RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

website designer

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  saabisil 
#1 ·
Can anyone from Wisconsin recommend someone to creat a website? I have a new Parson litter and want to now have a website. I know they aren't Labradors but my heart is still in the breed.

Thanks,

Cindy R.

#2 ·
go to www.weebly.com and create your own. You pick a template, type in the text, upload some pictures and done. It is all free and very easy to use. It is not the end all in web design, but for people who want something quick and easy, that looks decent, it is fine.

http://www.varetrieverbenefit.com is hosted on weebly.com. If you want your own domain, you will have to pay a $15 or so every few years to keep the name.

#3 ·
Carrie Carlson did Bob and Anne Heise's HiRollerlabs................ she's on RTF.

Steven Danaway maintains my site.

#4 ·
Whatever you do stay far away from this guy
http://ushuntinghost.com/

That guy has ripped off more people... After he burned my I hunted him down and in the process found a turd trail a mile long. I should have researched it better. I had so much going on at the time that I just wanted it done and I didnt really care what it cost. What a mistake!

Just a tip or two, go get your domain name yourself so that your domain name is in your name. Its cheap and easy. If you let the site designer do it and un known to you he puts it in his name instead of yours he can hold the name hostage and your screwed if things fall appart. I had to come up with a different name! Get everything in writing, set a timeline that it needs to be done by and dont pay a cent before that.

#10 ·
Just a tip or two, go get your domain name yourself so that your domain name is in your name. Its cheap and easy. If you let the site designer do it and un known to you he puts it in his name instead of yours he can hold the name hostage and your screwed if things fall appart.
Mudd, couldn't agree with you more here. I cannot begin to tell you how many clients have come to us with that problem, and I'm not just talking about individuals. We've seen an inordinate number of commercial clients just recently who somehow missed the fact that they weren't the legal owner of their domain.

#9 ·
Hey thanks for the plug Ron! I do like to tinker in web design. Some of the sites I've built and some sample pages can be seen here: www.eromit.com/web

#11 ·
Sure was a learning experience for me. A buddy had used him to do some work for him, which he did well and in a timely manner. Sooo my buddy referred me to him and I thought
"great I'm in good hands" and put way too much trust in him. As time went on the work wasn't getting done and the vision I had wasn't what he was doing. I will say that I had no problem paying to get what I wanted and never got on him until I knew the wheels had come off so to speak. I just wanted to share what happened to me in the hopes that I can help someone avoid a huge head ache that cost me a lot of money and time.

#12 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I am trying to contact one individual. One thing I want is something very simple. I hate websites where you have to wait for things to load or the page is really cluttered.

Cindy R.

#13 ·
Cindy, you can register your domain at www.godaddy.com They also have hosting. I built ours with WYSIWYG software, they have a 30 day trial. Building the page and doing it yourself is actually pretty easy, and if you need to change anything, you can do it instantly instead of having to wait on somebody else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.