The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Balanced Budgets???

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    And RAISING taxes. Without taking into account the revenue side of the ledger your only going half way.

I agree that bottom 50% that has been paying Zero and Negative taxes (EIC) for years needs to start paying their fair share.

Michigan has been under Dem and Union rule for many years, blaming the current adminstration for their problems is ridiculous. Couldn't get any worse than what Jenny did to my home state.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    If you think the "wealthy" are electing the legislature, you are as empty headed as your other liberal clowns.

Keep editing, Buzz. You might just stumble on the real reason your legislature got turned over...just like Wisconsins.

HOW DID THE PROBLEM ORIGINATE???? It was far more than the "wealthy" that realized the present government was ruining the state.

As I've always stated, nobody pays any attention until THEIR OX starts getting gored. That might include the lower 50% of the population...THE POOR..that haven't paid a dime to support the nation for years.

That's your kind of people...too bad they are so ignorant they don't even understand they have to get off their lazy asses and at least vote in the leaders that continue to provide their handouts.

Elections have consequences, as the public unions in Wisconsin are discovering. Similar to what the TEA partiers discovered when the Obama regime got elected and starting to impose their laws on real Americans.

UB
    Do me a favor would you? When filing out your Federal Taxes this year when it comes time to deduct the standard deduction from your gross income, don't bother or if you itemize do the same. I mean your always so concerned about how the poor don't pay any taxes.( which is total bs,) Well if you are married filing jointly this year the deduction is $11,400 I mean without being a hypocrite you ought really not take that deduction should you?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog;772775 [QUOTE
    I agree that bottom 50% that has been paying Zero and Negative taxes (EIC) for years needs to start paying their fair share.

Unable to find that info. Could you show me where you got it from?
    Last edited by cotts135; 03-22-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Unable to find that info. Could you show me where you got it from?
    You haven't looked very hard then. Or else you're planning to pick some nit about FICA withholdings, state tax, smoke tax, etc. Otherwise, he's right...nearly half the country doesn't pay a dime in Fed. income tax. And of those that don't pay, a goodly chunk of them get refunds for money they never paid in the first place...i.e. money was taken out of somebody's pocket and placed in the hand of someone else...LITERALLY.
    Last edited by Hew; 03-22-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    You haven't looked very hard then. Or else you're planning to pick some nit about FICA withholdings, state tax, smoke tax, etc. Otherwise, he's right...nearly half the country doesn't pay a dime in Fed. income tax. And of those that don't pay, a goodly chunk of them get refunds for money they never paid in the first place...i.e. money was taken out of somebody's pocket and placed in the hand of someone else...LITERALLY.
    Found it and your figures are fairly accurate, but as always There are different ways at looking at this. Here is one of those ways

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/bu...leonhardt.html

Right...the way that picks the nit that there are other tax burdens besides Fed income tax. In re-reading IBD's post that you responded to, I suppose he wasn't entirely specific that he was referring to Fed income tax so that leaves you some wiggle room.

Welcome to the club, though. Paul Young's liberal world was shaken when he increduously discovered the same thing you just did. Now go tell all your other fellow libs.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

[quote=cotts135;772794][quote=IowaBayDog;772775

Unable to find that info. Could you show me where you got it from?[/QUOTE]

After I feeed dogs and stuff I'll search thru Potus for the 2010 IRS tax calculations all based off of the standard deduction and using the same gross income.
    It shows how many people at 50K actually get a CHECK FROM THE REAL TAXPAYERS. THey have zero tax liabilty and get money from those who pay.
    Gov't redistribution of wealth at its best. Totally disgusting.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If we could just control the size of the wasteful Fed Gov by 50% we could balance the budget.

I've gone on record here at RTF of which agencies and programs could be elimnated completely.

Problem is that there is lots of waste created by both parties and there's the rub! Neither party members are willing to cut programs that benefits party members districts.
    So - I get this fund raiser from the tan man asking me to answer a push pull type of quiz. There is no room for one's opinion. That tells me it is going to be more of the same. As Gerry said those people (the pols) are treated too well.

In order for cuts to go through there is a need for a bullet proof majority which means 261 in the House, 60 in the Senate cause the POTUS has the veto pen.

But the Cato newsletter from a WSJ article listed a few - Return to 2009 baseline = 177 mil, back to 2007 = 374 bil, Repeal O Care = 898 bil over 10 years, cut the umbilical to Fannie & Freddie - ???????, Ethanol & unproven energy schemes = 170 bil over 10 years, Returning fed employment to 2008 levels = 35 bil, On the 10 year plan - Scrapping Depts of Commerce, HUD = 550 bil, ending farm subsidies = 290 bil, NASA by 50% = 90 bil, Davis-Bacon = 60 bil, mass transit grants = 52 bil, privatize Air Traffic Control = 38 bil, Privatize AmTrak = 31 bil, Reform Fed employee retirement = 18 bil, Shutter Americorps & SBA = 24 bil. Savings in defense ID'd by Gates 145 bil over 5 years. The list goes on but I think all get the message - Any you would disagree with?

It takes will - which I'm not sure is prevalent in DC . & they did not even mention Franco's & my favorites - the Depts of Ed & Energy which have contributed zilch since inception.

I live in a unique little city - though our population is 4354 over 400 are in an institution for the mentally challenged. A few years back the city fathers in a magnanimous move allowed reduced rates on city owned utilities of 50 & 30% to low income elderly, disabled & under earners . This cost the rest of the rate payers (about 1340 of them) an additional 80K per year collectively. This is an extortion those ratepayers had no voice in. Last night at the council meeting a proposal was presented to continue the program at 30 & 15% for the low income elderly & disabled, eliminating the subsidy in it's entirety for the under earners. The ensuing debate was priceless - a council member who has been on disability from the USPO for 4 years & just added another 2 to that (wonder why your stamps are so expensive?) argued against any change for over 10 minutes (guess who brought the subject up in committee originally), & the discussion went on for 40 minutes before a vote on the motion which fortunately passed 4-3.

The interesting fact is that those ratepayers subsidizing the under earners have to earn over 145K to cover the subsidy with all the fees tacked on to utilities. I can't wait for the alcohol & cigarette smell when those folks, the under earners, come to protest at the council meeting.

So it doesn't happen easily, feet have to be held to the fire, many elected have the same backbone as a jelly fish. Just look at WI, MSM which is decidedly left, says there will be repercussions to those elected officials. IMO, those people (the R's) didn't get where they are by being stupid, so they know their constituents. Though the journey may be brutal, as the PE Union thugs & their minions have much to lose, they actually might have to get a real job .

Again RK, I want to donate to Walker's war chest. Let me know where it can be sent that will go directly into the system.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 03-23-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!