The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: are you better off now than before obama

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I keep my beliefs in God to myself.
    You may go to Church as a social hour event, to show how pious you are, and to profess your political beliefs, but please, leave me out of your little commenteries about God. I don't use God as a political tool. You go right ahead.

It was your boy who went to harvard and yale. I went to stupid little ol Texas A&M. Guess I can't compete with you Wisconsin elites.

You set the standard for arrogance and pompousness.
    "I'll give you that you are consistent.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

By a poster that doesn't have the kahones to walk to the line................"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Most conservatives beleive total wisdom lies within God.
    RK
    Might be. Though I haven't seen any evidence on Potus God has shared any of that total wisdom with conservatives.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Post after post crying out for attention, laced with personal insults and concocted anecdotes and the propensity for the over use of personal pro-nouns.

RK
    Hey. If you don't want to hear my opinion, don't bring my name into your comments unsolicited. I hadn't said anything here, until YOU just couldn't resist using my name.

And its funny to hear about pronoun usage from the person who started an entire thread dedicated to one's self attempts at upland tests. Too bad Elvis doesn't run your keyboard...I'm sure he's much more modest and humble than his owner.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Hey. If you don't want to hear my opinion, don't bring my name into your comments unsolicited. I hadn't said anything here, until YOU just couldn't resist using my name.

And its funny to hear about pronoun usage from the person who started an entire thread dedicated to one's self attempts at upland tests. Too bad Elvis doesn't run your keyboard...I'm sure he's much more modest and humble than his owner.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I think the irony of your and dnf's statements and displayed mindset is in this;

Most conservatives beleive total wisdom lies within God.

Progressives beleive total wisdom lies within Harvard.

Wonder if I can hold my breath until the first "God" slam??

RK

I thought you gave up your childish antics. I will play right along however.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Might be. Though I haven't seen any evidence on Potus God has shared any of that total wisdom with conservatives.
    That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Hmmm....

We have a progressive Harvard educated constitutional scholar, and a neo-con Yale-daddy-bought-my-degree-braggin'-about-bein'-a-"C"-student" president..........

Now who's dummin' us down?

Oh yeah, one is reforming educational funding to make higher education affordable for working-class children by cutting Banksters out of the mix......and the other party is slashing funding for education and devaluing teachers......

Who's dummin' us down?
    No, actually Obama was a senior lecturer, not just a "scholar".
    So what does that show, that an erstwhile "professor" can do just as much, if not more, damage to our founding principles than a "C" student?

Oh yeah, one is also proposing to pour yet more money & Federal control into an constitutionally unjustified department that historically produces results in an inverse ratio to the amount of dollars and regulations applied.
    It's also the one that proposes to take over the complete dietary & health regimin "for the children" in addition to monitoring all their interaction & conversation to enforce zero tolerance for "bullying".
    In addition it's also the side that sends the message that "If you DO happen to make it through our bureaucratically bungled education experience and happen to make something of yourself besides working at our "new economy reality" of under-employment at McD's or Subway, we want to tax the crap out of you for your "evil rich" success.

The other side is at least having to courage to state that maybe the kids should be able to have a retirement somewhere down the line instead of being slaves all their lives to an out of control "cash addiction" that they had no part in creating and that the Founders said it was immoral to pass our debts down to.

Who's dummin who?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

Who's dummin who?
    You make good points.

I don't agree 100% with all them, but it raises good questions.

I don't want the gov't telling me what to eat. You and I are smart enough to figure that out. And in a free country, people should be free to stuff all the twinkies, beer, and cigarettes in their pie-holes as they want.

I do feel sorry for kids, who still have a chance to make the right decisions, if only someone would show them the choices they have. Is that the gov't's role...if the parents are out to lunch? I don't think so, but its hard to blame someone for trying.

But we stray off the topic. I hope in all our fiscal awakenings, we don't deny our best and brightest students a chance at higher education for lack of parents who plan or care for their kids.

As background, I semi-retired (quit my 9-5) 6 years ago. After 35 years working various jobs, I had acquired several rental properties (4 parcels with 25 units) and a 401K account that I projected would be sufficient to provide for my needs.

Today the 401k account is nearly back to its value of 6 years ago. While this is nice, the projections were that it should have grown by at least 50% at worst and over 100% if everything went as planned. While I don't plan on drawing any of this account for several more years, it is doubtful that it will ever reach the value that was expected when I retired.

I just received the annual state of the local rental market in today's mail. In 2005 the average price per unit for rental property in this area was over $95k. In 2010 it was at $65k. But in the 4th quarter of 2010 the average sale price was $53.7k. Further, the CAP rate has increased from 5.7% in 2005 to 7.25% today. Likewise, the value of my personal residence has decreased by nearly 40%. And the estimates are that things are not going to get better for some time. Employment in the area was nearly 900,000 in 2005, but is less than 810,000 today, with job losses in all sectors resulting in an unemployment rate of 12.5%. This rate is forecast to rise to 12.8% this year, and to not drop below 10% until 2015 at the earliest. I can see the effects of this unemployment in the number of people doubling up in an apartment, and an increase in renter turnover as people move in and out of the area. This increase in turnover requires an increase in maintenance and expenses. Further there are now several reports out that the housing market my be inflated by some inaccurate sales forecasting as in the following article:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42258117...n_the_economy/
    Many of these reports are predicting that there may be a second wave of property devaluation particularly in ag land and in residential housing.

Thankfully I was not overly leveraged and should be able to ride out this downturn with just a little belt tightening. However, it is causing me to postpone the liquidation of my properties until such time as their values improve. Which is causing me to postpone some travel plans and other retirement/dog activities until a future time.

T. Mac
    Last edited by T. Mac; 03-27-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

a hijack of sorts---it's cojones, not kahones. please make the appropriate correction. thank you.
    find me on the web