The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drug test

Default drug test

my son works a a medium size grocery chain in the midwest they just hired 30 people they have a drug test that they told every one about. 27 failed it. 2 got fired the first day one beat up his girl friend before going to work and was in jail.the 2nd one drove a stolen car to work and the cops arrested him there. how in the world can this country survive like this.i'll bet there are all kinds of excuses from some on here about it wasn't their fault. bad schools etc. but i'm tired of this it's time for people to take blame

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    my son works a a medium size grocery chain in the midwest they just hired 30 people they have a drug test that they told every one about. 27 failed it. 2 got fired the first day one beat up his girl friend before going to work and was in jail.the 2nd one drove a stolen car to work and the cops arrested him there. how in the world can this country survive like this.i'll bet there are all kinds of excuses from some on here about it wasn't their fault. bad schools etc. but i'm tired of this it's time for people to take blame
    There are a few here that would struggle to pass a drug test........

I say without any doubt in my mind.
    There is a conspiracy..........the oldest known to man.

Look, it's as clear as day.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    Same thing here. Joy Mining Co. wanted 12 entry positions. This could lead to a relatively safe, good-paying job with benefits...something many in this town could use. By the time the 6th-grade level entry exam and drug testing was complete, they had TWO qualified applicants. Of the two, one didn't show up his first day.

So out of 12 good opportunities, only ONE person here was willing and able to work. We can blame DC and politicians for our woes all we want, but when unemployment is at 10% and only 1/12 of offered jobs gets filled......

Good night Gladys!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

many restaurants in Calif have quit using drug tests for hiring because very few can pass them, because of the nature of the test many have flunked it due to the use of OTC drugs like Sudafed...not sure what is worse using drug tests to screen applicants or using TRW credit ratings as one infamous hotel chain does here in Vegas...ironically I got my job with Morton's because I was one of two that COULD pass the test
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    many restaurants in Calif have quit using drug tests for hiring because very few can pass them, because of the nature of the test many have flunked it due to the use of OTC drugs like Sudafed...not sure what is worse using drug tests to screen applicants or using TRW credit ratings as one infamous hotel chain does here in Vegas...ironically I got my job with Morton's because I was one of two that COULD pass the test

While I personally believe that 99.99999999999% of people that fail drug tests do through nothing but their own illegal activities I do know of a case in which while the person did technically commit illegal consumption of a controled substance, there was no drug abuse involved.
    The person invloved (in their 50's) simply took some RX cough medicine given to his wife when he caught the crap going around. bad timing for him as it was during a buyout and everyone had to take a drug test for the aquiring company. She had some leffover and he took it and failed the drug test because it contained codiene and that is a controled substance.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Party on dudes!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

bon....

you mentioned not liking credti scores used by employers....

I for one think it is a pretty reasonable way to find out if someone is responsible. I see your credit score as the GPA of adulthood. Sure somepeople might get caught with abad credit score due to factors beyond their control, just like the drug tests might catch a few folks that took their wifes prescription for a cold, but you can be poor and have good credit, you just can't be irresponsible. If I am looking for employees, I want to have people that have proven that they cn take care of their own lives/finances if they are going to have any impact on mine.
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

Maybe we should have political candidates reveal their credit ratings!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    While I personally believe that 99.99999999999% of people that fail drug tests do through nothing but their own illegal activities I do know of a case in which while the person did technically commit illegal consumption of a controled substance, there was no drug abuse involved.
    The person invloved (in their 50's) simply took some RX cough medicine given to his wife when he caught the crap going around. bad timing for him as it was during a buyout and everyone had to take a drug test for the aquiring company. She had some leffover and he took it and failed the drug test because it contained codiene and that is a controled substance.
    If its not your prescription, don't take it. Its ILLEGAL.

No sympathy here. Sorry.

Go to the Dr and get your own.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    If its not your prescription, don't take it. Its ILLEGAL.

WRL
    Yeah, like no one ever does this.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth