The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFO's???

Default UFO's???

Didn't want to hijack the alien thread.......a profound religious offering.
    So I thought I would start this.

Anyone ever see a UFO????

I will share my story later.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Yeah, but I have no explaination for it and it sounds too crazy to even talk about.

Our senses are very deceiving. Open your eyes and mind and you will see. We can't sense radio, TV, cellphone signals but they're there. We just need the right receivers...

If you want to see an Identified Flying Object, look to the NW at 8:54 EST tonite, and you will see STS-133 fly over at 17,500 mph at an altitude of 233 miles.

Just watched it at 7:20 and had a beautiful show watching it streak from horizon to horizon in about 5 minutes.

At least they SAY it is the space shuttle......
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Back around 1996 we were living in Altus, Oklahoma. I had a couple of friends in town and we were going duck hunting. It was about 5:00 AM in the morning and we were hiking across the marsh when the western sky became illuminated by what appeared to be a flare falling from the sky but the flare was huge ball of flame and you could actually here it crackling/roaring as this object descended towards earth. If you imagine the night sky as a clock and 12:00 is straight up, the object slowly fell from the 12:00 position to about 3:00. The second it reached 3:00 it came to life and shot from the Western Hemisphere to eastern horizon leaving a giant vapor trail behind followed by a huge sonic bomb!!!!! The four of us stared slack jaw for several minutes trying to figure what in the heck we had just witnessed. Finally someone spoke and said “What in the *!@&! was that!” I said “it was either a UFO or World War III has just begun; either way we should go Duck Hunting.”

We shot ducks that morning and in between flights we speculated on what we had seen. We all concluded we had seen a UFO!!!!! When I got home that afternoon I excitedly told my wife in great detail what we had seen and that I thought it was a UFO. I also told her I thought we should call someone (Law Enforcement, local Press, etc.,etc.) My wife being the sweetheart she is, said “Honey, I believe you but let’s stop and think about this a minute. You have four guys in Oklahoma, in camouflage, out in a swamp @ 4:00 AM and they think they’ve seen a UFO!” “How do you think that’s going to look to the rest of the world???” I thought about this for several minutes and then thanked her and told her she was right I shouldn’t tell anyone about this ever. Relieved, she said she was going to the store and I decided I would take a nap. I turned on the TV for a little back ground noise and started to drift off when I heard the local news guy come on give the 12:00 update. The last thing I heard was “And in today’s news, the Space Shuttle Discovery reentered the earth’s atmosphere at 5:00 AM this morning and successfully touched down at Kennedy Space Center”. A smile crept across my face and then I was out like a light!

Area 51 Regards,

Rich
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

I have seen several things over the years in the sky that I could not identify, if that is a UFO so be it. But, what I am positive of, not one was a space craft from another planet. We are not going anywhere and nobody and nothing is coming here. This is our planet. This planet or solar system is the only place humans will ever live or visit. No advanced alien life forms will ever visit here.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I have seen several things over the years in the sky that I could not identify, if that is a UFO so be it. But, what I am positive of, not one was a space craft from another planet. We are not going anywhere and nobody and nothing is coming here. This is our planet. This planet or solar system is the only place humans will ever live or visit. No advanced alien life forms will ever visit here.
    OMG...for the second time lately, I agree with Joe. What's the temperature in Hell? Melting or freezing?

Likewise chuckling regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    In 1974 I was in the USCG stationed in Kenosha WI.
    WE received several calls from people and the KPD regarding lights in the sky.
    AS was our duty, we had to assume they may have been distress flares so we got underway.
    The blue light was on.
    About 1.5 miles out on lake Michigan we saw the lights.
    They were os multiple colors (green blue silver) sort of revolving and stationary.
    AS we went towards the light, it moved towards us.
    We then shut the blue light off and this thing began to move very quickly.

At this point we were receiving ID by pilots going into O'Hare in Chicago.

These lights split into 2 lights.
    1 of them then proceeded to head inland at a rate of speed that exceeded what our tools could measure.
    (over 1,000 mph)

Then the 2nd light headed east, same speed off the charts.

AS was procedure, we wrote a sortie report and filed it with Group Milwaukee & the 9th CG district in Cleveland.
    The next day we received a direct message telling us not to talk to the media and that we "didn't see anything, we didn't hear anything, it was a flare."

The Exec Officer was pissed.
    He called us in and got on the phone with Cleveland.
    Told them "my boys saw something and G'dammit I wanna know what it was!!!"
    He got real quiet.
    He hung up the phone.
    He then told us......."you didn't see anything, you didn't hear anything.....it was a flare."

End of story!!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I know an RTFer that was once hijacked by an alien barmaid for 30 minutes. Does that count?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    When I got home that afternoon I excitedly told my wife in great detail what we had seen and that I thought it was a UFO. I also told her I thought we should call someone (Law Enforcement, local Press, etc.,etc.) My wife being the sweetheart she is, said “Honey, I believe you but let’s stop and think about this a minute. You have four guys in Oklahoma, in camouflage, out in a swamp @ 4:00 AM and they think they’ve seen a UFO!” “How do you think that’s going to look to the rest of the world???” I thought about this for several minutes and then thanked her and told her she was right I shouldn’t tell anyone about this ever.
    LOL. Funny story.

Most shuttles fly right over where I live on landing and the twin sonic booms are LOUD. On more than one occasion I've sprung out of bed at night/early morning with 1911 in hand to fend off the Crips or al Qaeda attacking my house with shotguns only to have my wife quietly tell me, "Psst....it's the shuttle, dummy." Another time I was in a tree stand about 40 miles from the runway when a very still early morning calm was interrupted by another deer hunter taking two shots at me from close distance with his shotgun. Had to defribulate (sp) myself like the fat "daaaaaa Bearsh" fans in the old SNL skits..

The shuttles have taken 10 years off my life. Good riddance, I say.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.