The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are The Revolutions In The Mid-East Bush Inspired?

Default Are The Revolutions In The Mid-East Bush Inspired?

Back in 2003, I stated here on RTF that I was all for securing Iraq's WMD but, that I was against Nation Building. I didn't think we could change anyone in the mid-east, that they like living as sheep under the thumb of dictators.

How do you see what we've done in Iraq in realtionship to the numerouse revolutions happening in the middle east? Are the other countries in the area looking at Iraq and saying, we want freedom too?

If so, then I think we need to give Pres Bush his due for having the foresight of bring some type of Democracy to a region known for thier tribal mindset.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Back in 2003, I stated here on RTF that I was all for securing Iraq's WMD but, that I was against Nation Building. I didn't think we could change anyone in the mid-east, that they like living as sheep under the thumb of dictators.

How do you see what we've done in Iraq in realtionship to the numerouse revolutions happening in the middle east? Are the other countries in the area looking at Iraq and saying, we want freedom too?

If so, then I think we need to give Pres Bush his due for having the foresight of bring some type of Democracy to a region known for thier tribal mindset.
    Maybe Clinton, too? (Bill)

I know that al-qaeda thanks Bush for the recruitment boost they received under his term.

Obama is just playing out a Bush third term in regards to the Middle East, unfortunately. No change there.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Only 1 Arab nation has a democratic form of government.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Only 1 Arab nation has a democratic form of government.

RK
    That's one more than North America.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That's one more than North America.
    That is correct, the United States of America is a "Representative Republic."

http://www.laughtergenealogy.com/bin.../republic.html

I do not mean to insinuate you don't know that, just sayin'......

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 03-31-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

[quote=dnf777;
    I know that al-qaeda thanks Bush for the recruitment boost they received under his term.[/quote]

For an independant you sure do carry the torch for the liberal talking points!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That is correct, the United States of America is a "Representative Republic."

http://www.laughtergenealogy.com/bin.../republic.html

I do not mean to insinuate you don't know that, just sayin'......

RK
    I would fit "lobbyist" somewhere in any description of our system of government.

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I've fired some right wing talking points too. The ones I happen to agree with.

One thing that ticks me off, is why are "covert" and "secret ops" being broadcast all over Fox and CNN??

How would you like to be a special ops embedded within a hostile environment in Tripoli, and see on a diner tv that there are "secret ops" going on in your neighborhood??

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that when talking to my conservative friends, anything that isn't far right wing they consider to be liberal. I hardly recognize some of my life long friends anymore. They have become so extreme I sometimes worry about their mental health. They listen to right wing radio every day and it just whips them up into an angry tirade. That's not healthy.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that when talking to my conservative friends, anything that isn't far right wing they consider to be liberal. I hardly recognize some of my life long friends anymore. They have become so extreme I sometimes worry about their mental health. They listen to right wing radio every day and it just whips them up into an angry tirade. That's not healthy.
    Hey Buzz, I am so far to the right (to you anyway) that when I send Elvis on a blind he has a tendancy to peel a tad to the right now!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis