The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOP looked for ways to punish Wisconsin Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I would say that the democratic senators slowed down the process so the people of Wisconsin knew and understood what was going to happen to them.
    They did know.

That is why WE elected the Republicans.

They represent us!!!
    By the GUTLESS act of cutting and running (which is what your ilk does---cowardly) the Crybaby whiney hippy Democrats disenfranchised our votes.

It is a pathetic desperate tactic that is showing America what you progressives really are about.

And that you are herded by the UNION BOSSES!!!!

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

to every one who is whineing about them ram rodding this bill through how do you think the health care reform bill got passed not 1 single rep. voted for it. who said elections have consequences and didn't seem to care about what any one else thought they wouldn't even let any one read the bill. remember we have to pass it to find out whats in it. i also think it's funny all those absent dems. from wis. and ind. came to il. where the dems. passed a tax hike to bail out our state. it was told that it was temporary but how many times have you heard that crap it will never happen. the only thing they are good at is raising taxes it's no wonder that there is no jobs in il. sorry for the long post but i'm tired of people trying to make them into heros

If we allow our representitives to bail everytime they understand they are going to lose, then we are allowing a loss of representation, loss of freedom, and loss of our VOTE..

I think those folks should not only be fired, but arrested as well.. JMHDAO

I would not send out the police to take them into custody. They were also elected to serve the people and if they did what they did to protect the people they serve what is wrong with that? The Republicans wanted to ram rod through a law that the people the senators represented did not want passed into law.
    Then they should have stayed and voted against it. That is how democracy works. If the people don't like it, they can vote them out the next time around. Elections have consequences.

Typical liberal response " I don't like the outcome so I will subvert the rules".
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Then they should have stayed and voted against it. That is how democracy works. If the people don't like it, they can vote them out the next time around. Elections have consequences.

Typical liberal response " I don't like the outcome so I will subvert the rules".
    And what did you think of the "R's" wanting to put an end to the fillibuster law to serve their own purposes???????

Senate Republicans' Bid to Destroy the Filibuster Option, And Push Through Ultraconservative Federal Judges:</SPAN>
    It Seems Likely the "Nuclear Option" Actually Will Be Used

By JOHN W. DEANFriday, Apr. 08, 2005
    A new political campaign is underway. It was launched this week.
    On one side are the Bush White House and Senate conservatives. The White House seeks to pack the federal judiciary with ultra-conservative judges and justices. Ultimately, the goal is to place far-right justices on the U.S. Supreme Court. (Given the age of several justices, and the poor health of the Chief Justice, one or more vacancies are expected at the end of the current term, in June.)
    Toward this goal, Senate Republicans - now enjoying a 55-45 majority due to the 2004 election -- are campaigning to end filibustering of such nominations. This would require a Senate rule change - an option that is referred to candidly as the "nuclear option" and euphemistically (by Republicans) as "the constitutional option." If such a change is sought, it will likely happen when one or more of Bush's pending judicial nominees return to the Senate floor this month
    Ironically, it is the conservatives who seek to obliterate the Senate's two-hundred- year-old tradition of unlimited debate. Indeed, they are avid about it: On April 4, an assembly of conservative organizations held a briefing at the National Press Club -- doubtless meant to keep the pressure on Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist.
    http://writ.corporate.findlaw.com/dean/20050408.html

And what did you think of the "R's" wanting to put an end to the fillibuster law to serve their own purposes???????

Senate Republicans' Bid to Destroy the Filibuster Option, And Push Through Ultraconservative Federal Judges:</SPAN>

On one side are the Bush White House and Senate conservatives. The White House seeks to pack the federal judiciary with ultra-conservative judges and justices. Ultimately, the goal is to place far-right justices on the U.S. Supreme Court. (Given the age of several justices, and the poor health of the Chief Justice, one or more vacancies are expected at the end of the current term, in June.)
    Toward this goal, Senate Republicans - now enjoying a 55-45 majority due to the 2004 election -- are campaigning to end filibustering of such nominations. This would require a Senate rule change - an option that is referred to candidly as the "nuclear option" and euphemistically (by Republicans) as "the constitutional option." If such a change is sought, it will likely happen when one or more of Bush's pending judicial nominees return to the Senate floor this month
    Ironically, it is the conservatives who seek to obliterate the Senate's two-hundred- year-old tradition of unlimited debate. Indeed, they are avid about it: On April 4, an assembly of conservative organizations held a briefing at the National Press Club -- doubtless meant to keep the pressure on Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist.
    Hey, Roger, are you aware that one of your GUTLESS "Flee Baggers" has proposed a bill to stop future flights of fright from the WI Senate to avoid votes?

That's how ashamed of the GUTLESS, COWARDLY effort he is.

But you tell us all about it.

(my bad)

stan b
    Last edited by road kill; 03-24-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Since you asked- I was not OK with it and I was not OK with it when the dems were considering doing the same for the health care vote.

But I also believe that the dems should have allowed an up or down vote with in the rules for federal judges.

Unlike some on the left here who constantly throw around the word "hypocrite", I am not one. Are you?
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    And so instead of doing that job, if as you say the specific folk in the specific districts WANTED them to do.
    To which I would read as being on the floor debating and challenging and re-writing and compromising and promising.
    You know, all the things our elected lawmakers are paid to do………
    They RAN AWAY AND HID.
    [FONT=Georgia]If I was one of those specific voters I would be very mad.[/FONT]
    They should be flogged on the pubic square.

Like all things political.........I suspect if you were a WI republican, you WOULD be mad. OTOH, if you were a WI democrat, you would NOT be mad.

Which ox is getting gored regards.....
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Roger -

The WI republicans raised and discarded all of these proposals. I don't believe any were acted on. Is your highlighting intended to make it appear that they did?

Are you saying that the way of politics should be that the minority party just drags up and leaves and refuses to participate? Candidly, that's not only sophomoric, it's also c*ickens*it.....if I can't make the rules, I'll take my ball and go home.

Eric

There is always MORE to the story.

He is the MORE!!!

Judge Sumi’s Husband Donated to Three of Badger 14
    by Media Trackers
    There was already cause for Judge Maryann Sumi to have recused herself in the collective bargaining lawsuit since her son, Jake Sinderbrand is a former employee of the AFL-CIO and SEIU, now more conflict of interests have been discovered.

Judge Sumi’s husband, Carl Sinderbrand donated to the campaigns of three of the “Badger 14″: Dave Hansen, Jim Holperin and Robert Wirch. Additionally Sinderbrand donated to Tom Barrett in his fight against Scott Walker for the governorship.

Judge Sumi’s family has a history of strong ties to unions and a pattern of financially supporting only democratic candidates. This is not the impartiality Wisconsin deserves on the bench.

http://biggovernment.com/mtrackers/2...-of-badger-14/

WOW!!!

stan b
    Stan b & Elvis