The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are The Revolutions In The Mid-East Bush Inspired?

I think,
    In my opinion.
    If we want to “Blame” anyone we could blame Al Gore for inventing the internets.
    And Bill Gates for Microsoft. Global communication, more than anything is the blame.
    These folk have been living under a sheet (pun intended) for centuries. Held in place by
    Scripture from the dark ages. A wonderful thing it is to learn of and then want to be free citizens.
    Those poor folks century old oppression is an injury that is time to heal.
    All physical therapy is painful. But must be endured to get to the positive outcome in the end.
    I do not think “We” should nation build. But can lead by example when possible.
    And honor our pesky U.N. agreements “For the Good of the Planet.”
    I would like to see “The Planet” do something good for us as well.
    But I’ve wanted a winning lottery ticket and a six foot blond for years and that Ain’t happened ether.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Hey Buzz, I am so far to the right (to you anyway) that when I send Elvis on a blind he has a tendancy to peel a tad to the right now!!!

RK
    He probably turns to the right on a sit whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that when talking to my conservative friends, anything that isn't far right wing they consider to be liberal. I hardly recognize some of my life long friends anymore. They have become so extreme I sometimes worry about their mental health. They listen to right wing radio every day and it just whips them up into an angry tirade. That's not healthy.
    I consider much of the far right's agenda to be Liberal!

The far right supports big government if that big government is doing what they want them to do.

They are into telling people how they should live. And, they are against individual freedom.

The far left and far right are both dysfunctional. Our only hope against a Fed Gov that has become too big is in the Libetarian Party.

But, the question remains; How much of what is going on in the mid-east can be attributed to Pres. Bush?
    Last edited by Franco; 03-31-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I think,
    In my opinion.
    If we want to “Blame” anyone we could blame Al Gore for inventing the internets.
    And Bill Gates for Microsoft. Global communication, more than anything is the blame.
    These folk have been living under a sheet (pun intended) for centuries. Held in place by
    Scripture from the dark ages. A wonderful thing it is to learn of and then want to be free citizens.
    All physical therapy is painful. But must be endured to get to the positive outcome in the end.
    But I’ve wanted a winning lottery ticket and a six foot blond for years and that Ain’t happened ether.

Isn't Al Gore having a BIRFDAY today??

63 I beleive.

Thank you AL for inventing the "Internets" and "Man Made Global Warming!!"

Well done!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I think,
    In my opinion.

We just hired a six foot, blond, physical therapist, named Olga.
    I'll give you a one-hour appointment for a case of syrup...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

yup the internet says today 1948. When folk say his name to you. What pops into your minds eye? I get "The Kiss" from the first convention.
    Happy Birthday Al. We are in a winter storm watch and might wake up with 8 inches in the morning.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    We just hired a six foot, blond, physical therapist, named Olga.
    I'll give you a one-hour appointment for a case of syrup...

my luck Olga would be a guy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I came to the conclusion a long time ago that when talking to my conservative friends, anything that isn't far right wing they consider to be liberal. I hardly recognize some of my life long friends anymore. They have become so extreme I sometimes worry about their mental health. They listen to right wing radio every day and it just whips them up into an angry tirade. That's not healthy.
    Buzz, I don't know you. I don't know the background you came from nor your accomplishments and failures you may have experienced. I do know from your posts that you are well read. I do know that it would be a sad day if I were to describe my life long friends as friends that could be whipped up into an angry tirade by something so trivial as a radio talk show. I would hope that I would never considered such people "life long friend." There are plenty of people both liberal and conservative that would fall into such a catagory but I would like to think that I have chosen lifelong friends that are above such triviality. Besides conservative friends, I have many liberal friends. Edwin Biddix, a former union rep who worked for American Airlines, is about as lpassionately liberal as they come but he is one of the finest people I know. No telling how many weeks or months he has worked in New Orleans trying to help those who are through no fault of their own are in dire need. Andy Womack who describes himself as a fiscal conservative and a social moderate (liberal to my way of thinking), has devoted both his time and resources to seeing that each child can patticipate in Little League, among other things he has done to make his home a better community. He ran for Govenor here in Tennessee 8 years ago. He asked me for a contribution which I was glad to give him, along with teilling him that I did not expect to vote for him. He said he "understood". When he withdrew from the race, he offered to return my contribution or donate it to charity. I trusted him completely. On a national scale, Sen. Paul Wellstone, an unabashed liberal wanted what most of us want, that is what will keep this grand experiment in government alive for all. Most liberals and conservatives really only want the same things they only dissagree on how to get there.

No once have you seen me attack someone personally. I try to use facts to support my position andrespect those that do the same. Most issues have facts both pro and con. Frankly I subscribe the the theory that one resorts to personal attacks when they feel they are unable to argue their position rationally. Somewhere I learned that you only learn from your mistakes when you are willing to admit them, something I have had plenty of opportunity to do. I have made a mistake on facts here and I have freely admitted it.

None of my lifelong friends would fall into the category you describe and it would be one of the saddest days of my 67 years to think that they did. If I felt such a way I think that I would be compelled to look in the mirror to see if the problem was closer to me than I thought.