The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q for those that are so pro union

Default Q for those that are so pro union

Do you believe that a person should be forced to pay to have a job?
    This means do you think that a person should be forced to pay money to a union in order to have job?
    Why is that not extortion?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

A good question??
    Why should anyone "have" to pay "if" their company is union???
    That was one part of Gov. Walker's changes.
    If I normally paid $1K yr. in Union dues. Now I can choose to "NOT" pay that and put that $$ someplace else.
    Here's an idea put that $1K in your health care program or your retirement program.Then you can't say that you'll be losing that $$.
    Just a thought.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    How are the unions hurting you?
    Today they have no effect on me. However I was forced to pay union dues as a high school student. Then the union had a contract vote that they denied the information on the vote to part timers. They told us about the vote with zero time to get to the place we could vote against the deal the full time employees cut to benefit them and screw the part time work force.
    I learned when I was 16 how a union steals your money and then screws you.

This is a time of reckoning.

If the unions are so needed, we shall see.

If they are not and have been a giant scam on we, the taxpayers, your gig is up.

Walker has been given his chance.
    If he is right, unions are done, but we all win.
    If he is wrong, we are going bankrupt anyways, so at least we tried something different.

To paraphrase Einstein;
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

What are you gonna say if his plan works??

We have tried it your way for years, look where it has gotten us!!!

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

If you don't/didn't like the unions, nobody was forcing you to work there. Go get a job somewhere else then.
    Too late for sour grapes...you lost. Turn out the lights...the party's over...
    Bill Davis

Mitch did what Walker is doing several years ago. Indiana seems to be in pretty good shape financially although they all fudge the numbers in one way or another to make it look better for their administration.
    Last edited by duckheads; 03-11-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

The unions are still going to be there-they just won't be getting all those dues collected automatically. That's what there are in a tizzy about. People will now have a choice.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

If you don't/didn't like the unions, nobody was forcing you to work there. Go get a job somewhere else then.

The way I see it, these people were fighting for the unions so they must not have felt too badly about them.

The only people complaining are the people who work in the private sector and have to pay their pensions and all that jazz on their own. Boohoo, if you're feeling sorry for yourself A: go back to school, graduate with debt and work for the teachers union B: go find a union job.

All I hear is "the teachers have it so good, it's time for them to pay their way" cripes if it's so good why aren't more people doing it?
    You so miss the point. This was way back when and all I wanted was a part time job in high school. I had union dues taken from me but the union then did not inform the dues paying part timers of votes while telling the full time non student members of votes. WE were denyed a voice by the union.
    BUT they stole money from high school kids.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Do you believe that a person should be forced to pay to have a job?
    This means do you think that a person should be forced to pay money to a union in order to have job?
    Why is that not extortion?
    You have a decent point but you create a free rider issue. If you have an open shop then you have to allow for the union workers have higher wadges and benefits then non-union. This is proibited by many states in different ways ways. So workers that don't pay the union dues get to benefit from the activities of the union.

In many ways unions have gotten out of control, however, we have seen that without collective bargining companies begin striping away benefits and the distribution of income between the workers and senior managment / stockholders goes down. Over the last two decades workers share of the pie has been shrinking. More workers are temp to get around benefits...ect.. I think there are issues that Unions can help with and keep companies accountable to workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    You have a decent point but you create a free rider issue. If you have an open shop then you have to allow for the union workers have higher wadges and benefits then non-union. This is proibited by many states in different ways ways. So workers that don't pay the union dues get to benefit from the activities of the union.

In many ways unions have gotten out of control, however, we have seen that without collective bargining companies begin striping away benefits and the distribution of income between the workers and senior managment / stockholders goes down. Over the last two decades workers share of the pie has been shrinking. More workers are temp to get around benefits...ect.. I think there are issues that Unions can help with and keep companies accountable to workers.
    I don't know if you are aware of this, we are talking about public & state workers unions.
    And their "share of the p[ie" has been doing nothing but growing.
    BTW---That PIE is mine.

There is NO Company, only we weary taxpayers.
    There is NO profit to share, just the value of MY home or MY income.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-11-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis