The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harmony Amongst the Ranks

Take Obama's Peace Prize
    Updated: 19:58, Tuesday March 22, 2011

Bolivian President Evo Morales has called for US President Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize to be revoked following his decision to attack Libya.

'Two years ago we heard that President Barack Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize, but is he defending peace in the world now, or isn't he instead fomenting violence?' Morales told reporters, days after Obama ordered the bombing of Libya military targets as part of an UN-approved effort to protect civilians.

'How is it possible to give the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who has launched an invasion, a bombing? It's a violation, an assault, an aggression,' said Morales, one of Latin America's most left-leaning leaders and a vocal critic of the United States.

'Obama is the leader of group of thugs who led an assault and an invasion - and that has nothing to do with defending human rights,' he declared.

Obama receive the prize in December 2009, less than a year after taking office.

In his acceptance speech in Oslo, Obama referred to himself as 'the commander-in-chief of a nation in the midst of two wars' and said armed conflict was at times necessary.

Obama gave his $US1.4 million ($A1.4 million) Nobel Peace Prize award money to 10 charities, including groups working on Haiti relief and supporting military families.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Throughout my lifetime, whenever a US President sent troops into harms way he announced it to the US citizens.
    It is a solemn and serious occasion.

Kennedy
    Johnson
    Ford
    Carter
    Reagan
    Bush I
    Clinton
    Bush II

Obama is in Brazil.......partying.

Sorry folks, it is what it is.......
    CRAPOLA!!!!!
    Respectfully....BM2 road kill, USCG/SFSG/PS/Cam Ranh Bay/1972

I beleive the blush is off this rose.
    Agree. Its time to be solomn and decisive....from the Oval Office.

Respectfully...

(do I have to post my military campaigns? I'm afreed I'll get slammed for doing so!--you know, think I deserve a CMH for every battle since Nam?)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Agree. Its time to be solomn and decisive....from the Oval Office.

Respectfully...

(do I have to post my military campaigns? I'm afreed I'll get slammed for doing so!--you know, think I deserve a CMH for every battle since Nam?)
    You know how I feel about anyone who served.

I don't know what to say about this.
    We are sending men into combat.
    Don't try to minimize that by saying no "boots on the ground."
    That term used by the media offends me.

Regardless of party, every President has realized the severity of a combat mission until now.

There is something wrong here folks.

If you, dnf, were mocking me for listing my military status, I really don't care.
    I am proud of it and I didn't get the ribbon (CMH).

I wish the man sending troops into harms way understood the significance of what he was doing.

Just a tad too cavaliere for my liking.

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis

Regardless of party, every President has realized the severity of a combat mission until now.

If you, dnf, were mocking me for listing my military status, I really don't care.

I wish the man sending troops into harms way understood the significance of what he was doing.

stan b
    You know I would never mock your service. I was referencing the hero who mocked me for mentioning my service. It seems only *some* are allowed to even mention their service, without being nailed for it.

I hope you took no offense, none was intended. From your comments regarding the lack of understanding from our CIC, I think you are beginning to understand how I felt for the past 10 years.

"Boots on the ground" was a term our PAD officer used in the daily staff briefings to the commander. As people would rotate in and out of Saudi Arabia, it was crucial to know exactly how many people were present in country, as the State Dept agreements only allowed for "x" number of infidels on holy soil at any given time. (ridiculous, but that's how they viewed it)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

stan b
    You are including GW Bush in that group of Presidents that has realized the severity of the combat mission???????He lied to Congress and the American people to start a war in Iraq killing over 4000 of our military men and women and maimed or wounded tens of thousands more. At least Obama does not have to make up lies and has not jumped into something without great thought and his listened to his advisors both pro and con. He has the approval of NATO countries and the arab countries to try to stop Gadaffi from killing more of the people of Libya. I am sure President Obama did not want the Middle Eastern people hating us any more than they did when we invaded Iraq under false pretences. The people of Libya are grateful of our assistance to them unlike the Iraqui's and Afghan's.
    I saw on a news report that when the pilots of the Jet that crashed were on the ground and the U.S. dropped bombs to keep the people back from the airmen even though they were not Gadaffi's henchmen, one of the men helping rescue them had a son that was injured by the bombs he was not angry at us but said it was a price he was willing to make to free their country from Gadaffi. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    You are including GW Bush in that group of Presidents that has realized the severity of the combat mission???????He lied to Congress and the American people to start a war in Iraq killing over 4000 of our military men and women and maimed or wounded tens of thousands more. At least Obama does not have to make up lies and has not jumped into something without great thought and his listened to his advisors both pro and con. He has the approval of NATO countries and the arab countries to try to stop Gadaffi from killing more of the people of Libya. I am sure President Obama did not want the Middle Eastern people hating us any more than they did when we invaded Iraq under false pretences. The people of Libya are grateful of our assistance to them unlike the Iraqui's and Afghan's.
    I saw on a news report that when the pilots of the Jet that crashed were on the ground and the U.S. dropped bombs to keep the people back from the airmen even though they were not Gadaffi's henchmen, one of the men helping rescue them had a son that was injured by the bombs he was not angry at us but said it was a price he was willing to make to free their country from Gadaffi. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, exactly what lie did Bush tell Congress and the American people? Was it the one based on CIA and other intel? Was it the lie based on info that could not followed up on for 11/2 years which was ample time for Saddam to dispose of WMD? Those lies? Smoke that!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I will agree that you are definitely smoking something Roger...
    Bill Davis

Ron Paul on Libya and other issues...

http://www.ronpaul.com/

The man just make too much sense!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge