The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bachmann flubs Revolutionary War geography in N.H.

Banned

Default Bachmann flubs Revolutionary War geography in N.H.

Representative from Minnesota confuses Concord, N.H., with Concord, Mass.

NASHUA, N.H. U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota stood before New Hampshire Republicans with a tea bag clutched in her hand Saturday, but her grasp on Revolutionary War geography wasn't quite as tight.
    Before headlining a GOP fundraiser, the possible presidential hopeful told a group of students and conservative activists in Manchester, "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord," according to video posted online by WMUR-TV More world news
    But those first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired in Massachusetts, not New Hampshire. Though Bachmann probably wasn't the first to confuse Concord, N.H., with Concord, Mass., her mistake was striking given her roots in the Tea Party movement, which takes its name from the dumping of tea into Boston Harbor by angry American colonists in December 1773, 16 months before the Battle of Lexington Green.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a dufus.

well, at least she knew Concord. an honest mistake.

57 states anyone?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    well, at least she knew Concord. an honest mistake.

57 states anyone?
    And only 2 more to go!!
    Bill Davis

Banned

North Korea is our ally???????????????

I am afraid to do a search for Biden flubs, it could crash the internet...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

I am afraid to do a search for Biden flubs, it could crash the internet...
    Try looking up Bushisms. You can spen the better part of the day reading them.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 03-13-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Try looking up Bushisms. You can spen the better part of the day reading them.
    and I am sure you have...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

NASHUA, N.H. U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota stood before New Hampshire Republicans with a tea bag clutched in her hand Saturday, but her grasp on Revolutionary War geography wasn't quite as tight.
    Before headlining a GOP fundraiser, the possible presidential hopeful told a group of students and conservative activists in Manchester, "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord," according to video posted online by WMUR-TV More world news
    But those first shots of the Revolutionary War were fired in Massachusetts, not New Hampshire. Though Bachmann probably wasn't the first to confuse Concord, N.H., with Concord, Mass., her mistake was striking given her roots in the Tea Party movement, which takes its name from the dumping of tea into Boston Harbor by angry American colonists in December 1773, 16 months before the Battle of Lexington Green.

talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Banned

and I am sure you have...
    I'm working on Palinisms now. I haven't gotten around to all the Bachmanisms yet.

"Here's an example of how it wastes some time. To be judged on or to be talked about on appearance—say chest size—it makes me wear layers, it makes me have to waste time figuring out what am I going to wear so that nobody will look in an area that I don't need them to look at." --Sarah Palin, Fox interview with Greta Van Susteren, June 12, 2010

Last edited by Roger Perry; 03-13-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Ms Bachman is not representative of the people of MN. She should never have been elected and is a nut case. We have better Republicans than she. I am embarrassed for her district.

Lipstick on a pig regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!