The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: No, it wasn't bush league

  1. #31
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    That's all the righties have to fall back on, insults and name calling.
    Originally Posted by Roger Perry
    She probably does not play golf, but I'll bet she could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

    RK, you made that one too easy

    Bill Davis

  2. #32
    Senior Member limiman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Oak Iowa
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    I just wonder how many rebels were killed by hired mercenaries in the month it took to do anything.....

    Perhaps a month ago, the rebels would have had enough momentum to take over the government.....

    another thing that remains to be seen, is the world a better place with a tyranical leader that can be bought, or the islamic brotherhood in charge of countires like ethiopia, lybia, Iraq, etc......

    Is the guy that set himself on fire going to go down in histroy as this century's Prince Ferninand?
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

    GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

  3. #33
    Senior Member BrianW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Athol, North Idaho
    Posts
    885
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791
    ________________________________________
    Proud partner of (HR) WR SR Brian's 44Magnum Monster
    co-owned by HR Rianne's 2nd Chance Hurricane Rebel

  4. #34
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    LMAO. If she would have whined about him talkin' dat poison talk she would have hit every single point that the OP has made in this thread.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  5. #35
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limiman12 View Post
    I just wonder how many rebels were killed by hired mercenaries in the month it took to do anything.....

    Perhaps a month ago, the rebels would have had enough momentum to take over the government.....

    another thing that remains to be seen, is the world a better place with a tyranical leader that can be bought, or the islamic brotherhood in charge of countires like ethiopia, lybia, Iraq, etc......

    Is the guy that set himself on fire going to go down in histroy as this century's Prince Ferninand?

    It might be stupid to get involved in another Muslim civil war at this point. It would have been unexcusably stupid to get involved a week ago without the support of the international community.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    The political skill of the administration in dealing with Libya and setting up a no fly zone is to be applauded. Instead of acting unilaterally, or "Bush League" as I call it. They get the Arab League to come out first and endorse action. The UN security council votes for action, with likely backroom maneuvering for Russia and China to abstain. They get France to take a lead. They are working on getting other Arab countries to maintain the no fly zone. There will debate on whether we got in too early, too late, shouldn't of got involved etc. The no spin zone will be doing it's spin, and the other right wing talking comedians... er ...heads will find fault, they always do. How this turns out only time will tell. But there was skill on how it started. No, it wasn't bush league.

    There are 11 US ships supporting this endeavor. France and Great Britain 1 a piece. One Arab country has 4 planes donated to the cause and there is still a question of who will be in charge. Most of the Arab countries are now crying that we have gone too far.

    What is the goal? No fly zone? We are now attacking ground base troops and tanks. We are involved in another country's civil war. Which country are we going to do the same thing for, Yemen, Syria, etc, in the future. There seems to be little planning and no consultation with our congress. Sure Obama consulted the UN but failed to do the same for his own country.

    If this was Bush the left would be screaming. Should the right claim that it was done to take the focus off of Obama's failures on the economy and domestic issues?

    This guy never supported the Iraq war but now starts another war with even less just cause then the Iraq war.
    John Abramson

    Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

    American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

    Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    There are 11 US ships supporting this endeavor. France and Great Britain 1 a piece. One Arab country has 4 planes donated to the cause and there is still a question of who will be in charge. Most of the Arab countries are now crying that we have gone too far.

    What is the goal? No fly zone? We are now attacking ground base troops and tanks. We are involved in another country's civil war. Which country are we going to do the same thing for, Yemen, Syria, etc, in the future. There seems to be little planning and no consultation with our congress. Sure Obama consulted the UN but failed to do the same for his own country.

    If this was Bush the left would be screaming. Should the right claim that it was done to take the focus off of Obama's failures on the economy and domestic issues?

    This guy never supported the Iraq war but now starts another war with even less just cause then the Iraq war.
    I agree with everything you wrote; except the last 8 words

  8. #38
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That would have been an accurate prediction, eh? And its not over yet, and many teapartiers are also calling for us to get out and quit spending more money there.

    And many people, including Bush, were at times quoted as saying it was unwinnable. I think Bush's turn came when he referenced "in a conventional way" or something to that effect.

    But only ONE person was uninformed and uneducated enough to say "Mission Accomplished" when at that very moment, insurgents were ramping up activities in what would become an endless battle that continues to this day.

    Back to the matter at hand, I hope this turns out as Obama stated...limited involvement with a defined end-point....halting Khadafi's aggression against his own people. Then the ball's in their court.
    That's todays goal. Last week Obama said "Khadafi must go". Earlier this week Obama said "Khadafi should go". Now its just "he must halt his aggression against his own people"? Give me a break. You guys are funny as hell. And by you guys, I mean you middle of the road independants and you left wing loons. This goof of a president could take a dump on your face and yall would probably send him a thank you card.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  9. #39
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Speaking of the hypocrisy of partisan sycophants....

    If I heard it once, I heard it a thousand times from the left (and many on this very forum) when Bush was President; to paraphrase, "Well if we're supposed to attack every country that we don't agree with why don't we just go ahead and attack North Korea? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmmm? So logically, if we don't attack North Korea we had no business attacking Iraq."

    Anybody hear/read of the leftists trotting out their North Korea "logic" vis-a-vis Obama and Libya?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  10. #40
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Speaking of the hypocrisy of partisan sycophants....

    If I heard it once, I heard it a thousand times from the left (and many on this very forum) when Bush was President; to paraphrase, "Well if we're supposed to attack every country that we don't agree with why don't we just go ahead and attack North Korea? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmmm? So logically, if we don't attack North Korea we had no business attacking Iraq."

    Anybody hear/read of the leftists trotting out their North Korea "logic" vis-a-vis Obama and Libya?
    No such thing as "middle of the road independent" (progressive liberals) logic.



    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •