The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stud dog owner "responsibilities"....??

Banned

Default Stud dog owner "responsibilities"....??

Ok so, I took one of my male Labs to the vet a couple of weeks ago. Just for some routine check up stuff.

My vet recommended at that time, that I should be uh....well, be making sure the sperm were "fresh".....in other words, I need to "empty him out" weekly or so.

However, my boy has performance anxiety and when he sees (or hears) the snap of the glove, well he isn't able to "get it up" so to speak.....

So do any of you guys with studs "keep the boys active" when they aren't getting the "real thing"? Any advice from some stud dog owners on the "performance" anxiety??

WRL

Have you tried letting him read Dog Fancy first & dressing in a nurse outfit?

Performance anxiety is a real problem for studs of all calibers. I've found that relaxing music, low lighting and seafood often provide that much needed "boost" to lessen anxiety. Perhaps milk bone scented gloves, extra soft are needed as well. I wonder if they have a seminar on how to sovle stud freshness relief anxiety? I would certainly sign up.

That's a very good question Lee,
    And of course ,the answer would be yes. Your vet brought up a very good suggestion and I am certain that it will keep your males "boy butter" in excellent condition.
    As for anxiety, I always keep a lil "girl perfume" around on a cotton swab in a tight container...dab a lil on a girl's tail and put her in there with your boy. Let simmer for about 3 -5 minutes and your boy should be in a great mood and has lowered his standards enough for a helping hand...(sorry,couldn't resist)

I get a spayed poodle bitch (silver) and play some Barry White for them.

Where is the "glove-man" from that other breeding thread when you need them? regards-
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Latex anxiety?
    I hear some studs don't care for the snap of a glove, preferring more "natural relief".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PridezionLabs View Post
    That's a very good question Lee,
    And of course ,the answer would be yes. Your vet brought up a very good suggestion and I am certain that it will keep your males "boy butter" in excellent condition.
    As for anxiety, I always keep a lil "girl perfume" around on a cotton swab in a tight container...dab a lil on a girl's tail and put her in there with your boy. Let simmer for about 3 -5 minutes and your boy should be in a great mood and has lowered his standards enough for a helping hand...(sorry,couldn't resist)
    That's awesome! Do you buy it somewhere? Or are doing your own "ode de naturel" collection?

WRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    I get a spayed poodle bitch (silver) and play some Barry White for them.

Where is the "glove-man" from that other breeding thread when you need them? regards-

How does the spayed bitch work??

WRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    Latex anxiety?
    I hear some studs don't care for the snap of a glove, preferring more "natural relief".
    Oh of course, a guy comment from the cheap seats!!

WRL

I use pussy rags. Every bitch has their own unique cologne...really. The boys all have their favorite scent of woman.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam