The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM's to me concerning dental healthcare

Default PM's to me concerning dental healthcare

I have been getting PM's in an attempt to discuss dentistry as a part of health care. I have always wanted to respect another's confidientiality but using PM's in order to hide their criticisms is in my opinion an abuse of PM's.

Today, I received this PM. I have left out one phrase which might identify the sender but in no way changes the context of the PM.

"A young woman had a mouthful of rotten teeth and abscesses. Says none of the dentists in town will see her. Her family DOCTOR has been taking care of her teeth?? My wife got two similar calls in the middle of the night to take care of teeth,l While the dentists were sound asleep in their cozy beds. What's up with that? Where's the emergency care? I hope this is an anomaly, as I'm very disappointed with the professionalism(lack thereof) of dentistry in this area."

Let it be known that I have no problem discussing the dental profession having been in dentistry for 35 years. I do not hide who I am or where I live nor my history of dental practice and where I practiced.

Anybody who wants to discuss this question or an other question about dentistry, I will be happy to try and answer it, so long as they make themselves known and above board.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I have been getting PM's in an attempt to discuss dentistry as a part of health care. I have always wanted to respect another's confidientiality but using PM's in order to hide their criticisms is in my opinion an abuse of PM's.

Today, I received this PM. I have left out one phrase which might identify the sender but in no way changes the context of the PM.

"A young woman had a mouthful of rotten teeth and abscesses. Says none of the dentists in town will see her. Her family DOCTOR has been taking care of her teeth?? My wife got two similar calls in the middle of the night to take care of teeth,l While the dentists were sound asleep in their cozy beds. What's up with that? Where's the emergency care? I hope this is an anomaly, as I'm very disappointed with the professionalism(lack thereof) of dentistry in this area."

Let it be known that I have no problem discussing the dental profession having been in dentistry for 35 years. I do not hide who I am or where I live nor my history of dental practice and where I practiced.

Anybody who wants to discuss this question or an other question about dentistry, I will be happy to try and answer it, so long as they make themselves known and above board.

The only "lack of professionalism" would be with the DR that would have sent a pm like this kind of communication on a Retriever Training Forum."

Even in the POTUS section this is clearly not the time nor the place for this PRIVATE issue to be discussed.

One can only guess what the motivation truly is.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I have no problem with you airing that PM.
    It was from me, in case you wanted that distributed too.
    I sent that PM as to not embarass your profession, that is not the goal.
    I was wondering what if any Hippocratic Oath dentists take, and do they provide any charity work for the poor? We can't seem to find any dental care here that's not cash in advance.

Please honor your word, as in your last comment, and discuss this if you "will be happy to try and answer it".

Please go PM if you'd like. I didn't mean to clutter the forum with this, rather you chose to. I generally don't say anything in PMs I wouldn't say pubically.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The only "lack of professionalism" would be with the DR that would have this kind of communication on a Retriever Training Forum."

Even in the POTUS section this is clearly not the time nor the place for this PRIVATE issue to be discussed.

stan b
    If it was improper to post this as a thread, i apologize. I just did not know how else to ahndle it. I will remove the thread if it is improper.
    This is either the 1st or maybe the 2nd thread I have started. I as a rule don't start them.

The only "lack of professionalism" would be with the DR that would have this kind of communication on a Retriever Training Forum."

stan b
    First of all, no patient information was given, this was a generic example.
    Second, I did not post it on a public forum. I sent it PM (P stands for private)Cary did. And I agree with you that it was unprofessional. Maybe he can address that also.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

If it was improper to post this as a thread, i apologize. I just did not know how else to ahndle it. I will remove the thread if it is improper.
    This is either the 1st or maybe the 2nd thread I have started. I as a rule don't start them.
    I asked a legit question. Why didn't you just answer it with a PM reply?

My post was not directed towards you.
    I warned you what would happen with this guy.
    Here is the proof.
    There are no depths he won't go to.
    You can't compete with him there.
    That's why he is an island.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I asked a legit question. Why didn't you just answer it with a PM reply?
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    .. any Hippocratic Oath dentists take, and do they provide any charity work for the poor? We can't seem to find any dental care here that's not cash in advance.

And if somebody walked into your office on a Friday afternoon a few minutes before closing.
    And said Excuse me Dr. I have no money and no insurance and have lost my hamster.
    Would you send him down the st. to the public hospital emergency room and let you and
    your office staff go home for the weekend? Or pull out the spotlight and salad tongs and Go In?

A co-worker of mine has a wife. She is a dentist. She has worked on a couple of our dish staff free.
    I think everyone is an individual and does what they are able within their own sphere of influence.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

"I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK
    Just let it go. You got publically called out for making up stats, and couldn't back it up, and you've had a bee in your bonnet ever since. Let it go man!

If it helps, I apologize for asking for a reference to your comments. I'll just accept everything you say at face value...or ignore it....from now on.

If cary wants to discuss the topic of this thead, I'm all ears. Otherwise, done.