The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Like High gas Prices? - Obama Says get used To It

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Still did not anserw the question. DODGEING AGAIN
    Oh boy. Gonna have to turn it down a notch to answer this, I can see....

Because my man was Ron Paul. Ron Paul never did, and currently does not have the authority to issue drilling permits!! I said my man is not the president the first time.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The US oil industry is so heavily subsidized if government "got out of the way" the price of gas would shoot through the roof....

I am against all Gov handouts/bribes to private companies.

But to place then in perspective, oil compaies are 15th on the list of governemnt welfare.

Internet companies get three times as much dough as oil. Agriculture, you know those huge conglomerate farms get three times as much.

Time to end it all.

The Obama Administration has issued 4 new drilling permits for the gulf in the last week.

Here is the problem;
    With all the very, very expensive equipment laying around, owers were forced to find someone to lease to as they couldn't afford to just let thier eqipment sit. The Chinese, through thier partnership with Cuba has begun to drill in deep waters off Cuba's coast.

Anyone want to guess where that equipment went to?

It will take a while to collect the equipment back in the gulf. Companies have to wait on rigs being freed up so they can move them.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I am against all Gov handouts/bribes to private companies.

But to place then in perspective, oil compaies are 15th on the list of governemnt welfare.

Internet companies get three times as much dough as oil. Agriculture, you know those huge conglomerate arms get three times as much.

Time to end it all.

The Obama Administration has issued 4 new drilling permits for the gulf in the last week.

Here is the problem;
    With all the very, very expensive equipment laying around, owers were forced to find someone to lease to as they couldn't afford to just let thier eqipment sit. The Chinese, through thier partnership with Cuba has begun to drill in deep waters off Cuba's coast.

Anyone want to guess where that equipment went to?
    We still have windmills Franco
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

Check the air in your tires! That includes lawnmowers and go-carts too
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I've never seen so many people rely on the government for affordable gas prices! Don't worry guys, the free market and oil corporations will settle on a fair price for you.

As soon as the Transocean execs finish donating their "safety bonuses" to charity!

(did anyone else feel slapped in the face by that one?)

What is short -term? Cuz I GUARANTEE they will be much lower by late summer and fall of 2012. So if he can't do anything, then they should be even higher than today's prices or the same RIGHT?

WRL

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    At a 30% gov't subsidy.
    This northeast NC wind farm has a chance

The Iberdrola project would benefit from a federal cash grant that would cover 30 percent of the cost.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/...#ixzz1In6sHOTQ

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/...#ixzz1In6bKPm2

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/...-a-chance.html
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I still remember when the prices got this high under GWB and Pelosi promised if you made her Speaker she would not let it happen again. The country made her Speaker and it happened again, and never a word.

Let us begin by recognizing two truths. First, the Democrat party is beholden to the environmentalist movement. Second, the left sees high gas prices as a necessary evil to force us into a greener society, they have little to no interest in lowering prices. Therefore, as long as the Democrats are in control, high gas prices are going to be a reality.

Anyway, there are things that CAN be done that will drive down prices immediately --

1) Oil prices right now are mostly dictated by market speculators. Slap the environmentalist whack-0s on the side of the face and fast track new drilling permits off both coasts and in the gulf, and open up ANWAR and speculators will sell their market shares, driving down the price.

2) Slap the environmentalist whack-0s a second time, and fast track new building permits for petroleum refineries, building nuclear power plants, new coal mines, oil shale mining, and advancement of natural gas use -- see #1, same as above.

3) Streamline pollution regulations for emissions. Every state and major city demands its own gas formula. Just pick the most anti-pollution formula and make everyone go with it.

4) Build a bubble over Washington, DC and market all the hot air that we collect.
    Last edited by AmiableLabs; 04-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Kevin,
    I would add a number 5 to your list:

5) Never believe a word that anyone who tells you that says they can guarantee any prediction regarding the price of oil/gas!!

(sorry WRL....when someone can really predict oil futures...they have 8 and 9 figure bank accounts)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Not only is gas prices sky high but the price of tires, filters,etc..anything that has to do with vehicles.
    So now what?
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy