The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 157

Thread: Stud dog owner "responsibilities"....??

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default Stud dog owner "responsibilities"....??

    Ok so, I took one of my male Labs to the vet a couple of weeks ago. Just for some routine check up stuff.

    My vet recommended at that time, that I should be uh....well, be making sure the sperm were "fresh".....in other words, I need to "empty him out" weekly or so.

    However, my boy has performance anxiety and when he sees (or hears) the snap of the glove, well he isn't able to "get it up" so to speak.....

    So do any of you guys with studs "keep the boys active" when they aren't getting the "real thing"? Any advice from some stud dog owners on the "performance" anxiety??

    WRL

  2. #2
    Senior Member BirdNMouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Have you tried letting him read Dog Fancy first & dressing in a nurse outfit?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Pals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,684

    Default

    Performance anxiety is a real problem for studs of all calibers. I've found that relaxing music, low lighting and seafood often provide that much needed "boost" to lessen anxiety. Perhaps milk bone scented gloves, extra soft are needed as well. I wonder if they have a seminar on how to sovle stud freshness relief anxiety? I would certainly sign up.

  4. #4
    Senior Member PridezionLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    279

    Default

    That's a very good question Lee,
    And of course ,the answer would be yes. Your vet brought up a very good suggestion and I am certain that it will keep your males "boy butter" in excellent condition.
    As for anxiety, I always keep a lil "girl perfume" around on a cotton swab in a tight container...dab a lil on a girl's tail and put her in there with your boy. Let simmer for about 3 -5 minutes and your boy should be in a great mood and has lowered his standards enough for a helping hand...(sorry,couldn't resist)

  5. #5
    Senior Member JusticeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,164

    Default

    I get a spayed poodle bitch (silver) and play some Barry White for them.


    Where is the "glove-man" from that other breeding thread when you need them? regards-
    Susan

    FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member KNorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Prairieville, La
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Latex anxiety?
    I hear some studs don't care for the snap of a glove, preferring more "natural relief".

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PridezionLabs View Post
    That's a very good question Lee,
    And of course ,the answer would be yes. Your vet brought up a very good suggestion and I am certain that it will keep your males "boy butter" in excellent condition.
    As for anxiety, I always keep a lil "girl perfume" around on a cotton swab in a tight container...dab a lil on a girl's tail and put her in there with your boy. Let simmer for about 3 -5 minutes and your boy should be in a great mood and has lowered his standards enough for a helping hand...(sorry,couldn't resist)
    That's awesome! Do you buy it somewhere? Or are doing your own "ode de naturel" collection?

    WRL

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    I get a spayed poodle bitch (silver) and play some Barry White for them.


    Where is the "glove-man" from that other breeding thread when you need them? regards-

    How does the spayed bitch work??

    WRL

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    3,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    Latex anxiety?
    I hear some studs don't care for the snap of a glove, preferring more "natural relief".
    Oh of course, a guy comment from the cheap seats!!

    WRL

  10. #10
    Senior Member ErinsEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,736

    Default

    I use pussy rags. Every bitch has their own unique cologne...really. The boys all have their favorite scent of woman.
    Nancy P



    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •