The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Like High gas Prices? - Obama Says get used To It

Get used to high gas prices. Even without this recent spike due to unrest in north Africa and the Mid-East they are unavoidable. You have ever increasing global demand in places like India and China. And oil that has or will soon hit peak production (do a search for "peak oil"). And that oil is increasingly more expensive to drill for. Take the Gulf of Mexico for example. A disproportional amount of oil comes from a relatively small group of the deeper wells. Those deep wells are more expensive operate. And around the world the new oil fields are on a downward decline in size. Oil is getting more expensive to drill for. ANWAR isn't an answer. The numbers don't add up. It isn't funny, everyone dislikes paying more for gas. But, it is unrealistic, wishful thinking to believe we'll drill our way out of this. Those days are gone.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starjack
    Still did not anserw the question. DODGEING AGAIN

"Oh boy. Gonna have to turn it down a notch to answer this, I can see....

Because my man was Ron Paul. Ron Paul never did, and currently does not have the authority to issue drilling permits!! I said my man is not the president the first time."

Looks like you would have to dumb it down for starjack ----anserw dodgeing?????????????????? A 3rd grader could spell better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Quote:

Because my man was Ron Paul. Ron Paul never did, and currently does not have the authority to issue drilling permits!! I said my man is not the president the first time."

Looks like you would have to dumb it down for starjack ----anserw dodgeing?????????????????? A 3rd grader could spell better than that.
    POT meet KETTLE!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote:

I actually typed "dumb it down" first, but in my effort to avoid name calling and insults, I changed it to "turn it down a notch". I'm glad to see the message got through, just the same!

I don't care so much about spelling, but the total lack of reading comprehension skills astounds me!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I actually typed "dumb it down" first, but in my effort to avoid name calling and insults, I changed it to "turn it down a notch". I'm glad to see the message got through, just the same!

I don't care so much about spelling, but the total lack of reading comprehension skills astounds me!
    I think it' a two way street... you guys just bloviate arround the things you don't quite get.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think it' a two way street... you guys just bloviate arround the things you don't quite get.
    No. What's "not gotten" is that several ideologue zealots on this forum think they know everyone else and their beliefs...and proceed to assign "your man" status to folks some of us don't support.

Its like creating your very own reality. And that's ok, that's what zealots do, just keep it to yourself! (not you, personally)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote:

Roger, you are not exactly the best "speller" around. Guess we get to poke fun at your grammar and spelling.

Your time would be better served going out and getting some listings.

WRL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Roger, you are not exactly the best "speller" around. Guess we get to poke fun at your grammar and spelling.

Your time would be better served going out and getting some listings.

WRL
    I know I am not the best speller and never claimed to be. In fact I don't know how many times I have said I did not get "A's" in Engiish.

Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now averaging close to $3.70 a gallon nationwide, and suggested that the gentleman consider getting rid of his gas-guzzling vehicle.

"If you're complaining about the price of gas and you're only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know," Obama said laughingly. "You might want to think about a trade-in."
    You can't make this stuff up! If someone can't afford the gas for his clunker, how the heck can he afford to trade it in? Also might not occur to him that there are some people that actually need to drive larger vehicles as part of their livelihood.

Shows again how out of touch the politicians can be with the man on the street.

Almost as good as the fellow who called into one of the conservative talk shows & explained that the reason the Dems didn't do the budget last year was "because Obama wanted the Rs to have some input, because he reaches across the aisle."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    You can't make this stuff up! If someone can't afford the gas for his clunker, how the heck can he afford to trade it in? Also might not occur to him that there are some people that actually need to drive larger vehicles as part of their livelihood.

Shows again how out of touch the politicians can be with the man on the street.

Almost as good as the fellow who called into one of the conservative talk shows & explained that the reason the Dems didn't do the budget last year was "because Obama wanted the Rs to have some input, because he reaches across the aisle."
    There ya go, letting the conserative entertainers doing your thinking for you.