The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama-Our party Boy President

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    DNF,

while you didnt ask me I will give my opinion,

When Congressmen Boehner played 120 rounds of golf...he was responsible to the people of the 8th district of Ohio, they if anyone would be the one's to pitch a bitch. I do not know if they did.

When Congressmen Boehner became SOTH, his status was elevated and he is now responsible to the entire house (all rep's and people). Things should change, and his actions and responsibilites should as well.

Pres. Obama, when he was only a Senator, was only responsible to the people of Illionois and like Boehner he should have been taken to task IF he preformed in the same mannor as he does now (by the people of Illionois).

Pres. Obama is now responsible to the PEOPLE OF AMERICA...and the people of America are not happy with his HYPROCICY (sp??). His vacations, golf, lip service about what we need to do as Americans, lack of leadership as a world figure head..etc.etc. is something he needs to account for. HE NEEDS TO TAKE OWNERSHIP of his actions and not brush them off with his arogance.

NCA
    I agree with everything you said.
    I also think 120 rounds of golf is a silly way for a grown man to waste time. So is 60. Especially if its not his time to waste. He may think throwing dead ducks for a dog to retrieve is a silly way for a man to spend a saturday also, but this is just an opinion page, for people to share their opinions. Thanks for sharing yours. Maybe the others will too, eventually, once they're done calling names.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Who's dodging bullets???

Already said I think its a waste of time once...now twice.

You two are talking about Libyans and Japanese and everything else except answering a SIMPLE question. Why so?

Give it a shot...it won't hurt. I did it.
    You think golf is a waste of time.... or Obama is a waste of time???? Please clarify, as I did not see this response....... I never mentioned anything about Libya, or Japan, either...... As far as my thoughts on Boehner...... I think NorCalAngler hit the nail on the head........ I concur completely.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    You think golf is a waste of time.... or Obama is a waste of time???? Please clarify, as I did not see this response....... I never mentioned anything about Libya, or Japan, either...... As far as my thoughts on Boehner...... I think NorCalAngler hit the nail on the head........ I concur completely.
    I don't play Obama and I don't play golf, so neither is a waste of my time. You asked.

The comments revolve around the apparent double-standard that is applied to everything political. When a dem spends money, its irresponsible abuse of taxpayers money. When republicans doubled, tripled, and broke the 10 trillion debt mark, we heard next to nothing. When a dem plays golf, its wrong. When a republican plays 4x as much, its ok. When a dem approves wiretapping, its horrendous violations of privacy...when republicans do it, its a matter of national security and your unpatriotic for even questioning it!

Get my drift?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Who's dodging bullets???

Already said I think its a waste of time once...now twice.

You two are talking about Libyans and Japanese and everything else except answering a SIMPLE question. Why so?

Give it a shot...it won't hurt. I did it.
    I did it TOO...

So which two are you talking about.....

Edit.

You replied as I was typing.....
    Last edited by Nor_Cal_Angler; 03-17-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: did not see your reply...

I agree with everything you said.
    I also think 120 rounds of golf is a silly way for a grown man to waste time. So is 60. Especially if its not his time to waste. He may think throwing dead ducks for a dog to retrieve is a silly way for a man to spend a saturday also, but this is just an opinion page, for people to share their opinions. Thanks for sharing yours. Maybe the others will too, eventually, once they're done calling names.
    Oh really...I easily played 100 rounds of golf in a year, it was not a waste of time..it was my job, not all fun and games on the golf course..just because you may not like the game or understand it dont be so quick to judge
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Oh really...I easily played 100 rounds of golf in a year, it was not a waste of time..it was my job, not all fun and games on the golf course..just because you may not like the game or understand it dont be so quick to judge
    Obviously if it was your job, my comment would not apply. And BTW, I used to play, and enjoyed it. Was no good at it, but had a great time with the "beer wagers" and being outside. I was in the army at the time, at the US Army Preventive Medicine course, and played every afternoon from about 4pm to sundown on my per diem at the Ft. Sam Houston golf club. I'll let others decide if I was wasting my time and their money!
    (actually, one wasn't enough....there were TWO 18-hole courses adjacent to one another!)

For me now, its a waste of time. Like I said, some would consider wading through muck, throwing ducks all day long a waste of time too! To each his own.

Obviously if it was your job, my comment would not apply. And BTW, I used to play, and enjoyed it. Was no good at it, but had a great time with the "beer wagers" and being outside. I was in the army at the time, at the US Army Preventive Medicine course, and played every afternoon from about 4pm to sundown on my per diem at the Ft. Sam Houston golf club. I'll let others decide if I was wasting my time and their money!
    (actually, one wasn't enough....there were TWO 18-hole courses adjacent to one another!)

