The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speech Last Nite

I too watched his speech.
    Why is it that the press and the "people" of our country need to know so many details of the decisions that our goverment makes with regards to our military or National Security?
    Do you really think that it would be advantages of our Pres. Obama or General ??? to list the exact details of everything that we(U.S.)is planning to do?
    Surprise has always been the best move when it comes to any game or military action.
    The popular vote voted in office our current President.
    Shouldn't we now trust him with his decision making???
    Just saying...............
    Popping a big bag of popcorn for your responses to go along with the "Golden Thread". Think I might need my own pair of rose-colored glasses for that one though.
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    I too watched his speech.
    Why is it that the press and the "people" of our country need to know so many details of the decisions that our goverment makes with regards to our military or National Security?
    Do you really think that it would be advantages of our Pres. Obama or General ??? to list the exact details of everything that we(U.S.)is planning to do?
    Surprise has always been the best move when it comes to any game or military action.
    Popping a big bag of popcorn for your responses to go along with the "Golden Thread". Think I might need my own pair of rose-colored glasses for that one though.
    Only when there is a Democratic President the other party can keep secrets and the righties won't question him/her

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

I watched the speech last night, like you, I didn't understand what he said either.

Didn't mean to insult you.

stan b

I tried to listen but I had too many things competing for my attention to focus. Probably better that I don't make a joke about matters of life and death.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

You guys complain because you want to hear personal opinions and don't want to debate quotes and opinions of columnists, then you complain when a guy uses a personal pronoun when relating his opinion and personal experiences. Pretty rich.
    Buzz, it was meant as humor but now that you mention it, I don't want to ever hear what Obama has to say unless it's "I quit".

A quick review of the text of last nights ramblings show that he referred to himself as "I", "we" or "me" almost 70 times in one speach. A pace that rivals anyone here.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I'm sorry I guess I fail to see what difference it makes "IF" the Pres. uses I or we how many times.
    I was watching because I was looking to see what "Our Country's" next step is in this dogfight.
    My nephew is an Army reservist and I don't want him back overseas again for the 3rd time.
    First 2x as a Marine.
    Guess "I'm" being a wee bit selfish.
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

For one interpretation, may I suggest that you read:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rc=nl_opinions

http://tinyurl.com/46f8o5u

Eric

Considering the make-up of rthe popular vote that elected him the answer is no.
    Should I post the example of the person who voted for Obama so they would no longer have to pay for gas in their car etc???
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I'm sorry I guess I fail to see what difference it makes "IF" the Pres. uses I or we how many times.
    I was watching because I was looking to see what "Our Country's" next step is in this dogfight.
    My nephew is an Army reservist and I don't want him back overseas again for the 3rd time.
    First 2x as a Marine.
    It's because "HE" didn't do diddly squat. He's a puppet doing the bidding of his handlers. He takes all the credit and accepts no blame. The only thing is there is nothing for him to take credit for.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

You guys are right. He should have just declared victory

First 2x as a Marine.
    You're not being selfish and nobody can blame you for not wanting your nephew shipped overseas for a 3rd time. The solution to that problem is to bring back the draft because if our mission is so important then everybody should be required to participate in this freaking war including the sons, daughters and grandkids of this nations political leadership...both sides of the aisle.

To lead by example maybe our President should put little Malaria and Sharia in ROTC uniforms and teach them to left, right, left and when they're old enough to shoot a gun ship them overseas to fight a war that's so important.

We live in Cuba now.