The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swamp People History Channel GDG

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    As far as the embellishments by the narrator, that's to be expected with any group of guys telling stories (especially fishing and hunting) and Troy n Jacob Landry went on about how big the limb was on that willow tree (darn branch was hardly 6 inches)
    Wasn't that the gator that was supposedly 11'? No wonder they only showed a half second of it being pulled into the boat....'cause it was closer to 7'. While we're at it...the notion that they've named every big alligator and have had previous run-ins with "ol' Cannibal" or "ol' Big Head," or "ol' Sneaky Pete" or "ol' Whatever" is getting pretty silly, too.

I don't want to be "that guy" that rails about the un-reality of reality shows as if he's the only one in on a not-so-big-secret so I'll shut up. I hope the show continues to do well and all those coon asses continue to make money and Willy can get his front tooth fixed before he loses any fingers. Amen.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I'm becoming quickly disillusioned with that show and its creative editing and the outright BS that comes out of the narrator's mouth. And this season's editing is already more egregious than last season. Am I really supposed to believe that anybody is dumb enough to shoot an alligator that's laying on the bottom of their boat? Really? And twice in one show? Really? And if I had to drink one beer for every foot difference between what the narrator is claiming a gator to be vs. how long the gator actually is I'd be getting my stomach pumped by the end of every episode. I like the guys doing the hunting. It's the Hollywood editors that need to be dragged behind the boat.
    That is funny, I don't care who you are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    And if they miss the spinal cord of a squirming/slashing alligator...? Unless you're gonna tell me you've been on a boat and seen this happen with your own eyes I ain't buyin' it. I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I've killed more than a few gators...there's no way I'm shooting one as it flails around on the bottom of my boat.
    Not unless you have a patch kit or can bale really fast.

Banned

Well, I"m gonna go with Hew. I watched back to back episodes last Saturday and, if the show could be believed, evolution is very rapid in gators. They went from being able to hold their breath for 1 hour, to 1.5 hours, to 2 hours, in only 3 hours my time.

And, boy did them puppies shrink like a distant late night memory...from 11 feet (in the dark water) to 7 feet in the boat (daylight).

Know what I mean...

Snick

...and every whitetail I've shot was a 10 pointer!