The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: drug test

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    So the difference between doing meth or your spouses prescription pills are what?

Both are illegal. Get caught doing the crime, do the time.WRL
    Here's the flip side of this and maybe this will help understand why I find all of this stupid.
    Had an employee, different company, who gave his notice for other employment. As a company and as the HR/ payroll manager this resignation letter was a good thing since the employee was on the verge of termination anyway. Said employee was a minority and even in a right to work state you know that a legit firing may result in a lawsuit.
    So, turns out that said employee gave his notice based on a letter of employment that was contigent upon passing a drug test.
    Said employee failed the drug test, no suprise. Person then filed for unemployment.
    As the last employer we got the unemployment claim notice which I fought.
    Guess what. While I won the unemployment claim from a company standpoint, the jerk got to collect.
    The company won hands down against being charged for the claim and having it impact the corporate rate. However the jerk was allowed to collect unemployment benefits.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    acks
    Really,
    So it is Sat night and you can't get any sleep due to a cough from a cold and the over the counter stuff is crap. Let's see take some liquid gold that is in the house or get zero sleep and trigger ashsma attacks.
    Personally I would take the liquid gold.
    Hey, I sympathize with being sick. BUT, its not your prescription. Can you take it? Yeah. But if you have to pass the pee test and can't because you took something that was NOT prescribed to you, don't whine and cry about it. Its illegal.

I just dumped my son's oxycodone down the sink. I COULD have used it with the present condition of my arm. But I didn't. Its not my prescription and if I hurt enough to need it, I best be shuffling into the DR.

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Seriously? How does one go about requesting this? I'm only asking because it really annoys me when I have to waste time and a copay to get cough meds that actually work. The regular stuff does nothing.
    Its kept back on the perscription shelf with the other Rx drugs but it is available without the Rx. Cheratussin is what it is called. Not sure how all pharmacies deal with it. I go to an independant, locally owned pharmacy. The chain pharmacies may have differant rules they have to follow.

I asked a RiteAid pharmacist about that one time, and they could not sell it, although yes, it is legal.

Call me paranoid, but the way drug laws and perceptions are today, I would just as soon have a script to back me up if I ever got tested. My wife and I are both physicians, but when it comes to narcs of any type, we won't even write for each other, to completely avoid any possibility of ill-perceptions. (and codeine is the only sched3 I ever, and rarely use)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Hey, I sympathize with being sick. BUT, its not your prescription. Can you take it? Yeah. But if you have to pass the pee test and can't because you took something that was NOT prescribed to you, don't whine and cry about it. Its illegal.

I just dumped my son's oxycodone down the sink. I COULD have used it with the present condition of my arm. But I didn't. Its not my prescription and if I hurt enough to need it, I best be shuffling into the DR.

WRL
    This had nothing to do with me. I simply had to cut the final paycheck.
    Poor guy actually had no idea he would have to take a drug test. The company he was working for did not have random drug testing.
    It was a corp buyout and all employees found out that day and took the drug test the same day.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Man I was very good. Went to work for Coors and had to pass not only the drug test but the poly.........and I had been a college prof during the 70ths.
    I did gst asked if I really like my beard?
    Last edited by sinner; 03-23-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: ofr
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Quote Originally Posted by krockhold View Post
    At my pharmacy cough syrup with codiene is available over the counter at the pharmacists discretion. So seeing how its legal to buy without a doc's orders, not sure how it would be dealt with on a drug screen.
    Jamarcus Russel calls it "Da Purple".
    Just Win