The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks on Pres. BHO

Default Garth Brooks on Pres. BHO

Well Garth just lost a long time fan...ME...I figure he, like the Dixie Chicks will lose many more of his core base

Grammy award-winning singer Garth Brooks told CNSNews.com that he "fully" supports President Barack Obama and that it must be "hell" serving as President of the United States.....

"Yeah, I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out. I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office," said Brooks.
    Brooks' comments come as many celebrities who supported President Obama in the 2008 election including Matt Damon and Barbra Streisand have publicly expressed disappointment in President Obama.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Well Garth just lost a long time fan...ME...I figure he, like the Dixie Chicks will lose many more of his core base
    Does it seem to anyone else that some entertainers just don't think very deeply ? I'm sure not proud of some of the Okies who have made it to the big time. At least in the brain department they seem to lack something major. I guess we can't expect them to be good at everything. I still think that our prez lacks insight into many things. His IQ may be good but that is not all it takes to reason things out.

Can't someone be a fan of a person's music and talent, regardless of a disagreement on who you support?

If I saw George Strait come out and support Sarah Palin, I'd think that politically he's an idiot, but would still be a huge fan of his.

I think we're too polarized in this country. We ignore our similarities, and dwell on differences, to the point its paralyzed our gov't.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Along with Parrot Head
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Can't someone be a fan of a person's music and talent, regardless of a disagreement on who you support?

If I saw George Strait come out and support Sarah Palin, I'd think that politically he's an idiot, but would still be a huge fan of his.

I think we're too polarized in this country. We ignore our similarities, and dwell on differences, to the point its paralyzed our gov't.
    Nope, it isn't Joe and Randy at the coffee shop. Its a major star in a major venue influencing people. By supporting him you give him more power.

BTW my statement is true regardless of the side your own.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

You wouldn't be watching much movies or TV or listening to much music if you only listened to people you agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Nope, it isn't Joe and Randy at the coffee shop. Its a major star in a major venue influencing people. By supporting him you give him more power.

BTW my statement is true regardless of the side your own.
    If people are that easily influenced, then we're in trouble. I would never vote for someone because someone who can sing likes them!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I did not know garth was even around any more. So really who cares what he thinks.

If people are that easily influenced, then we're in trouble. I would never vote for someone because someone who can sing likes them!
    How the hell do you think Obama got elected? Hope and change regards
    Bill Davis

Yes we are in trouble. Yes I know that you would never vote for someone who can only sing. It's the rest of the voting populace that I worry about.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon