The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: are you better off now than before obama

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If the question were is the Nation in a better place, unequivicably NO!!

It's never been in a more disgusting place, without question.

But the "dumbing down" of America is the progressive's dream, and they love to wallow in this swamp of mediocrity.
    And if they don't get their way, there is no depth or slime they won't crawl in to get it.

RK
    You are right RK. Put another way, as long as the Gov. rewards those that consume but do not produce and punishes those that consume less that they produce,j those that produce will be worse off. Those that look at wealth as a finite pie to be devided using something they call social justice and not as wealth to be created will always make excuses for those that have less and blame it on those that have more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    No I am not better off! My remodeling business has gone way downhill last year and has pretty much died for the past 4-5 months. Fuel prices have gone up to $4.50/gal and are still rising. I've had to raise my rates to pay for the fuel increases but there's no work so that won't be any help. Food prices are going through the roof because of the fuel cost. And, to top it all off my great great grandkids are still going to be stuck for paying of the national debt!

BHB
    They will be paying for the National Debt that GW Bush created. Your great great great grandkids will then start to pay off the National Debt that Obama created.

Absolutely NO! Gas prices are up as are NC gas taxes. Food prices have gone way up and I definitely spend more time checking the grocery ads and comparing prices in the store. My house has gone down in value but my property taxes have gone up. The same for my rental properties. The houses are worth less but I pay more in property taxes. NC state sales tax has gone up. I smoke (yeah yeah I know) and both the federal and state tax on a pack of smokes has gone way up. Beer and wine tax has gone up. The price of dog food has gone way up and I have 4 dogs. The list goes on and on.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

To paraphrase some here, "That all depends on how you qualify the question".

Wages? No.
    Job likability? No.
    Taxes? No.
    Cost of living? No.

Love of and appreciation for family & friends? YES!
    Thanks to Divine Providence for things that could be worse, aren't YES!
    Getting rid of "stuff" and simplifying? YES!
    Getting more active in political process/re-learning American History? YES!

"It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

With the US being $14,000,000,000,000 in the hole, even if you think you are better off, you are not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Absolutely NO! Gas prices are up as are NC gas taxes. Food prices have gone way up and I definitely spend more time checking the grocery ads and comparing prices in the store. My house has gone down in value but my property taxes have gone up. The same for my rental properties. The houses are worth less but I pay more in property taxes. NC state sales tax has gone up. I smoke (yeah yeah I know) and both the federal and state tax on a pack of smokes has gone way up. Beer and wine tax has gone up. The price of dog food has gone way up and I have 4 dogs. The list goes on and on.
    Quit smoking and it will save you alot of money. If you continue to smoke, I hope the government triples the tax on cigarettets and cigars I do not smoke so raising the taxes on tobacco products will not hurt me in the least.. I drink very little and hope the government raises the tax on liquor 10 times what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    They will be paying for the National Debt that GW Bush created. Your great great great grandkids will then start to pay off the National Debt that Obama created.
    Only an idiot like you would add a wink to this statement.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Health insurance agent and consultant, oil and gas investor, real estate investor, son who is a real estate agent - no, we are not better off.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If the question were is the Nation in a better place, unequivicably NO!!

It's never been in a more disgusting place, without question.

But the "dumbing down" of America is the progressive's dream, and they love to wallow in this swamp of mediocrity.
    And if they don't get their way, there is no depth or slime they won't crawl in to get it.

RK
    LMAO, Stan you have such a way with words! This is one of your best yet. So sad but so true. Let's keep dumbing down the schools so the lowest common denominator can 'graduate' while throwing more money at the education bureaucracy, and churning out more and more functionally illiterate morons.

And let's keep on increasing the entitlement programs and adding more of them, especially those that encourage more non working slime to cross our borders and breed even more of the same. They may be parasites on society but hey they can vote and we all know who'll get those votes in exchange for promises of even more free shit. After all we can always keep taxing the rich to pay for it all....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Quit smoking and it will save you alot of money. If you continue to smoke, I hope the government triples the tax on cigarettets and cigars I do not smoke so raising the taxes on tobacco products will not hurt me in the least.. I drink very little and hope the government raises the tax on liquor 10 times what it is now.
    Tax someone else's sins not mine? Is that your attitude?
    That is what is wrong with this country. Not one word about quit spending money. With that attitude I could come up with a long list of taxable actions.
    A tax for every pound a person is overweight would be a good start. Notice I do not advocate a tax on soda or chips because if you work out and burn it off you should not pay for the 600lb person that walks across the floor and shakes the building.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI