The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Speech Last Nite

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So instead of the rebels in Libya taking out Gadafi you would rather see Gadafi still in charge of Libya?????????? I did not know you were pro Gadafi
    Please explain how it is our business??

Thanks,

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

So instead of the rebels in Libya taking out Gadafi you would rather see Gadafi still in charge of Libya?????????? I did not know you were pro Gadafi
    I don't give a hoot who's in charge of Libya or even if there is a Libya. The US cannot continue to be the worlds savior and benefactor only to be dumped on as a reward. We can't afford it.

Maybe these countrys could hire us to do their fighting for them. They could pay for arms and for the volunteers who want to fight on their behalf. Run it like a business. Take the profits from this enterprise and use them along with private donations to fund humanitarian projects like helping Japan, hurricane/tsunami tragedies, etc. rather than using tax dollars.

We must stop funding the world only to have the world job in our ass!

That's all I have to say about that regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    And "who" is NATO? I.e. "Who" contributes 22% of the budget, as much as the next 2, France & Britian, combined?
    That's right, we're "handing it off" to OURSELVES!

As by far the pre-eminent player in NATO, and a nation historically reluctant to put its forces under operational foreign command, the United States will not be taking a back seat in the campaign even as its profile diminishes for public consumption.
    A Canadian three-star general was selected to be in charge of all NATO operations in Libya. His boss, the commander of NATOís Allied Joint Force Command Naples, is Sam J. Locklear III, an American admiral, and the admiralís boss is the Supreme Allied Commander Europe, a post always held by an American. The current SACEUR is Admiral James Stavridis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Sounds like their problem doesn't it? We are not the world police. We certainly can't afford to try to be either. I am pro American and this does not help us, our assets weren't being threatened by Libya. Now what happens if Gadhaffi stays in power? Is he going to start back up his nuclear program? Is he going to endorse terrorism, not a whole lot different then turning a blind eye, but different still. The ideal situation for US military, to me, is to protect the US and it's assets. It may seem harsh but I don't see the Libyan people as US assets.

Again there is genocide and crimes committed again people all over the world why is this different?
    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I don't give a hoot who's in charge of Libya or even if there is a Libya. The US cannot continue to be the worlds savior and benefactor only to be dumped on as a reward. We can't afford it.

Maybe these countrys could hire us to do their fighting for them. They could pay for arms and for the volunteers who want to fight on their behalf. Run it like a business. Take the profits from this enterprise and use them along with private donations to fund humanitarian projects like helping Japan, hurricane/tsunami tragedies, etc. rather than using tax dollars.

We must stop funding the world only to have the world job in our ass!

That's all I have to say about that regards,
    All this talk about funding......

Brian your right on the mark...but lets look at it like this (only because 22% doesnt quite cover it, specific to libya)

Currently... the USA is contrubuting 55 Million dollars a day to the cause that is only the dollar amount in Ordinance we have droped or shot at the libyan forces that does not count the man hours and salaries of personel involved.

Currently... the biggest aid to the USA led cause is England and they give 4.8 Million dollars a day...DOOOHHH!!!!

if you then combine the other 9 countries Spain, Denmark, Canada, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Beligum, Norway (levaving out Qutar because it is laughable) and give them the benifit of the doubt and say they are contributing as much as England (which THEY ARE NOT...especially spain and Greece, probally Norway as well) that TOTALS 43.2 MILLION a day.

Let's look at this again.....USA = 55 Million a day.

ALL other countries combined = 48 Million a day.

SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you all HIT IT ON THE HEAD!!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO STOP BEING THE WORLDS POLICE!!!! WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT!!!

NCA

I am "pro-Quaddafi" only to the extent that I am more anti- Al Quaeda and concerned about the, mostly, ignored reports of their involvement in this rebellion.

How in the hell can we tell our troops to go fight & kill these guys when they're the "bad guys" in Iraq and then turn around tell them to protect the slime when they go back home to Libya?
    Please explain how that's NOT schizophrenic?

If you want to go along with PBO's pretensions that, somehow, by putting on a "NATO" beret, it somehow changes the fact that it's our guys flying the AC-130's & A-10's over hostile territory, that's fine by me.
    But the people on the ground are still going hate us just the same as soon as we're done being their "useful tools".
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I couldn't say it any better...tell 'em Ron!

http://lincolntribune.com/?p=8615
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I am "pro-Quaddafi" only to the extent that I am more anti- Al Quaeda and concerned about the, mostly, ignored reports of their involvement in this rebellion.

How in the hell can we tell our troops to go fight & kill these guys when they're the "bad guys" in Iraq and then turn around tell them to protect the slime when they go back home to Libya?
    Please explain how that's NOT schizophrenic?

If you want to go along with PBO's pretensions that, somehow, by putting on a "NATO" beret, it somehow changes the fact that it's our guys flying the AC-130's & A-10's over hostile territory, that's fine by me.
    But the people on the ground are still going hate us just the same as soon as we're done being their "useful tools".
    Do you mean like the people in Iraq and Afghanistan?????

Alot of what I am hearing ( from those obscure journalistic types who are usually proven right over time) is that many hezbala,hammas ,alquita and the moslum brotherhood are fighting along side the rebels.
    Wouldn't that be the nail in Obama's coffin or would it. I'm sure he could he'd walk away smelling like a rose either way.

Pete

Do you mean like the people in Iraq and Afghanistan?????
    Exactly like that...so are you consenting finally that this is a bad idea since you are so against those two wars?

Who's next? North Korea? China?

Banned

All you righties are more anti-Obama than pro or anti anything else. You complained when Obama did not do anything in Libya then when he took action you complained that he did someting. You either complained that he took too long to make a decision or you are now complaining he is helping the rebels to get out of Gadafi's control.

It is getting close to the 2012 elections and not one solid Republican candidate has emerged to run against him. Looks like you could be complaining for another 5 and a half years.