For me now, its a waste of time. Like I said, some would consider wading through muck, throwing ducks all day long a waste of time too! To each his own.
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Actually, I'd like to see all of those guys playing less golf & getting the budget in order.

I'd guess that, like in the private sector, Congresspeople are doing some "business" when they golf together. Truthfully, I don't know that either (public or privaate) sector accomplish more on the golf course than they would sitting in their offices. JMO. However, I don't see any mention of the POTUS golfing with anyone else. Too bad he wasn't playing with Boehner ... maybe that would actually accomplish something in some small way.

Everyone's helping to foot the bill for the salaries & benefits of both JB & BHO, so they do have a dog in the fight.

That said, surely Presidents need some time to unwind from the stress of the responsibilities of the job. OTOH, it also seems that it would be more PC of BHO to fill in his brackets privately and not have to do the ESPN gig about it. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who don't follow basketball (who might be more avid about some other sport instead).

And, yes, I think that all of these guys talk the talk of "sacrifice" but really haven't felt the pinch of the common people ... and it shows. In my business the cost of gas is VERY relevant the impact very obvious. When was the last time that the POTUS had to pay for his own gas ... over two years ago.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Obama: Our Partyboy President by Kristinn Taylor

In two short years, Barack Obama has wrested the crown for most self-indulgent president from Monica Lewinsky’s ex-boyfriend, Bill Clinton.

Clinton’s most self-indulgent moment came when when he urged Lewinsky to perform oral sex on him while he took a phone call from a Congressman. However, the November 17, 1995 incident occured in private, the Congressman did not suspect anything was amiss and it was not revealed until years later as part of the Starr investigation.

Obama’s most self-indulgent moment was broadcast on national television this week when, in the midst of numerous crises crying out for American leadership, he took time to film his picks for the NCAA basketball tournament brackets for broadcast by the ESPN sports network.

This follows a two-year string of self-indulgences by Obama since he became president that has demonstrated to the world that nothing comes before Obama’s me-time.

Most famously, Obama did not interrupt his 2009 luxury Christmas vacation in Hawaii when an Islamist terrorist tried to blow a passenger jet out of the sky over Detroit on Christmas Day. Obama could barely be moved to speak to the nation about the attack which came within a failed detonator of succeeding.

Now, with the Middle East in flames and America’s closest Asian ally teetering on collapse from the triple-whammy of a 9.0 earthquake, subsequent apocalytic tsunami and multiple nuclear power plant failures, Obama has spent his time golfing, partying with the press, fundraising, hanging out with athletes, prepping for his NCAA brackets presentation and getting ready for the Obama family taxpayer funded Spring Break trip to Rio de Janeiro this weekend.

The White House Web site proudly displays Obama’s picks for the men’s and women’s tournaments. You, the U.S. taxpayer, paid for the posting and hosting of Obama’s picks in pdf format.

The posting includes Obama’s conscience-cleansing nod to Japan in his ESPN presentation:

As he does every year, the President filled out his brackets predicting the winners of the men’s and women’s NCAA basketball tournaments, but discussing it with Doris Burke of ESPN, he began with a call to stand with the people of Japan:

One of the things I wanted to do on the show was, as people are filling out their brackets — this is obviously a national pastime; we all have a great time, it’s a great diversion. But I know a lot of people are thinking how can they help the Japanese people during this time of need. If you go to usaid.gov — usaid.gov — that will list all the nonprofits, the charities that are helping out there. It would be wonderful for people to maybe offer a little help to the Japanese people at this time — as they’re filling out their brackets. It’s not going to take a lot of time. That’s usaid.gov. It could be really helpful.

How insulting. But that’s Obama. At least he didn’t say, “As you are filling out your brackets, say a quick prayer for the Libyans I betrayed by spending more time working on my brackets than on figuring a way to depose Qaddafi without getting him replaced by radical Islamists.”

Or, “As you are filling out your brackets, try not to think about the skyrocketing price of gasoline and food. Let’s party March Madness style. Woot!”

Even the lapdog White House press corps has complained about the difficulty of providing cover for Obama on his creepy bracket presentation:

Q. And final question: Is it entirely appropriate for the President to be addressing a crisis of this gravity as he’s standing before a white board talking about a basketball tournament?

MR. CARNEY: There are crises all the time and for every President. And again, this one is happening halfway around the world, and it is severe and it is important and it is the focus of a great deal of the President’s attention — as are the events in the Middle East; as are the agenda items that he is pursuing to grow the economy and increase jobs in America, make sure we out-innovate, out-build and out-educate the competition in the 21st century. It’s a hard job that requires a lot.

It is also important — one of the things I would note that the President did in that very brief interview on ESPN and ESPN2 was ask Americans, as they were filling out their own brackets, take the time to go to usaid.gov and make donations to a variety of charitable organizations that are organizing donations to help the Japanese in this very serious situation that they find themselves in. And so, yes, I do think it was appropriate.

The Obamas have told Americans they need to cut back on vacations, business travel and spending to deal with the ongoing economic crisis. Yet the Obamas themselves have shown no sign of sacrificing anything. Michelle Obama wears clothes, shoes and accessories that cost thousands of dollars and lives a jet set lifestyle. Barack Obama has spent over 300 hours–the equivalant of seven-and-a-half 40 hour work weeks–playing 61 rounds of golf since becoming president two years ago.

In just the past few weeks, Barack Obama has hosted parties at the White House for Motown and pro basketball, attended parties with the press and has hosted several Democrat fundraisers in D.C. and around the country. All while allies and critics alike have complained about the lack of leadership by Obama on pressing national and foreign issues.

Never mind all that, Spring Break is here and surf’s up in Rio.
    Is this the best you can come up with????? You already had another thread started about President Obama playing golf and another thread on his going to South America. I will bet my boots that Obama at least has a cell phone with him on the golf course to keep him appraised of any emergencies. There is nothing Obama can do for the people of Japan other than what is already being done just as the prime minister of japan did nothing to help us in the earthquake in California in I believe 1989 or Katrina. As far as Libia, the U.S. along with some NATO countries are considering imposing a no fly zone. Nothing has been decided yet, but are you for the United States spending more money that we do not have to spend????? As I understand it, obama's trip to Brazil is to help increase trade relations with Brazil. I did not hear you complain when GW Bush took a tour of South America and Mexico in 2007 when the Economy was falling apart.

"Bush Visits South America, Refuses to Say Chavez' Name

lina Zakowicz, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Mar 11, 2007 "Contribute content like this. Start Here."

Montevideo, Uruguay- George W. Bush, in an effort to downplay his unintended rivalry with Venezuela's President, Hugo Chávez, refuses to mention the man's name during his Latin American tour. Bush has been
    on a 5-country Latin American tour since last Thursday, starting with his landing in Brazil on Thursday night, followed by visits to Uruguay (Friday-Sunday) and then Colombia (Sunday). Bush will finish up his tour by visiting Guatemala (Sunday-Monday) and Mexico (Monday-Wednesday)."
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...to.html?cat=16
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 03-17-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Is this the best you can come up with????? You already had another thread started about President Obama playing golf and another thread on his going to South America. I will bet my boots that Obama at least has a cell phone with him on the golf course to keep him appraised of any emergencies. There is nothing Obama can do for the people of Japan other than what is already being done just as the prime minister of japan did nothing to help us in the earthquake in California in I believe 1989 or Katrina. As far as Libia, the U.S. along with some NATO countries are considering imposing a no fly zone. Nothing has been decided yet, but are you for the United States spending more money that we do not have to spend????? As I understand it, obama's trip to Brazil is to help increase trade relations with Brazil. I did not hear you complain when GW Bush took a tour of South America and Mexico in 2007 when the Economy was falling apart.

"Bush Visits South America, Refuses to Say Chavez' Name

Halina Zakowicz, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Mar 11, 2007 "Contribute content like this. Start Here."

Montevideo, Uruguay- George W. Bush, in an effort to downplay his unintended rivalry with Venezuela's President, Hugo Chávez, refuses to mention the man's name during his Latin American tour. Bush has been
    .can_ad_slug {font-family:arial;font-size:11px;color:#555555;text-decoration:none;background-image:url('http://l.yimg.com/d/lib/can_interstitial/icons/adchoice_1.1.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:right;padding:0px 14px 0px 0px;margin:2px 0 1px 0;float:right;cursor:hand;height:12px;display:bloc k;line-height:12px;} .ad_slug_table a {text-decoration:none;}

on a 5-country Latin American tour since last Thursday, starting with his landing in Brazil on Thursday night, followed by visits to Uruguay (Friday-Sunday) and then Colombia (Sunday). Bush will finish up his tour by visiting Guatemala (Sunday-Monday) and Mexico (Monday-Wednesday)."
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...to.html?cat=16
    You, of all people should not be bothered by redundant, meaningless crap on the internet... given how prolific you are at suppying this forum with said redundant, meaningless, crap
    Bill Davis