, the shoe's on the other foot!

After the insults, and personal attacks he threw at me, I have no tears for him! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! (is that how you spell it?)

WRL: Sandy's back on ignore for me, so I'll stop the bickering. But after being told I stick my head up people's butts for a living, I'm sorry, I just can't work up any crocodile tears for him. Hey, if someone can't stand the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen!

Its been fun!
    Well, you got gov't assistance, he got gov't assistance. Kind of all the same.

As far as what you do for a living, hey, you picked the field. Kind of like a lawyer complaining about lawyer jokes. Jokes were around before you became a doctor.

Why would you let it bother you what he says about what you do for a living? Somebody's got to do it.

WRL

Well, you got gov't assistance, he got gov't assistance. Kind of all the same.

As far as what you do for a living, hey, you picked the field. Kind of like a lawyer complaining about lawyer jokes. Jokes were around before you became a doctor.

Why would you let it bother you what he says about what you do for a living? Somebody's got to do it.

WRL

I'll be just fine, believe me. I don't lay awake at night wondering what sandy thinks of me!!

He shouldn't be bothered either then, about what I say? I'm just giving a little back, that's all. Some people can dish it out, but just can't take it.

He's off my radar anyway.

Have a good one. More rain here tonite. Just what we need.
    At least I can do some water retrieves in my front yard for a while.

WRL
    Guilt........
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

How is that a low blow? He calls someone on the carpet for "receiving gov't assistance" when his family has also received assistance? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black there.

I have no idea the circumstances of the individual that he "calls out" and I doubt he does either.

My sense was that he was referring to the # of rounds of golf played by a politician (Boehner) who gets plenty of perks (like the other legislators) to go along with the job ... and all of them get those perks usually for a lot longer than one year.

As far as Dave "serving his country", well that's great but a great many people have done that including my son and brother. Oh yeah, my brother did 30 years.

While at least a few have dredged up the public assistance reminder, not many will bring up the service. All of us, I think, appreciate greatly all those who have served their country, so mentioning that point was surely not meant to lessen the value of the service of any others.
    Many good minds in this group ... the chickensplt gets in the way of some really good discussions
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.