The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama aims to cut oil imports by a third

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    Another feel good alternative energy speech coming.......
    Yep, check the air in your tires boys
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Actually Obama said oil imports will be cut by a third in the next 10 years not 30 years. /
    Well that is just cause in that short time that many of us will not be able to afford gas for our trucks.
    I get the mental image of an Amish farmer pointing at us and going “Naner naner bo bo”
    Of course an Amish feller wouldn’t taunt in such a way. Still that is the image I get.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Well that is just cause in that short time that many of us will not be able to afford gas for our trucks.
    I get the mental image of an Amish farmer pointing at us and going “Naner naner bo bo”
    Of course an Amish feller wouldn’t taunt in such a way. Still that is the image I get.

Sad but true Ken!!!
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

I'm surprised he's making this speech in the middle of the day. I didn't think there were any basketball games tonight.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Those inactive swaths of the Gulf could potentially hold more than 11 billion barrels of oil and 50 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, Interior said in the report obtained by The Associated Press.
    We use 21 million barrels per day. So if you do the math, all that oil will buy us about 525 days.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Are ya'll forgetting about all that oil we will be getting from Brazil..wasn't just last week he sent money to get started and told them we would buy everthing there produced ????
    BobbyB
    cajun

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    Are ya'll forgetting about all that oil we will be getting from Brazil..wasn't just last week he sent money to get started and told them we would buy everthing there produced ????
    BobbyB
    cajun
    Obama lied...American oil died.
    Bill Davis

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42335437...s-white_house/
    The president also ordered government agencies to ensure that by 2015, all new vehicles they purchase are alternative-fuel vehicles, including hybrid and electric. Obama has previously set a goal of putting 1 million electric vehicles on U.S. roads by 2015.
    Sounds like a great idea to some people, I imagine.

In PA, however, there is a State mandate for electric companies to reduce residential electric consumption ... or be fined for failing to meet the reduction quotas.

In that vein, our local electric utility has incentivized its customers to switch from electric heat to other forms, like oil and gas In fact, they have offered rebates for users to do this in the past year.

So, if we have to charge those electric cars at home, this will run counter to the State "plan" for reducing electrical consumption.

Try telling a real estate agent to use an electric car to show homes! Might work in NYC, but it sure doesn't work outside a city environment.

Heat homes with other stuff, use what oil available to run the cars until they come up with a realistic solution to the latter.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.