Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Yo, Stan.

Who'd of ever thunk it???

Prosser Takes 40 Vote Lead in Supreme Court Race
    By Dan O'Donnell
    Story Created: Apr 5, 2011

(Story Updated: Apr 7, 2011 )

MADISON - Incumbent Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser took a 40-vote lead over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg, according to new totals released Thursday afternoon.

Kloppenburg had been leading by 204 votes, but newj unofficial totals reported in Winnebago County show that Prosser received 20,701 votes to Kloppenburg's 18,887.

The Associated Press--whose totals have been used by media outlets throughout the state--reported 19,991 votes for Prosser and 18,421 for Kloppenburg. The new numbers would give Prosser 244 more votes.

Calls to the Winnebago County Clerk's office were not immediately returned, and a spokesperson for the Associated Press said Thursday that the wire service was double-checking its vote totals against the newly reported figures.

Canvassers started the process of certifying the Supreme Court race's results.

JoAnne Kloppenburg declared victory over incumbent state Supreme Court Justice David Prosser on Wednesday. Unofficial totals show her with a scant 204-vote margin out of nearly 1.5 million cast in Tuesday's election.

Prosser's campaign hasn't said whether it plans to ask for a recount.

Each county's board of canvassers is now reconciling the totals, making sure the ballots in hand match the number of people who voted.

They have until April 15 to submit those totals. The candidates then have three business days to ask for a recount.

Government Accountability Board attorney Mike Haas expects to start getting canvassing numbers starting either later Thursday or Friday and they will post it on their website.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/119299974.html
    __________________________________________________ _______
    OOOOOPS!!!!
    I guess it ain't over till it's over.

Of course, I'll guaruntee that no matter how many Prosser gets up by, Dane Cty will find that many and more locked in Sumi's closet.

Al Franken regards!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Hell, the graveyards are full of democrat votes RK...
    Bill Davis

JS Online reports another 200 votes for Prosser, now up by 240+!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

This is going to get rather entertaining. I guess the dems didn't shred enough ballots.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

According to the Weekly Standard... just updated. Prosser may have a 7,000 vote lead. Looks like the Waukesha County Clerk left out the results for the City of Brookfield, heavily republican 14,000 voters... imagine that

Edit

The Corner

BREAKING: Computer Error Could Give Prosser 7,381 More Votes, Victory

By Christian Schneider
    Posted on April 07, 2011 5:29 PM

After Tuesday night’s Wisconsin Supreme Court election, a computer error in heavily Republican Waukesha County failed to send election results for the entire City of Brookfield to the Associated Press. The error, revealed today, would give incumbent Supreme Court Justice David Prosser a net 7,381 votes against his challenger, attorney Joanne Kloppenburg. On Wednesday, Kloppenburg declared victory after the AP reported she finished the election with a 204-vote lead, out of nearly 1.5 million votes cast.

On election night, AP results showed a turnout of 110,000 voters in Waukesha County — well short of the 180,000 voters that turned out last November, and 42 percent of the county’s total turnout. By comparison, nearly 90 percent of Dane County voters who cast a ballot in November turned out to vote for Kloppenburg.

Prior to the election, Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus was heavily criticized for her decision to keep the county results on an antiquated personal computer, rather than upgrade to a new data system being utilized statewide. Nickolaus cited security concerns for keeping the data herself — yet when she reported the data, it did not include the City of Brookfield, whose residents cast nearly 14,000 votes.

Throughout the day Thursday, official canvass numbers flipped the lead back and forth between Prosser and Kloppenburg. While many believed a recount was inevitable, the addition of the Brookfield votes for Prosser could push the justice’s lead beyond the legal threshold that would trigger an automatic recount. Under state law, Kloppenburg could still ask for a recount up to three days after the official canvass, but would have to pay for it herself.

“Waukesha County officials have announced a press conference for 5:30 CST.”
    Last edited by huntinman; 04-07-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    Bill Davis

Oh where, oh where, has Roger gone?
    Oh where, oh where can he be?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I'm not going to be like a republican and start screaming fraud...

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm not going to be like a republican and start screaming fraud...

Prior to when you were weaned I was talking to our state Senator about his stand on voting. he assured me that there is too much possibility of fraud when there is not a paper trail, a paper trail being bad enough. We had many discussions on the subject as I believe in the will of the people WTW.

If you had been in this state - WA - during the Gregoire-Rossi vote count you would not make that statement lightly. It took 3 counts, the 1st 2 she lost, before she edged ahead by less than 100 votes, all coming from King County AKA SF North. Since that time there have been a couple of other elections where the results were questionable, all with major financial implications in the direction of more government.

I don't have the answer to stop voter fraud but I'm sure it's not to use computers exclusively. It is an unfortunate thing when the fox is guarding the hen house, but that's what's happening all too often in these very close elections where so much is at stake.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

This is the best news I've read today!

Can't wait to get over to the Huff Post and read all the bitchin'
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.