The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Constitutional hypocrisy of Ron Paul

Banned

Default The Constitutional hypocrisy of Ron Paul

Fringe Republican CongressmanRon Paul‘s rabid supporters often cite his belief and knowledge of the U.S. Constitution as reasons for their cult-like support of him and his son, freshman Kentucky Sen.Rand Paul.

So what’s the great Constitutional scholar up to now? Returning to his racist past by advocating nullification of the Constitution by states that disagree with federal laws.
    This regresses the nation back by nearly a half-century to the days of theSouthern Manifesto, a racist document designed to allow states to avoid integration and civil rights.
    This is the same Ron Paul whose newsletters once published racist rants under his name — although he claims now he didn’t write or approve the columns that ran with his by-line — and he joins his equally-racist son, who claimed during last year’s campaign that businesses that serve the public — like restaurants — should be able to ignore the law and refuse to serve minorities.
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40111

That can't be good for anyone wanting to make a run at the Presidency.

That is scary, and unfortunate. I like Ron Paul for many reasons, but this is a complete turn-off. What's really scary, is that he is a smart man, and KNOWS what he is saying. If Sarah Palin said something like this, the correct assumption would be that she does not understand the Nullification movement, and what it meant to the United States. Ron Paul, I'm afraid, does.

If this is really what the tea party stands for, then its no wonder their approval is falling, and concentrating in the really back-woods, anti-everything nut crowd.

They have some very good pillars in their platform, many of which could gather bipartisan support, but when you hear of the corporate funding and organization, it makes one wonder what it truly represents. That's not to take away from the many good people involved, but unfortunately they are being led by kooks (smart kooks) and this is just another example.

I'm very disappointed in Ron Paul. I'm going to unsubscribe from his liberty blog.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Roger, your number one problem is believing all the crap you read.

Your number 2 problem is... it isn't going to matter, because Obama is going to be successful at one thing...kicking his own ass in the election. I don't think it matters who we run. He's screwing things up so bad, Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Roger, your number one problem is believing all the crap you read.

Your number 2 problem is... it isn't going to matter, because Obama is going to be successful at one thing...kicking his own ass in the election. I don't think it matters who we run. He's screwing things up so bad, Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him
    Weren't you saying the same thing about McCain/Palin?????

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Weren't you saying the same thing about McCain/Palin?????
    I don't think so, but take a look and let me know
    Bill Davis

Joe the Plumber might come out and run rings around him
    You mean that guy whose not really named Joe, and who's not really a plumber?

Where is that guy anyway? I thought he had a promising career in politics ahead of the '08 election?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You mean that guy whose not really named Joe, and who's not really a plumber?

Where is that guy anyway? I thought he had a promising career in politics ahead of the '08 election?
    •sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Jonathan Swift
    Bill Davis

•sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"--Jonathan Swift
    Ah yes, and I can apply sarcasm as well.

But what DID happen to him? Wasn't he the next tea-party Cindarella? I here he gives motivations speeches to troubles youths, while LIVING IN A VAN....DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!

Roger, before you go and post crap like that, don't you think you have a responsibility to check and see if it is true? Or does the truth matter to you?

I'm not going to do your research for you. Go to youtube and listen for yourself what Rand Paul said on MSNBC! He said no such thing and the radical media has twisted it beyond honest.

Ron Paul is concerned with the fact that if we are on the verge of a financial meltdown created by people that think the same way that you do!

Do you really believe in all the garbage you post or is this some sort of cheap entertainment for you?
    Last edited by Franco; 03-31-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Roger, before you go a post crap like that, don't you think you have a responsibility to check and see if it is true? Or does the truth matter to you?

I'm not going to do you research for you. Go to youtube and listen for yourself what Rand Paul said on MSNBC! He said no such thing and the radical media has twisted it beyond honest.

Ron Paul is concerned with the fact that if we are on the verge of a financial meltdown created by people that think the same way that you do!

Do you really believe in all the garbage you post or is this some sort of cheap entertainment for you?
    Franco,
    I looked up the speech, and unless the source flat out altered his words, he did say just that. I was very disappointed. Willing to overlook some of his crazy ideas, but THAT cuts to the heart of our republic, and is inexcusable IMO.

Added Paul:
    The chances of us getting things changed around soon through the legislative process is not all the good. And that is why I am a strong endorser of the nullification movement, that states like this should just nullify these laws. And in principle, nullification is proper and moral and constitutional, which I believe it is, there is no reason in the world why this country can’t look at the process of, say, not only should we not belong to the United Nations, the United Nations comes down hard on us, telling us what we should do to our families and family values, education and medical care and gun rights and environmentalism. Let’s nullify what the UN tries to tell us to do as well.

I totally agree with not being subject to UN laws or mandates, without consent and approval of Congress (then it is being subject to OUR laws or mandates, if congress adopts them). But to support STATES being able to nullify federal law is not Constitutional. See Article VI.

(and thanks for making me get my Constitution off the shelf and read it again...its good exercise)