The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNN calls Fox's human shield accusation ‘nuts’

Banned

Default CNN calls Fox's human shield accusation ‘nuts’

Unfair and Unbalanced Faux News strikes again.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A CNN correspondent has angrily denied a Fox News report that he and other journalists were used by the Libyan government as human shields against an attack on Moammar Gadhafi's compound.
    Fox News' Jennifer Griffin reported Monday that the British military had to call off a mission on the Libyan ruler's compound because journalists had been taken there on a trip to view earlier bomb damage.
    "British sources confirmed that seven Storm Shadow missiles were ready to be fired from a British aircraft, but the strikes had to be curtailed due to crews from CNN, Reuters and other organizations nearby," Griffin reported. She added that Fox correspondent Steve Harrigan avoided the government-sponsored trip because of concern about being used as a shield.
    CNN's Nic Robertson, who was part of the CNN crew cited in the Fox story, shot back on the air Monday night, calling the allegation "outrageous and absolutely hypocritical."
    "To say it was a human shield is nuts," Robertson said on Wolf Blitzer's primetime CNN show. "This allegation is outrageous and it's absolutely hypocritical. You know, when you come to somewhere like Libya, you expect lies and deceit from the dictatorship here. You don't expect it from the other journalists."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42211683...deastn_africa/

Roger,

She has already made an on-air apology as a matter of fact it was done LAST NIGHT on the Gretta Van Sustrin (sp) show HOURS after she made the original report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_838906.html

She openly stated that it was her opinion and those of the wider body of journalists present that the GOVERNMENT SPONSORED tour was in fact a tactic to "protect" the compound.

She said that there were NO fox news personal present but that she was mistaken and there was in fact a security guard present.

As a journalist, I would hope that if there is another view point it would be presentened.....if that is what she felt was the goal of the tour then why not tell it to the people...what was wrong with doing that.

I really don’t think anyone feels that Qudafia is a warm and fuzzy kind of leader, and if the rest of the media outlets want to portray his "tour" as a means to open up to the world and show us all how he is being "misrepresented" then that is their purgative...if FOX wants to give a flip side of the coin and report that it could be a tactic to delay the destruction of his infrastructure then so be it.

NCA

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Roger,

She has already made an on-air apology as a matter of fact it was done LAST NIGHT on the Gretta Van Sustrin (sp) show HOURS after she made the original report.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_838906.html

She openly stated that it was her opinion and those of the wider body of journalists present that the GOVERNMENT SPONSORED tour was in fact a tactic to "protect" the compound.

She said that there were NO fox news personal present but that she was mistaken and there was in fact a security guard present.

As a journalist, I would hope that if there is another view point it would be presentened.....if that is what she felt was the goal of the tour then why not tell it to the people...what was wrong with doing that.

I really don’t think anyone feels that Qudafia is a warm and fuzzy kind of leader, and if the rest of the media outlets want to portray his "tour" as a means to open up to the world and show us all how he is being "misrepresented" then that is their purgative...if FOX wants to give a flip side of the coin and report that it could be a tactic to delay the destruction of his infrastructure then so be it.

NCA
    Yes Faux News always gives the flip side whether it is true or not. CNN said the part about human shields was not true.

I loved it that the word got out that the Faux "journalists" rarely ever get out of the hotel. What a surprise.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I loved it that the word got out that the Faux "journalists" rarely ever get out of the hotel. What a surprise.
    I think the security guards write the stories and the Faux reporters claim the work as their own.

Seriously...both of you two....this is a no go story.....

This is the best your media can do when they know the AMERICAN people are pissed at their messiah for his lack of commitment Ohhh what now I'm commited wait now I'm not again...

Congress and their own party is up at arms with this phony tough guy and his lack of leadership...why isn't anyone reporting on that...

Ahhhh I know why...because they and their followers (insert you) are to busy reporting on this

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Seriously...both of you two....this is a no go story.....

This is the best your media can do when they know the AMERICAN people are pissed at their messiah for his lack of commitment Ohhh what now I'm commited wait now I'm not again...

Congress and their own party is up at arms with this phony tough guy and his lack of leadership...why isn't anyone reporting on that...

Ahhhh I know why...because they and their followers (insert you) are to busy reporting on this

NCA

Thanks for the good laugh. I needed a little cheering up after my wife totaled her care this morning.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Lets see Fox has had Steve Centani and his cameraman taken hostage and held for ransom by an extremist group, and Greg Palkot was beat up in Egypt..dont think they got that from their hotel rooms
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Unhappy

Thanks for the good laugh. I needed a little cheering up after my wife totaled her care this morning.
    I'm sorry to hear your wife totaled her care....

I hope her car is ok...

She might need it to get care...

NCA

We all know if it did not come from cnn or messnbc its not ture