The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: are you better off now than before obama

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Quit smoking and it will save you alot of money. If you continue to smoke, I hope the government triples the tax on cigarettets and cigars I do not smoke so raising the taxes on tobacco products will not hurt me in the least.. I drink very little and hope the government raises the tax on liquor 10 times what it is now.
    Why Roger, I'm surprised at you. Don't you know taxing booze & smokes disproportionally affects the poor? Such a churlish and cavalier attitude coming from a good little liberal....tsk tsk.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If the question were is the Nation in a better place, unequivicably NO!!

It's never been in a more disgusting place, without question.

But the "dumbing down" of America is the progressive's dream, and they love to wallow in this swamp of mediocrity.
    And if they don't get their way, there is no depth or slime they won't crawl in to get it.

RK
    Hmmm....

We have a progressive Harvard educated constitutional scholar, and a neo-con Yale-daddy-bought-my-degree-braggin'-about-bein'-a-"C"-student" president..........

Now who's dummin' us down?

Oh yeah, one is reforming educational funding to make higher education affordable for working-class children by cutting Banksters out of the mix......and the other party is slashing funding for education and devaluing teachers......

Who's dummin' us down?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Bet Roger will never suggest we put a tax on government entitlement checks.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Hmmm....

We have a progressive Harvard educated constitutional scholar, and a neo-con Yale-daddy-bought-my-degree-braggin'-about-bein'-a-"C"-student" president..........

Oh yeah, one is reforming educational funding to make higher education affordable for working-class children by cutting Banksters out of the mix......and the other party is slashing funding for education and devaluing teachers......

Who's dummin' us down?
    People like YOU!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Yuk yuk yuk.

Thats a response full of substance. typical.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Hmmm....

Who's dummin' us down?

Is it any wonder that the top talking heads on the right, Limbaugh and Beck, never even made it through freshman year at college? Yet they represent themselves as the last word on foreign policy, economic policy, energy policy, etc. Heck, if you ask them, sure they would have chimed right in on Franco's thread when he asked if there were any nuclear accident experts on the forum. (I have a minor in nuclear engineering, so I knew enough to know what I don't know, and pretty much tried to keep my mouth shut.) You see, all our problems are just a matter of common sense, the kind that you hear from just plain folks sitting around the kitchen table. And hey, get a load of how much Limbaugh and Beck are pulling down. How much clearer indication of their unparalleled brilliance do ya need?

One of my favorite quotes:

There is always an easy solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken

Wonder if I can hold my breath till the fist "elitist" slam?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Hmmm....

Who's dummin' us down?
    Obumma pays absolutely no attention to the constitution. I personally do not consider him any sort of "Scholar".
    By the way, he also lacks in the common sense dept. I guess the pair of you have something in common.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Is it any wonder that the top talking heads on the right, Limbaugh and Beck, never even made it through freshman year at college? Yet they represent themselves as the last word on foreign policy, economic policy, energy policy, etc. Heck, if you ask them, sure they would have chimed right in on Franco's thread when he asked if there were any nuclear accident experts on the forum. (I have a minor in nuclear engineering, so I knew enough to know what I don't know, and pretty much tried to keep my mouth shut.) You see, all our problems are just a matter of common sense, the kind that you hear from just plain folks sitting around the kitchen table. And hey, get a load of how much Limbaugh and Beck are pulling down. How much clearer indication of their unparalleled brilliance do ya need?

One of my favorite quotes:

There is always an easy solution to every human problem—neat, plausible, and wrong. -- H. L. Mencken

Wonder if I can hold my breath till the fist "elitist" slam?
    I think the irony of your and dnf's statements and displayed mindset is in this;

Most conservatives beleive total wisdom lies within God.

Progressives beleive total wisdom lies within Harvard.

Wonder if I can hold my breath until the first "God" slam??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think the irony of your and dnf's statements and displayed mindset is in this;

Most conservatives beleive total wisdom lies within God.

Progressives beleive total wisdom lies within Harvard.

Wonder if I can hold my breath until the first "God" slam??

RK

I keep my beliefs in God to myself.
    You may go to Church as a social hour event, to show how pious you are, and to profess your political beliefs, but please, leave me out of your little commenteries about God. I don't use God as a political tool. You go right ahead.

It was your boy who went to harvard and yale. I went to stupid little ol Texas A&M. Guess I can't compete with you Wisconsin elites.

You set the standard for arrogance and pompousness.
    Last edited by dnf777; 03-26-2011 at 02:40 PM.

All things considered, I would have to say that I was much better off under Clinton, and that things have gone down hill ever since he left the White House. I believe we continue to pay for disastrous economic policies in Washington that reached pinnacles of stupidity during the first G. W. Bush administration from which we may not ever recover. I believe the current administration may have helped prevent the disaster from becoming worse, but that it has done little to make the situation better.