The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: KUDOs to Continental

Default KUDOs to Continental

Had a pup to ship from New Orleans to Newark on Wednesday. Continental had a direct flight that departed NO at 6:40 AM. New regs say that the animal must be at the airport 2 hours prior to flight and the cargo office doesn't open until 5 AM. The lady booking the flight called someone and it was agreed that they would make an exception since it was so close to the 2 hour rule.

We are 90 miles from NO so I had to leave about 3 AM - UGH. No traffic at that time of the morning so I arrived at 4:35. All the lights were on and the office was open for business. As I got out of the car a gentleman comes to the car and takes the pup/crate and says,'we've been waiting for you, Good Morning'. All the paper work was waiting and I was out of the office at 5 AM.

I thanked them profusely and told them how much I appreciated their help. They said that they were notified of the shipment and were asked to expedite the shipment. sNo one could have received better or friendlier treatment. This was definitely service with a smile.

The pup arrived on time and the new owners called to say how nice the people in Newark were and they were so pleased with the pup. All's well that ends well and this one started and ended very well.

This is way over the normal treatment from other airlines and I did and do so appreciate it.
    Continental was and still is my Airline of choice.
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Nice to finally hear a good report on flying a dog!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Banned

Continental has ALWAYS done good with shipping my puppies.

The other carriers should take notice.

As long as their customer service and care of the animals continues, they will always be my first choice.

WRL