The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say it ain't so, Stan!

Can they not just set up another vote on a new bill with the 24 hour notice that the dims claim the state statute requires or do they have to let this bill live or die before they can move on? Point being that they have the votes to get it through either way, this is just delaying things, why not just pass a new one that fits the criteria the dims are whining about.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

(that is alledged, oddly, the radio stations were broadcasting the vote being scheduled before 4:00pm, the vote occurred just after 6:00pm) I don't believe this. This is the first I have ever heard of this.

I know of at least one Senator that told the media that they had 1 hour 38 minutes to get to the meeting.

All I am saying is the Reps are going about this the wrong way. Something that changes things so dramatically need to be be even more dramatically deliberate. The Reps have the numbers, why do things so hastily? Are they cowards? Are they trying to show their brute strength of numbers?

This will probably come back to bite them. The recall petitions are in full swing and at least a few Senators will be recalled and there is a growing movement to recall Walker when they are able to later this year. It's really the Dems fault anyway, they didn't get out the vote. Not enough people voted to counter the votes for the Reps.

I agree with the bill, regards.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Can they not just set up another vote on a new bill with the 24 hour notice that the dims claim the state statute requires or do they have to let this bill live or die before they can move on? Point being that they have the votes to get it through either way, this is just delaying things, why not just pass a new one that fits the criteria the dims are whining about.
    They can do both. The judge said they need to follow the open records law.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    (that is alledged, oddly, the radio stations were broadcasting the vote being scheduled before 4:00pm, the vote occurred just after 6:00pm) I don't believe this. This is the first I have ever heard of this.

I know of at least one Senator that told the media that they had 1 hour 38 minutes to get to the meeting.(that's because he was hiding in Chicago instead of the Senate chambers in WI)
    All I am saying is the Reps are going about this the wrong way. Something that changes things so dramatically need to be be even more dramatically deliberate. The Reps have the numbers, why do things so hastily? Are they cowards? Are they trying to show their brute strength of numbers?

This will probably come back to bite them. The recall petitions are in full swing and at least a few Senators will be recalled(a couple Democrat Senators are being recalled as well) and there is a growing movement to recall Walker when they are able to later this year.(Walker can not be recalled until after 2 years in office) It's really the Dems fault anyway, they didn't get out the vote. Not enough people voted to counter the votes for the Reps.

The law required a notice to be posted in the Senate chambers lobby 2 hours before the vote.
    Mark Belling reported this posting before 4:00 pm on Milw radio.
    The vote occurred after 6:00 pm.

This is an activist judge ruling on ideology, not law.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The law required a notice to be posted in the Senate chambers lobby 2 hours before the vote.
    Mark Belling reported this posting before 4:00 pm on Milw radio.
    The vote occurred after 6:00 pm.

This is an activist judge ruling on ideology, not law.

RK
    Maybe.

Even if what you are saying is true, why are they being so stupid about this? Why not give plenty of notice and do things the right way to eliminate anything that an "activist" judge can do? This is far from rocket science.
    Kevin Entwistle

Maybe.

Even if what you are saying is true, why are they being so stupid about this? Why not give plenty of notice and do things the right way to eliminate anything that an "activist" judge can do? This is far from rocket science.
    Because the unions are desperate.

Desperate men perform despearate acts!

No matter what the Republicans do, the Democrats will pull out all the stops.

Beleive it or not, I was in Madison WI today in the Republican party state offices.
    I had a very nice meeting with a high ranking member of the party.

They are finding out a lot about where the money and support is coming from (though they did not share their findings).

They did share that of the 3 recalls of Republican Senators (and Alberta Darling in specific) the Democrats are struggling to get the required number of signatures.

Arrests were made at he location of the Republicans getting signatures to recall the Democratic Senator from Kenosha.
    (Hintz)
    It appears some "activists" got a tad too cozy with the volunteers and alledgedly destroyed some of the documents with signatures.

They are also extremely confidant of the activist Judges faulty ruling being thrown out.

There were about 20 or 30 hippies (long haired hygeinically challenged misdirected youths) on the capitol grounds as I drove by.

I'll tell you, you have never seen so many Prius' in your life!!??!!??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Judge Enjoins Publication of Anti-Union Bill

MADISON, Wisc. (CN) - A state judge granted the Dane County district attorney's request for a restraining order to prohibit the state from publishing its law stripping public employees of their right to collective bargaining. The first injunction hearing is set for March 29.
    Dane County is home to Madison, the state capital. District Attorney Ismael Ozanne sued on behalf of three elected officials and a union leader, who said Republican legislators ran an end-around of the state's Open Meetings Law to pass the anti-union measure, Special Session Assembly Bill 11.
    Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, signed the bill into law on March 11.
    The complainants said the Republican legislators rushed the bill through without required notice.
    After Democrats in the House fled the state to deny the Republicans a quorum, Republicans called a meeting of a conference committee and revised AB 11 so it no longer required a quorum, then pushed the bill through both houses.
    Dane County Circuit Court Judge Maryann Sumi issued the restraining order Friday with virtually no written comment.
    The bill must be published before it can take effect. It prohibits public employees from engaging in collecting bargaining for anything except wages, and imposes other rules, such as requiring workers to vote every year to recertify the union that represents them.
    There will be two injunction hearings on March 29 and April 1, and a hearing over the constitutionality of the bill is scheduled for April 12.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

RK
    I have a question. What would stop the unions employees to vote on wage increases to compensate them for the losses they will suffer from increased cost of health care benefits or other financial losses if the only thing they can bargain on is wages?

Maybe.

Hell, they gave them notice on election day!
    Bill Davis

I know of at least one Senator that told the media that they had 1 hour 38 minutes to get to the meeting.

This will probably come back to bite them. The recall petitions are in full swing and at least a few Senators will be recalled and there is a growing movement to recall Walker when they are able to later this year. It's really the Dems fault anyway, they didn't get out the vote. Not enough people voted to counter the votes for the Reps.

Are you talking about the collective bargaining bill in Wisconsin or Obamacare???

I think it was Pelosi that coined the term, "well we just need to pass it to learn what is in it" on a kinda big bill that they jammed through, not two hours, but considering the obamacare bill was 2000 pages and no one knew everything in it.....

New rules....

anybill longer then 10 pages long gets tossed, if you can't describe what you are tryin gto do in less then ten pages you either don't know what you really want, or are tryin gto make it too complicated so that others won't

new rule

any elected official that misses more then 5 consecutive sessions/days (w/o med or other excuse at which time a proxy will be appointed) loses seat

new rule

all union contracts should be put on the ballot for approval, see rule 1

new rule

any politician that personally appears on tv to grandstand a bill is not doing his/her job and should lose it, they have staff that should be able to inform the public what the bill is about wo grandstanding

New rule

any politician that has enough time to look into College basketball to have a bracket that he fills out on sports center in the middle of a world crisis.........
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    3XGMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point SH