The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Solutions to Wage Disparity?

I am a right down the middle centrist. I expect a leftwing radical like you believes this is a scandal of epic proportion and a solution similar to what Lenin did is just what is needed to right this wrong. Hugo Chavez has a solution down there in Venezuela right now. He is nationalizing virtually everything. I also believe he has anointed himself Supreme Being or some such.

It appears obama thought about it but stopped short at GM, I mean government motors, and the health care industry. He still may anoint himself Supreme Being though, but he would need to get of the golf course to make some time.

The rich is the boogie man…boo

Class warfare sucks.

you ask the righties what they would do, what would you do as a lefty?

BTW, you haven’t convinced this centrist there is a problem.

Last edited by subroc; 03-16-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Great question Nate. I'm interested in the answers also. The times this country has seen its greatest prosperity also happen to coincide with some of the smaller CEO/Worker disparity periods. Our worst economic times, like now, have coincided with the largest disparity.

Redistribution of wealth is only a "good thing" when its taking wages and benefits away from working class Americans, and giving it to corporations and the elite in the form of tax breaks, which historically have NOT resulted in job creation, just wealth creation for those on the receiving end.

Let's see what the RW response is. I'm very interested to see if they think 200x pay scales for CEOs who off-shore American jobs is ok.
    Our country's greatest period of prosperty was after WW2. From 1946 - 1960, when we had half the population, 150 million and not the 300 plus million today. That accounts for most of those "poor" folks.

We were able to mfg because domestic demand for USA products was high and labor was still affordable.

USA quality began to fall in the 1960's, ie domestic autos, electronics, etc. And, foreign labor was more willing so, it went offshore.

I wouldn't blame a CEO or anyone else tring to make an honest buck as most of them do. The reality is that corporations can't afford to pay labor in the USA, unless we want to bring in more illegals.

Do you think the world's largest retailer, Walmart, could afford to make thier products here and still be competitive?
    Last edited by Franco; 03-16-2011 at 08:27 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    ...Do you think the world's largest retailer, Walmart, could afford to make thier products here and still be competitive?
    Careful Franco, just the mere mention of the name Walmart sends lefties into a foaming at the mouth frenzy screaming about unfair labor practices, the end of the mom and pop store and possibly the end of civilization itself...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I am a right down the middle centrist. I expect a leftwing radical like you believes this is a scandal of epic proportion and a solution similar to what Lenin did is just what is needed to right this wrong. Hugo Chavez has a solution down there in Venezuela right now. He is nationalizing virtually everything. I also believe he has anointed himself Supreme Being or some such.

It appears obama thought about it but stopped short at GM, I mean government motors, and the health care industry. He still may anoint himself Supreme Being though, but he would need to get of the golf course to make some time.

Class warfare sucks.

RK take note. Joe Miano identifies himself as 'centrist'. So does Dave Ferraro. Kinda leaves one in a quandry...don't it? I mean geez. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-16-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

chuckling

right down the middle!
    Last edited by subroc; 03-16-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Careful Franco, just the mere mention of the name Walmart sends lefties into a foaming at the mouth frenzy screaming about unfair labor practices, the end of the mom and pop store and possibly the end of civilization itself...
    OK

Then, lets look at GM and Chrysler compared to those suppressed overworked underpaid Asian auto workers. They've killed the UAW is making passenger autos that people will buy. Other tham heavy duty trucks, the only way Detroit can sell a vehicle is because they are cheaper to purchase. Yet, there are more import passenger vehicles(cars) on the road than domestic! What does that tell ya?

I bet Michelle and Barry were driving foreign autos when he was a Community Organgrinder.

The most worrisome is the loss of high tech jobs. Who wants to live and work in that industry in you live on the upper east caost or west coast? Municiple, State, Federal and Sales and other gov taxes ie vice, gas, bonuses tax rate, where government can keep thier hand in your pocket is what this current administration is about. If the middle class didn't have the upper class to work with, there would be no class in the USA!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-16-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

chuckling

right down the middle!
    I average somewhere near the middle...probably a little left of center. (at least by the graphic test we all took a while ago)

I am not "centrist" on many issues, rather to the left on some, and to the right on others. I prefer "independent" over "centrist", as independent implies that one is not beholden to any one brand of ideology.

Subroc, I hear and at least partially agree with your comments. No, I do not like walmart, but yes, I picked up a brick of 22s there today. I much prefer to spend my money at mom&pop stores, but the fact is, there's just not than many around anymore, and its not even the higher prices, but rather the limited inventory that turns me away often.

Thomas Freidman's The World is Flat, talks about this and presents some very interesting dilemmas for our American economy and way of life. I think with a flattening globe, (his words) it is inevitable that our standard of living will normalize somewhat lower than we're used to.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    RK take note. Joe Miano identifies himself as 'centrist'. So does Dave Ferraro. Kinda leaves one in a quandry...don't it? I mean geez. JD
    uhhhhh......NO, not really.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Class warfare sucks.

Were you saying I am a leftwing radical? Far from it. I am a moderate. I think it is funny though. When you ask a fair policy question to the far right the anwser is always "Obama Sucks". By the way everyone is already convinced of the problem. It is right in front of you. Our current recession. See the market is back and stablized. This the real economy now without a bubble to prop us up. In 2 years we will be lucky to be down to 7% unemployment with almost no wage growth.
    Last edited by Nate_C; 03-16-2011 at 08:03 PM.

all right, a well thought out answer.

I don't know or believe there is a problem. You appear to believe there is. What is your solution?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]