Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Cash for Clunkers 2: The Return of Government Motors

Default Cash for Clunkers 2: The Return of Government Motors

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...capitol-hill/#

http://tinyurl.com/4ak3gsb

Kerry Picket
    Published on March 29, 2011

Ready for another cash for clunkers program? It looks like General Motors is attempting to replace it's own consumer incentives with tax payer money. The car company, bailed out of bankruptcy in 2009 by the American tax payer, appears to be turning the government into an automatic rebate provider.

The Obama administration and their friends on Capitol Hill are floating around a proposal to change the $7500 tax credit for green vehicles. This change can be found not only in President Barack Obama's budget but also a bill proposed by Senator Debbie Stabenow, Michigan Democrat.

-more-

The government is trying to create a market for the Volt. A market which doesn't exsist.

Just more tax payer welfare for the UAW. Afterall, Obama is going to need the unions in 2012 so he might as well continue paying them bribes.

Will the Democrats and Republicans ever learn how the Free Market works?

If people really want something, they will buy it.

If they don't want a product, it doesn't matter how much money the government throws at it because eventually that product will go away.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The government is trying to create a market for the Volt. A market which doesn't exsist.

Just more tax payer welfare for the UAW. Afterall, Obama is going to need the unions in 2012 so he might as well continue paying them bribes.

Will the Democrats and Republicans ever learn how the Free Market works?

If people really want something, they will buy it.

If they don't want a product, it doesn't matter how much money the government throws at it because eventually that product will go away.
    Just hope that product in the white house would go away

I got one just as good as that. A friend of mine has a small industial business. Installing a solar energy system. Costs aprox $350,000 but after Fed, state, TVA, and Univ. of Tn grant, he has about 1/3 the cost in it or about $100,000. Electricity he sells to TVA at what TVA has to buy it on the open market which is abot a 12.5% premium! But wait, he gets to depreciate all of the cost of the system less about $50,000 due to his high tax bracket. System will pay for itself in about 4.5 years with an expected life of 30 years. Now for the final number, he gets apox $750,000 net income over the life of the system in 30 years. Largest solar system to date in middle Tn. He says without the reimbursements, tax credits and expensing $250,000 in the first hear, he says he would not buile it because the best it would do is break even over the 30 years. He is laughing at us taxpayers all he way to the bank.

He encourages me to look at building a metal building on the farm from scratch with a similar solar system. Putting the solar system on building when I build it will pay for the building and solar system in no more than 10 years no matter whether I use the building or not. I can store my toys and tractor and other farm equipment in it until and if I ever sell my house and move back home. A bunch of hoops to jump thruogh but I may try. Thanks all you taxpayers, keep paying people to build something that noone would ever build unless you are going to pay for it and give to us freeloaders.

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH

I'm in the market for a car. I'll buy a hybrid for $7500.

Don't think I'd touch the Volt, with the extreme cold we see in the SD winters and all.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I got one just as good as that. A friend of mine has a small industial business. Installing a solar energy system. Costs aprox $350,000 but after Fed, state, TVA, and Univ. of Tn grant, he has about 1/3 the cost in it or about $100,000. Electricity he sells to TVA at what TVA has to buy it on the open market which is abot a 12.5% premium! But wait, he gets to depreciate all of the cost of the system less about $50,000 due to his high tax bracket. System will pay for itself in about 4.5 years with an expected life of 30 years. Now for the final number, he gets apox $750,000 net income over the life of the system in 30 years. Largest solar system to date in middle Tn. He says without the reimbursements, tax credits and expensing $250,000 in the first hear, he says he would not buile it because the best it would do is break even over the 30 years. He is laughing at us taxpayers all he way to the bank.

He encourages me to look at building a metal building on the farm from scratch with a similar solar system. Putting the solar system on building when I build it will pay for the building and solar system in no more than 10 years no matter whether I use the building or not. I can store my toys and tractor and other farm equipment in it until and if I ever sell my house and move back home. A bunch of hoops to jump thruogh but I may try. Thanks all you taxpayers, keep paying people to build something that noone would ever build unless you are going to pay for it and give to us freeloaders.

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH
    deja vu all over again. http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...980#post775980
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm in the market for a car. I'll buy a hybrid for $7500.

Don't think I'd touch the Volt, with the extreme cold we see in the SD winters and all.

Instead of having to wait till tax time to claim your $7,500 credit, the Feds will now send the money at time of purchase.

If I were Ford or any other auto maker in the USA, I would file a suit against the Fed Gov for improper trade practices.

How in the hell does a company trying to make it on thier own compete against the Fed Gov?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

The Nissan Leaf qualifies for the 7500 from the feds too.