The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Garth Brooks on Pres. BHO

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Cody....

I do believe you have seen one of his movies.....WE ALL HAVE!!!!!!!!!

TOP GUN ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA
    I try and block that out

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I try and block that out
    Dont we all!!!!!!!!!

"Slider, You stink!!!!"

NCA

Cody,

Was watching another of the best movies ever (Jeremiah Johnson) and saw some commercials for The Shawshank Redemption....it's on tonight (Sat) at 8 pm on AMC.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Well Garth just lost a long time fan...ME...I figure he, like the Dixie Chicks will lose many more of his core base
    Hey Bon.. what's the big deal ??? Remember "He's got friends in LOW places " and that is all i have to say about Garth Brooks and Obongo...
    BobbyB
    cajun

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Cody,

Was watching another of the best movies ever (Jeremiah Johnson) and saw some commercials for The Shawshank Redemption....it's on tonight (Sat) at 8 pm on AMC.

It is sad how many of the great actors and actresses are so damned liberal. No wonder they were all suspect back in the days after WWII...when "..if your mommie is a commie, ya gotta turn her in."

Does it stem from white guilt? That certainly was the case with Hanoi Jane, and she was a drool in her day. Shawshank was a classic. So were many of the Danny Glover bits when he starred with Gibson, who I also thought was reedeemable until recently. I'll still watch his "Forever Young" flick, tho.

About the only Hollywood types I hold in high esteem are the late Charleton Heston, (who, during the Clinton years was MY President) and Tom Selleck. His current TV series is just super. I also enjoyed that series he produced as the chief of police in Paradise.

It's seldom that you see a CW star claim to be liberal...most are of the conservative persuasion, but they seldom flaunt it. After Waylon and Johnny passed away, we didn't hear much from that crowd, with the exception of Willie's tax problems. One of those original 'liberal' Highwaymen that Waylon always thought should grow up was Kris Kristofferson, but he's hardly heard from anymore.

Those 4 on the blue collar tour didn't have many 'liberal' tendancies. Always enjoyed those dudes, although it got occasionally over the top with blue material. When I'm surfing, I frequently land on a channel featuring Ron White, who I'll happily spend time with.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    It is sad how many of the great actors and actresses are so damned liberal. No wonder they were all suspect back in the days after WWII...when "..if your mommie is a commie, ya gotta turn her in."

Does it stem from white guilt? That certainly was the case with Hanoi Jane, and she was a drool in her day. Shawshank was a classic. So were many of the Danny Glover bits when he starred with Gibson, who I also thought was reedeemable until recently. I'll still watch his "Forever Young" flick, tho.

About the only Hollywood types I hold in high esteem are the late Charleton Heston, (who, during the Clinton years was MY President) and Tom Selleck. His current TV series is just super. I also enjoyed that series he produced as the chief of police in Paradise.

It's seldom that you see a CW star claim to be liberal...most are of the conservative persuasion, but they seldom flaunt it. After Waylon and Johnny passed away, we didn't hear much from that crowd, with the exception of Willie's tax problems. One of those original 'liberal' Highwaymen that Waylon always thought should grow up was Kris Kristofferson, but he's hardly heard from anymore.

Those 4 on the blue collar tour didn't have many 'liberal' tendancies. Always enjoyed those dudes, although it got occasionally over the top with blue material. When I'm surfing, I frequently land on a channel featuring Ron White, who I'll happily spend time with.

UB
    After the dixie chicks I doubt many country stars are going to claim they are liberals lol.

@Hew
    I don't have cable or satellite so missed it this week end. We only use Netflix or the internet for our TV needs if its not on local channels. I'll check out netflix and see if it's on there!

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Nope, it isn't Joe and Randy at the coffee shop. Its a major star in a major venue influencing people. By supporting him you give him more power.

BTW my statement is true regardless of the side your own.
    He is a hasn't been influencing anyone in almost 20yrs
    Chris~