The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: gov't shutdown- tax refund

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Ok, big Mr. pose with dead deer man, you win that one!

Ah, death by country music song......outwitted by superior intellect again! DRAT!
    Thank ya... Thank ya very much. Wasn't that hard to do
    Bill Davis

Like I said, if you make good points against the democrats, there should be no need to call names. Your arguments will speak for themselves. You've made your argument perfectly clear.

So are you defending the federal gov't giving GE 36.6 million dollars as a result of Obomacare?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    So are you defending the federal gov't giving GE 36.6 million dollars as a result of Obomacare?
    Well, rather than being idealistic, let's look at this from a pragmatic point of view. By allowing GE to early retire folks who opt for it, it opens up new jobs. Also, those folks can have the health care coverage they would normally have if they kept working, rather than get MUCH more of your tax dollars when they declare bankruptcy and go on medicaide for lack of insurance. They don't lose their houses, and further depress the housing market.

Is it a circuitous handout to the corporation? Probably yes. But so is excusing taxes on 50 billion in global profits due to clever book keeping and loop holes. Now I'm getting idealistic.

What would YOU rather see that 36 million to towards? More corporate charity in the form of tax cuts for global corporations......or ensuring a healthy comfortable retirement for an American family who's worked for 20+ years? Feel free to answer in the pragmatic sense...or idealistic. For me, both answers would be the same.

Oh, another option......we could lob three dozen more tomahawks at Tripoli. That should take all of half an hour.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Well, rather than being idealistic, let's look at this from a pragmatic point of view. By allowing GE to early retire folks who opt for it, it opens up new jobs. Also, those folks can have the health care coverage they would normally have if they kept working, rather than get MUCH more of your tax dollars when they declare bankruptcy and go on medicaide for lack of insurance. They don't lose their houses, and further depress the housing market.

Is it a circuitous handout to the corporation? Probably yes. But so is excusing taxes on 50 billion in global profits due to clever book keeping and loop holes. Now I'm getting idealistic.

What would YOU rather see that 36 million to towards? More corporate charity in the form of tax cuts for global corporations......or ensuring a healthy comfortable retirement for an American family who's worked for 20+ years? Feel free to answer in the pragmatic sense...or idealistic. For me, both answers would be the same.

Oh, another option......we could lob three dozen more tomahawks at Tripoli. That should take all of half an hour.
    Anyone that opts for early retirement should not expect someone else to pay for it. As a taxpayer I do not want to pay for someone to stay home whether it is due to early retirement or welfare. 20 years puts someone in their early 40's. No I do not think I should pay for someone to retire long before DH and I are planning to. Do you want to pay for someone to retire while you are still working at the same age?
    With 4 billion in profits GE can pay the bill.
    I started working at 16. According to you I should have been able to retire at 36 and the taxpayers should pick up the bill.

Anyone that opts for early retirement should not expect someone else to pay for it. As a taxpayer I do not want to pay for someone to stay home whether it is due to early retirement or welfare. 20 years puts someone in their early 40's. No I do not think I should pay for someone to retire long before DH and I are planning to. Do you want to pay for someone to retire while you are still working at the same age?
    With 4 billion in profits GE can pay the bill.
    I started working at 16. According to you I should have been able to retire at 36 and the taxpayers should pick up the bill.
    And they can pay their TAX BILL too!

Thank you!

Do you see the irony in your comments? You have you hackles up about $36 million, but have no problem with $3.78 billion! That's a hypocrisy factor of 100x!!!
    Last edited by dnf777; 04-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

And they can pay their TAX BILL too!

Thank you!

Do you see the irony in your comments? You have you hackles up about $36 million, but have no problem with $3.78 billion! That's a hypocrisy factor of 100x!!!
    I never said I did not have a problem with them not paying taxes.
    However I have zero problem with them using the tax code to it's fullest.
    Any indivdual or corporation should.
    The issues are in the tax law itself.

Let me add to that. I have a huge problem with people who have kids having a negative tax liabilty and getting money from the real taxpayers.
    That actually pisses me off a miliion times more than GE
    Don't breed if you won't feed and I damn well should not have to PAY FOR IT

Banned

Let me add to that. I have a huge problem with people who have kids having a negative tax liabilty and getting money from the real taxpayers.
    That actually pisses me off a miliion times more than GE
    Don't breed if you won't feed and I damn well should not have to PAY FOR IT
    There are thousands of teenage pregnacies each and every year yet parents do not want to have their children taught sex education at school. Most Republicans are against legal abortion. Of course they all could follow Sarah Palin's lead and and teach their children abstinatism, that worked real well for Bristol didn't it?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 04-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.

I never said I did not have a problem with them not paying taxes.
    However I have zero problem with them using the tax code to it's fullest.
    Any indivdual or corporation should.
    The issues are in the tax law itself.
    I think we've come full circle on this issue, and can actually agree on the above. The tax laws need a changin'......I know I take full advantage of all legal means to lower my taxable income, as does everyone else here.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    There are thousands of teenage pregnacies each and every year yet parents do not want to have their children taught sex education at school. Most Republicans are against legal abortion. Of course they all could follow Sarah Palin's lead and and teach their children abstinatism, that worked real well for Bristol didn't it?

You just can't pass up an opportunity to take a cheap shot, can you?

What in the hell does thier situation have anything remotely to do with this thread's topic?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson