The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Med School - Chiro School Compared

explain to me what medical kinesiolgy is?
    Also how you can manipulate the cranium?
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

not sure what you are referring to in medical kinesiology. Kinesiology (study of human motion) is a common major for pre-chiro, pre PT or used as the major for people getting their Athletic trainer cert, or that are going to be personal trainers. their really is not a "pre-med or Pre-chiro" Major..... while at Kansas State I was a biology major with an. sci minor while a "pre-vet" student. when a switched to chiro tract I dropped the minor and was on the "pre-med" program with all the pre-med students and the pre-vet students (yeah changing from animal doc to people doc I dropped a minor.....

Adjusting the cranium, not anything like anyother adjustments. a wide variety of beliefs on it. I am a "conservative" on it I do think that some tremendous results happen with it. I am not "ceritfied" in cranial sacral technique, but have taken a couple seminars and spent many hours with a prof in school that really knew it. I use it on babies whose cranial plates are overlapping before they have fused. ( igot more interested in it when my daughters plates were not moving back right so we drove her two and ahalf hours one way three times to a classmate that does a lot of it, she helped my daughter but also encouraged me that I knew enough to help some people) it is more like holding pressure on the egdes and massaging them in the direction they need to move. During birth the plates over lap naturally(remember cone heads) sometimes they don't move back as well as they should and if they are slow getting back they can fused overlapped, unatractive for abald guy , but if the skull is not shaped right it can effect the brain. I use it some at the base of the skull on adults, in theory it helps 'release" tension in the meniges (until recently I was a little skeptical on this, but their is a TINY tendon/ligament between a structure in the upper c-spine that connects to the out meninge that I believe has only recently been found, I know I only learned about it at a semian last summer....) to patients it feels like I am releaseing trigger points, I just know it works. Like i SAID, I am no expert by anymeans in it, but have gotten some pretty decent results.

A side note on Cranial sacral tech that falls into the "I don't know how it works but their has to be something to it"...... While I was reading A LOT about autism. In a study on autism, a DC that specializies in Craniosacral had noticed that she felt what she percieved as "restricted meninges" in a lot of her Austistic patients, so she with lots of other help she had kids come in lay on the table on their backs (no verbal or eye contact communication) and she was able to ID autistic kids at about 90% accuracy based on feeling the upper cervical region using Cranial sacral tech.......

They went looking for a reason, almost all Autistic kids (in case history) had had a fever spike in the early toddler age range (9-18 months I believe was the range) and it was thought that the high fever spike had casued either adhesions between meninges or shrunk/stunted the growth of at least one of the layers.....

probably more answer then what you wanted, in school I had a buddy that described essay answers on questions that you were sure how to answer or were difficult to directly answer that you just vomited out all the info that remotely pertained and hoped the teacher could sort it out. I tend to do that when explaining a technique that works I just can't quite get my head around how and why (accupunctue is another, I reffer out for it)
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

I taught kines @ CSU for 17 years. Many DCs use " Medical Kines" to diagnosis all sorts of diseases and systems problems. As far as I am concerned they are QUACKS! Manual therapist clam that they can manipulate the skull. Again more crap.
    I have patients that use DCs some good some bad. In Nevada where I did consult there were a number of DCs, Lawyers and police that were scamming the system in auto accidents claims. Here in Colorado where my son-in-law is an investigator for auto insurance accident fraud he DCs are high on the list of fraudulent claims.
    They/your profession needs to clean up their act
    Last edited by sinner; 03-22-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: clean up my bad typing
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Quote Originally Posted by limiman12 View Post
    A side note on Cranial sacral tech that falls into the "I don't know how it works but their has to be something to it"......
    Wait a minute. The cranium (head) is at one end of the spine, and the sacrum is at the other. How do you manipulate both at the same time?

Is this like the "rectocephaly syndrome" that many politicians exhibit?

I'm not sure I buy this cranial plate massage stuff either. Even if you can move them, they will go right back as soon as pressure is released, unless you can brace or splint them in position. With the exception of craniosynostosis (premature fusion of the cranial sutures, limiting expansion and growth of the brain pan) billions of people do just fine without manipulation. And for craniosynostosis babies, surgery is their only chance at life or normalcy.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!