The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Santorum blames abortion for Social Security woes

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What an idiot! Last thing we need is more people.

Compare out standard of living in 1950 when we were a nation of 150 million to now where we are over 300 million. And what was the tax rate? What percentage of labor was unionized? All interesting comparisons!

No comparison!

We love to bash the Dems here on POTUS but the reality is there are just as many idiots like Santorium on both sides of the isle!
    That, I can agree with!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

What an idiot! Last thing we need is more people.

Compare out standard of living in 1950 when we were a nation of 150 million to now where we are over 300 million.

No comparison!

We love to bash the Dems here on POTUS but the reality is there are just as many idiots like Santorium on both sides of the isle!
    Even the middle of the road
    Bill Davis

Back in the 1950's we had a higher percentage of a free workforce. It wasn't until the late 60's that unions in this country grew like weeds.

The need for unions is over. They have run off jobs to foreign lands, they burden the Federal and State governments and harbor poor performance.

RK, back in the early 50's, one could live large on 10k a year!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Back in the 1950's we had a higher percentage of a free workforce. It wasn't until the late 60's that unions in this country grew like weeds.

The need for unions is over. They have run off jobs to foreign lands, they burden the Federal and State governments and harbor poor performance.

My grandfather was a union coal miner. He made just over 3k a year when he started, and sent his three daughters to school. I would bet that a much higher percentage of workers were union in the 1950s than now.

I don't disagree that our workforce cannot compete with workers who are willing to mine coal in unsafe conditions, where up to 20,000 miners die EACH YEAR. (china) But I would argue that NAFTA has caused a bigger exodus of American jobs than unions. Look at all the non-union jobs that have been lost.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    My grandfather was a union coal miner. He made just over 3k a year when he started, and sent his three daughters to school. I would bet that a much higher percentage of workers were union in the 1950s than now.

I don't disagree that our workforce cannot compete with workers who are willing to mine coal in unsafe conditions, where up to 20,000 miners die EACH YEAR. (china) But I would argue that NAFTA has caused a bigger exodus of American jobs than unions. Look at all the non-union jobs that have been lost.
    Don't the coal companies have strict saftey regulations?

NAFTRA is bad and the unions make it worse. We just can't afford them any longer unless we want to see unemployment rise. Life is not fair! It they don't like what they are being compensated, they are free to work somewhere else.

It is the (unions) socialization of the USA that is costing us our standard of living combined with decades of poor leadership in DC.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Don't the coal companies have strict saftey regulations?.
    In China? No, they don't care about their people it seems like. I am surprised they don't lose more in the mines.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

For all of you "God is not great" the book address this.
    When you have time it is worth reading!
    By the way we all ready have too many people in Colorado.
    I am for a limit on legal & ill-legal to Colorado!
    Last edited by sinner; 03-29-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: left something out
    This is what he was all about!:
    Vinny last hunting year
    53 pheasants in South Dakota 200 + ducks in Idaho
    Lasting memories Vinny was 13+ years old!

Don't the coal companies have strict saftey regulations?

NAFTRA is bad and the unions make it worse. We just can't afford them any longer unless we want to see unemployment rise. Life is not fair! It they don't like what they are being compensated, they are free to work somewhere else.

It is the (unions) socialization of the USA that is costing us our standard of living combined with decades of poor leadership in DC.
    And every one of the safety regulations came off the backs of union action. You can see in China, what industry-led working conditions would be like without union counterbalance.

And I agree, there are certainly cases of union greed that have out-priced themselves. But even if they offered half their salaries up, you still couldn't compete with the cheap labor overseas.

Banned

In 1950 my parents bought a house for 10k

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    And every one of the safety regulations came off the backs of union action. You can see in China, what industry-led working conditions would be like without union counterbalance.

And I agree, there are certainly cases of union greed that have out-priced themselves. But even if they offered half their salaries up, you still couldn't compete with the cheap labor overseas.
    I'd be more concerned with having to support thier rediculousley expensive pensions and health care. I'm just thankful I live in a Right To Work state, where unemployment is low and saleries competitve. Where people have the freedom to either join a union or not!