The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiropractic

Default Chiropractic

More than I ever knew about the practice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

I saw the post on the main page spin out of control. Actually I think it went in the ditch then proceeded to catch on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
    More than I ever knew about the practice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

I saw the post on the main page spin out of control. Actually I think it went in the ditch then proceeded to catch on fire.

Interesting. I'm "sold" on it's practice. Acme brick truck rear-ended our car back in 1970 or 1971 and medical people did not help at all. Years later after pain for all those years in between I started visiting a good chiropractor. It took a while but i'm pain free in that area most of the time anymore. Love it !!!!!!

you can get in any urinating match when it comes to MD/DO vs Chiropractors...bottom line is its your choice who you want to see and use for your medical needs

Can your doctor legally prescribe medications,can your doctor legally operate, is your doctor competent...Do you like your doctor...who do you trust with your life and well being, or who do you trust with the well being of your child...

scenario: you are hurt in an accident...where do you want the ambulance to take you

the term doctor is tossed around at times, Dr Laura Schlesinger is a doctor of theology, but I would not go and visit her for family counseling...

if people would take the time to research their doctor with the same scrutiny as their dog pro, they would probably be better off
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have many patients who see chiropractors with excellent results. I have no problem so long as they stay within the scope of their practice. (same goes for any practitioner or professional)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I have many patients who see chiropractors with excellent results. I have no problem so long as they stay within the scope of their practice. (same goes for any practitioner or professional)
    Have any of "your" patients sought council from you on Chiropratic care?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Have any of "your" patients sought council from you on Chiropratic care?

RK
    Yes they have, and I give them that same advice. And yes, when someone places their trust in me to operate on them or their child or parent, they are "my" patients, and I am "their" doctor.

To me, that is the most sacred trust in the world. If it ever becomes less than that, its time to hang it up. I hope your doctor feels the same way.

I respect dedicated professionals, and disrespect quacks....regardless of what's printed on their shingle. Stop trying to stir up a malestrom. Your intentions are not honorable, and quite transparent.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

I feel exactly the same way about scope of practice.
    On average, I see about a dozen and a half patients a month that were referred to me by MDs. We have a couple dozen MDs here in our little town. Well over half of them - or their family members - are patients of mine. By the same token, I refer a couple dozen patients to MDs every month. I also refer to PTs, LMTs, NDs etc.

We have little or no professional animosity in our area. The only thing that professional animosity hurts is the patient.

Yes they have, and I give them that same advice. And yes, when someone places their trust in me to operate on them or their child or parent, they are "my" patients, and I am "their" doctor.

To me, that is the most sacred trust in the world. If it ever becomes less than that, its time to hang it up. I hope your doctor feels the same way.

I respect dedicated professionals, and disrespect quacks....regardless of what's printed on their shingle. Stop trying to stir up a malestrom. Your intentions are not honorable, and quite transparent.
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doc E View Post
    I feel exactly the same way about scope of practice.
    On average, I see about a dozen and a half patients a month that were referred to me by MDs. We have a couple dozen MDs here in our little town. Well over half of them - or their family members - are patients of mine. By the same token, I refer a couple dozen patients to MDs every month. I also refer to PTs, LMTs, NDs etc.

We have little or no professional animosity in our area. The only thing that professional animosity hurts is the patient.

The football team at Truman State (formerly N E MO State) in Kirksville MO, used to have Palmer College students/interns at every practice and after every game to make adjustments.
    Injuries were minimal and short lived.

We all found out the value of Chiropractic care.
    We were very fortunate to have that resource.

That was in 1970-71-71.

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-18-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Road Kill

When I was an Intern, we treated the Chicago Blackhawks right at the rink.
    Nowdays, virtually all professional atlhlete teams (football, hockey, basketball -- you name it), have their own Team Chiros.