Anyone had a dog eat a Jade plant leaf?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Anyone had a dog eat a Jade plant leaf?

  1. #1
    Junior Member duknut1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Anyone had a dog eat a Jade plant leaf?

    My 9 month old lab ate one leaf off of a Jade plant in my office Saturday morning. Since Saturday afternoon she has had liquid stools and she looks like she is forcing out a baseball bat but nothing comes out but liquid. She is still eating the same, drinking the same amount, and still has energy like a 9 month old, but she still has the loose stools tonight "Sunday"? Anyone had a dog do this?? Thanks in advance

  2. Remove Advertisements

  3. #2
    Senior Member Jo Ann Reynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007


    No, I have not had a dog eat a Jade plant leaf but I have used the ASPCA poison hot line. I know the ASPCA is not very popular on this site but I have had to use their poison control hotline a couple of times and it was very helpful. You do have to pay for the advice, however.

    Here is a link to what they say about Jade plant from their website

    They have a 24 hour hotline that is staffed by vets

    If you suspect poisoning either call your vet or call the hotline.
    Jo Ann

  4. #3
    Senior Member PocketLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thibodaux, LA


    No experience with a jade plant, but I have had a dog eat sago palm. They are highly toxic, the toxicity attacks the kidneys. I would get to the vet first thing in the AM.
    Gravitate towards those whose dogs run nicely, are happy, and the handlers/owners are also nice and happy. - Chris A 01/12

    Rick Wiley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts