The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Health Care Reform Quiz

Default Health Care Reform Quiz

http://healthreform.kff.org/quizzes/...form-quiz.aspx

Interesting quiz & analysis. 10 questions. Takes only a couple of minutes to complete.

I got 9 out of 10 correct.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

9 of 10. Bet I missed the same one you did.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

The analysis of how different groups answered different questions was as interesting as the quiz. I didn't fit in with the high-scorers very well.

It seems that the bulk of the responders really only got 50% of the answers correct, so the fact that people might not approve of the law is immaterial if they don't understand it.

Still can't believe that they can continue Medicare benefits without change and do all the other stuff and not have it cost more. Can't wrap my mind around that.

Also don't quite understand how illegal immigrants will not get some benefits since they can get all kinds of other benefits for which it would appear they are ineligible.

Startling mention in the NYT that there are 2 million El Salvadorans in the US (it didn't mention how many are illegal) ... and that # is 1/3 of the # of El Salvadorans who are living in El Salvadore.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

7/10.

Analysis was indeed interesting.
    MSNBC had the most 'high' scores, followed by CNN, and lastly Fox viewers.

Gerry, I pondered the same points you mentioned. Also, wording was a little tricky on a few. No, the plan does not require employers to provide coverage, but does offer financial incentives to do so. Some would argue that is requiring, in a big brother kind of way.

Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-23-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Thank you!
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The analysis of how different groups answered different questions was as interesting as the quiz. I didn't fit in with the high-scorers very well.

It seems that the bulk of the responders really only got 50% of the answers correct, so the fact that people might not approve of the law is immaterial if they don't understand it.

Still can't believe that they can continue Medicare benefits without change and do all the other stuff and not have it cost more. Can't wrap my mind around that.

Also don't quite understand how illegal immigrants will not get some benefits since they can get all kinds of other benefits for which it would appear they are ineligible.

Startling mention in the NYT that there are 2 million El Salvadorans in the US (it didn't mention how many are illegal) ... and that # is 1/3 of the # of El Salvadorans who are living in El Salvadore.
    The bill cuts costs of fraud and uses this reduction in medicare benefits to offset costs of the bill. /wonder why these cost savings have not been done in the past if they are there and it is possible to eliminate them.

Illegal immigrants already receive medicaid benefits. If an illegal already has had or is going to have a baby, then this baby is a American citizen and the mother is eligible forall sorts of benefits. Given that the bill is over 2000 ages, it is reasonable to suspect that when the regulations are written, these benefits will be expanded. Remember Pres. Obama said "IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR INSURANCE". We now know that that statement was false. I guess that if GWB had said it, at least one who posts on this forum would have called him a liar. So far over 1000 waivers have been given from the bill and it supposedly hasn't even been implemented yet. I guess that if you are one of those who don't get the waiver then you are just screwed. I've said it before and i'll say it again. The most honest thing Nancy Pelosi said was that we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it(this is a parephrase)>

7/10....

could have been 8 but I went on my knowledge of the origional bill...I missed the "death pannel" question, I had forgot that they did infact drop that portion of the bill, which gave physicians payment for end of life consultation.

the other two I flat out missed...I thought that small business did not recieve a tax credit but it appear they will, and I thought that medicare would recieve cuts to benifits, it appears that only medicare advantage will.

NCA

I missed the question on whether there would be a Fed insurance program. My mind equated the State "exchanges" with a Fed plan since the bill does mandate the state exchanges (I think).

PA is scrapping its program for working-poor adults. The monthly premium was something like $36/mo. If the premium had been a little higher all along, might the program have survived in the end? The Blues had also contributed to funding that program, since they had substantial reserves.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com