The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Black Hole

  1. #1
    Senior Member Matt Weberpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Antigo WI
    Posts
    450

    Default Black Hole

    I hate to say it but POTUS has become a black hole for me. It brings out the worst in me, I've told myself before that I shouldn't discuss politics with people because it always ends up personal. Either I look bad or I think someone else does. That's not at all what I want out of my RTF experience. I've deleted most of my post and look forward to discussing dog training with any of you as I have alot to gain from that. Enjoy your passionate discussion over here, I'll be back on the bright side if you're looking for me
    Matt Weberpal


    Candlewood's Just In Case JH

  2. #2
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weberpal78 View Post
    I hate to say it but POTUS has become a black hole for me. It brings out the worst in me, I've told myself before that I shouldn't discuss politics with people because it always ends up personal. Either I look bad or I think someone else does. That's not at all what I want out of my RTF experience. I've deleted most of my post and look forward to discussing dog training with any of you as I have alot to gain from that. Enjoy your passionate discussion over here, I'll be back on the bright side if you're looking for me

    Good luck to you, Matt. Your Democrat legislators have taught you well. Just a suggestion as you cut and run, is there any possibility that the conservatives might have a point? Ever consider that your unending support of the union just might be misplaced? Are you so proud of how this fiasco was handled by your side, that you too are willing to fall on the sword for these thugs?

    Why are you so frightened that your talents and abilities aren't adequate enough to stand on your own laurels? Don't you ever wonder how those teachers not in a union maintain their jobs? They don't have a batch of high paid thugs determining what your value is, so you can get your neighbor to ante up more tax money, while your "dues" to the thugs keep you in a crowd determined by the lowest denominator.

    You should look into your brethern in New York. That mayor can't fire the 'rubber room' group that aren't allowed to teach because they are so inept, so he has to fire the talented teachers that are in the classrooms. Does that form of unionization make you proud of that organization? It would infuriate me to be lumped in with a batch of idiots that shouldn't have been given a 'sheepskin' in the first place...especially since they are only in that profession for the free ride...with damned little concern for the kids they are supposed to be responsible for.

    Of course you can walk away from the bombardment of criticism, but I hope you take what's happened here as a view you might ponder.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I didn't read it, but I'd bet UB just solidified weberpal's sentiments!

    Just a hunch. Maybe I should peek and see if I'm right.....
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-11-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: dang-it! Right again!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #4
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I didn't read it, but I'd bet UB just solidified weberpal's sentiments!

    Just a hunch. Maybe I should peek and see if I'm right.....
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

    Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

    By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #5
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Good luck to you, Matt. Your Democrat legislators have taught you well. Just a suggestion as you cut and run, is there any possibility that the conservatives might have a point? Ever consider that your unending support of the union just might be misplaced? Are you so proud of how this fiasco was handled by your side, that you too are willing to fall on the sword for these thugs?

    Why are you so frightened that your talents and abilities aren't adequate enough to stand on your own laurels? Don't you ever wonder how those teachers not in a union maintain their jobs? They don't have a batch of high paid thugs determining what your value is, so you can get your neighbor to ante up more tax money, while your "dues" to the thugs keep you in a crowd determined by the lowest denominator.

    You should look into your brethern in New York. That mayor can't fire the 'rubber room' group that aren't allowed to teach because they are so inept, so he has to fire the talented teachers that are in the classrooms. Does that form of unionization make you proud of that organization? It would infuriate me to be lumped in with a batch of idiots that shouldn't have been given a 'sheepskin' in the first place...especially since they are only in that profession for the free ride...with damned little concern for the kids they are supposed to be responsible for.

    Of course you can walk away from the bombardment of criticism, but I hope you take what's happened here as a view you might ponder.

    UB

    Whew! Carpal tunnel after that!

    Hey Stan, at least I comment on my opinions, and don't tell everyone what YOU should think! How many pronouns was THAT??

    You make-a me laugh!~
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-11-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #6
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Whew! Carpal tunnel after that!

    Hey Stan, at least I comment on my opinions, and don't tell everyone what YOU should think! How many pronouns was THAT??

    You make-a me laugh!~

    How original, your own idea??


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #7
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How original, your own idea??


    RK
    No. I borrowed it from you. Kinda came back and bit ya in yer own arse, didn't it?

    Here's something else I lernt from ya......the Hilary cackle:

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    Here's one from sandy:

    Now GET OFF MY INTERNET!!

    Wow. I can be a total horses patoot just by using borrowed phrases from you guys!

    ah, this is fun. Have a great weekend guys....don't take any of this personal.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  8. #8
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No. I borrowed it from you. Kinda came back and bit ya in yer own arse, didn't it?

    Here's something else I lernt from ya......the Hilary cackle:

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    Here's one from sandy:

    Now GET OFF MY INTERNET!!

    Wow. I can be a total horses patoot just by using borrowed phrases from you guys!
    ah, this is fun. Have a great weekend guys....don't take any of this personal.
    Trust me, you do not need help from us, ask anyone!!


    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

    Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

    By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"





    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-11-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    I wish he wouldn't comment on any opinions, especially his own. I think weberpal has it right. One person on this forum is so annoying that I'm about to leave also. His average post count is 9 per day, 5800 in a year and a half. How many do you think were worth reading? How many do you think were worth quoting?

    If we took a poll my bet is no one on here would come to his defense. Yet he can't take a hint and leave. He's an insult to doctors everywhere, that's for sure. Because of him I'll never look at the medical profession the same way again.
    And you say he makes everything personal...

    "coming to his defense" from the other side...regards...

  10. #10
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,616

    Default

    If people leave because of one a-hole that person will win. Don't leave and let that person gain control. Just put him on ignore.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •