The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: LEO & Building Inspectors shut down "Birthing Houses"

  1. #1
    Senior Member sinned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    escaping FIB-land
    Posts
    150

    Default LEO & Building Inspectors shut down "Birthing Houses"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us

    "Arriving as Pregnant Tourists, Leaving With American Babies"

    "The State Department, which grants tourist visas, is not permitted to deny visa applications simply because a woman is pregnant"

    Unbelievable! Thing is its not any one particular administration's fault.

    Seems like limiting the potential liability of medical professional's exposure is a pretty good reason and business decisions. A foreign national who is more than 3 months pregnant requesting a 6 month visa will probably deliver her baby here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us

    "Arriving as Pregnant Tourists, Leaving With American Babies"

    "The State Department, which grants tourist visas, is not permitted to deny visa applications simply because a woman is pregnant"

    Unbelievable! Thing is its not any one particular administration's fault.

    Seems like limiting the potential liability of medical professional's exposure is a pretty good reason and business decisions. A foreign national who is more than 3 months pregnant requesting a 6 month visa will probably deliver her baby here.

    If they are here LEGALLY and they PAY for it.....no problem.



    Just sayin'.....

    RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #3
    Senior Member sinned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    escaping FIB-land
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If they are here LEGALLY and they PAY for it.....no problem.
    did you actually READ the article?

    so you are ok with foreigners coming here with the sole purposed of exploiting the 14th amendment so that their babies get us citizenship as long as they PAY for it?

  4. #4
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    did you actually READ the article?

    so you are ok with foreigners coming here with the sole purposed of exploiting the 14th amendment so that their babies get us citizenship as long as they PAY for it?

    Yes I actually read the article.

    If they are here LEGALLY and the PAY for it, what's the beef??
    If they are here ILLEGALLY and we PAY for it........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #5
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    did you actually READ the article?

    so you are ok with foreigners coming here with the sole purposed of exploiting the 14th amendment so that their babies get us citizenship as long as they PAY for it?
    Its frustrating. Its exploitation of a system designed to protect people. Its BS. But its been going on since the 14th Amendment was enacted.

    I wouldn't be opposed to tweaking the 14th, as it was never intended for this purpose. While we're at it, I'd like to see a person defined as an actual human being, not corporation or trust, or any other business entity.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #6
    Senior Member sinned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    escaping FIB-land
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If they are here LEGALLY and the PAY for it, what's the beef??
    If they are here ILLEGALLY and we PAY for it........
    RK
    so you are saying that citizenship can be BOUGHT and not earned? think about it.

    by your argument, anyone paying can come here, have their baby and the baby can automatically becomes a us citizen. ???

  7. #7
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post

    by your argument, anyone paying can come here, have their baby and the baby can automatically becomes a us citizen. ???


    Well actually, I believe that is what the 14th Amendment provides. Except it's not limited to who can pay, it also applies to those who run, jump or swim over without benefit of visa too. Personally I think getting rid of the anchor baby birthright provision is long overdue; we had plenty of space and resources for all when that amendment was enacted. Now we've finally realized our resources are finite and the once-endless well of money streaming out to whelp, feed, house and educate the spawn of the illegals is tapped out as well.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  8. #8
    Senior Member LokiMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    613

    Default

    But isn't this the "problem" with Freedom? People can exploit our freedom all the time, just look at 9/11 for starters. Freedom gives you the right to do many things, good and bad. Not that I like the bad...
    Kevin Entwistle

    WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010


    "That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    so you are saying that citizenship can be BOUGHT and not earned? think about it.

    by your argument, anyone paying can come here, have their baby and the baby can automatically becomes a us citizen. ???
    I am saying we are a nation of laws.
    I don't like all of them.
    But we don't get to pick and choose what we obey.

    If we start doing that we will become "middle of the road independents!"
    (progressives)


    You don't really want that, do you?


    Just askin'........

    Don't like the law?
    Change it.


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #10
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

    Now we've finally realized our resources are finite and the once-endless well of money streaming out to whelp, feed, house and educate the spawn of the illegals is tapped out as well.
    I agree 100% with this statement but, how else will the Democrats be able to grow thier ranks?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •