The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huckabee slams Natalie Portman for "Child out of Wedlock"

Politicians always sound goofy when they talk about entertainment media and actors/actresses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Holy Moly, Lee...you mean to say you are taking on that entire "We can smell hypocrisy in the conservative party a mile away" triumverate? Do you realize what that means? And finding something truthful will only get you reviled by that threesome. After all, they forgot more than any conservative will ever know.

And furthermore, they and their beloved messianic followers have absolutely NO hypocrites in their crowd. They are all perfect, and if you don't believe them, just ask any of them.

UB
    Well, its even in the link he provided. Funny how one or two people just piled on without even reading the original link. Kind of like before when he posted a thread and had a link that had nothing to do with the thread title.

Frankly, I do think I am an independent.

Or maybe, I am a conservative liberal or liberal conservative.

But if you are going to QUOTE that something was said by someone, I would sure make sure that is what was said and not some idiots interpretation of what was said.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by Scarr View Post
    Politicians always sound goofy when they talk about entertainment media and actors/actresses.
    and vice-versa!

I never understood why politicians or entertainers, both of whom's livelihoods depend on public sales or support, would risk alienating a large chunk of their clientele in order to proffer their opinions of the other, when that's not what they're paid to do! They have nothing to gain, and up to 50% of their fan/support base to lose. Just ask the Dixie Chicks how it worked out.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Well, its even in the link he provided. Funny how one or two people just piled on without even reading the original link. Kind of like before when he posted a thread and had a link that had nothing to do with the thread title.

Frankly, I do think I am an independent.

Or maybe, I am a conservative liberal or liberal conservative.

But if you are going to QUOTE that something was said by someone, I would sure make sure that is what was said and not some idiots interpretation of what was said.

WRL
    WRL, you are probably like a lot of conservatives me included that are fiscally conservative but morally moderate on some issues, liberal on some moral issues, and conservative on other moral issues....I see nothing wrong, with that

FTR : I am pro life, neither pro/anti gay marriage because I have a nephew and niece that are gay...and I too have a son out of wedlock...also anti marijuana legalization, but if anyone wishes to partake go enjoy yourself...

when it comes to moral issues I like to let people decide what is best for themselves, dont like to legislate morality

Now on political issues I would like to think I am staunch conservative but compared to some on this forum not as far right, but not a RINO by any means
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    .....But if you are going to QUOTE that something was said by someone, I would sure make sure that is what was said and not some idiots interpretation of what was said.

WRL

Words to live by right there.

I think.....

That Bristol girl is just like 1000s of other kids. I am happy her family loves her. She is a snapshot of our culture.

Huck is just another T.V. minister, in a long line. He may very well be a very nice feller and mean well BUT he is what he is and that is what he is.
    Preachers who try politics are not my thing.

Portman is HOT and she put a bit of work into that dance movie.
    I am happy she won and wish her the best.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Words to live by right there.

I think.....

That Bristol girl is just like 1000s of other kids. I am happy her family loves her. She is a snapshot of our culture.

Huck is just another T.V. minister, in a long line. He may very well be a very nice feller and mean well BUT he is what he is and that is what he is.
    Preachers who try politics are not my thing.

Portman is HOT and she put a bit of work into that dance movie.
    I am happy she won and wish her the best.

Did you see her acceptance speak? She's WEIRD to the 4th power......

I don't care if she has a kid out of wedlock or not. I just don't want to support it.

I used to really like her but every interview I see of her she is just flat weird.

WRL